Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tootoo v. Robidas - March 17, 2007

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For anyone who missed it....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWw_VrQiSMU"]YouTube - Tootoo hit on Robidas Mar 17 2007[/ame]

1. The hit on Modano was hardly "going after their star player". He knocked him off his feet. Little else.

2. Robidas was going in to protect his capitain and star player. He had both arms up and was aiming for Tootoo's neck/head. Tootoo saw it coming over his right shoulder (you can see him looking) and threw his haymaker in defense. Robidas suffered the misfortune of skating straight into it.

Tootoo will get 3 games because the stretcher had to come out. But should he get anything? I don't think so.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheap shot. Cheap shot from a cheap player.

Doesn't suprise me that you thought it was great Franchise. You are a Tucker fan. Enough said.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice punch- for a sucker punch. :rolleyes:

Tootoo saw him coming and could have protected himself in a half dozen different scenarios I can think of besides pulling off a cheap sucker punch round-house.

3 games? Try the rest of the season and playoffs. Blatant disrespect for Robidas, and a head-shot to boot. If Simon got the rest of the season, so should Tootoo.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone should get to sit the rest of the year and playoffs, it is Modano.

Watch closely after 'the punch'...

Robidas hit Tootoo with a shot to the head at about the same time as he got 'the punch'.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It wasn't a head shot though, Regs. Fact is, Robidas didn't make contact. It looked like he was intending to two hand Tootoo the way he was skating towards him, but he never made contact. He can't be punished for something he didn't accomplish doing. Tootoo saw him coming, and could have side stepped him, dropped his gloves, and fought face-to-face...but he didn't. he took the chicken shite route.

As for Modano, his swing wasn't a head shot either. Yes, he should face the music, but since it wasn't a head-shot you can't put it in the same category as the Tootoo shot, or Simon's.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Modano's swung his stick at the head, that's pretty clear... if Tootoo hadn't bent over, he would have taken it full force on the noggin rather than the glancing blow.

All 3 clearly had the intent to hit the other to the head. 2 missed and one connected.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, how can you prove the intent to injure?

Robidas missed...his actions were the equivalent of soccer players who go running into a scrum with "intent", only to pull back at the last second and resort to hand-bags at 5 paces. You may be able to give a light suspension on "intent", but that's all.

Modano...he actually made contact, but do we know if he diverted intentionally? We don't. Give him 10 or something mid range for nasty stick work.

Tootoo...his was a full blown chicken shite cheep shot to the head, with intent to maim. Throw the book at him.

The league needs to send a message to these types of players by removing the instigator.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I'm swinging my stick at someone, it's not rocket science to figure out I'm trying to hurt the other dude.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back and head are totally different areas though. If I'm swinging, I know fully well that I'd better hit on the back (where there is armour), and not on the head or neck.

If you hit someone on the back, with the protection they have, it is nothing but a love tap. The head though...look at McSorely / Brashear.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Cheap shot. Cheap shot from a cheap player.

Doesn't suprise me that you thought it was great Franchise. You are a Tucker fan. Enough said.

Cheap shot? are u for real...:rolleyes:

Tucker, oh you mean the guy who has sat for 26 games and still better then Naslund....I get it. Point taken.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Looking at it again in slow motion, no doubt Modano was aiming for the back.

it doesn't matter wear he hits him....still swung his stick!

Tootoo then protectd himself by knocking Robidas out.....if he didn't want action, he shouldn't have come at Tootoo full bore.

lets suspend the coachs to....why would they put these two goons on the ice, i mean tootoo and Modano had full intentions of stirring things up I blame the GM's for signing both of them.

I'm on stike, if the Canucks match-up with Dallas first round, I say don't play them make a point!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, I'll bite.

I do this knowing full well Franchise that you are the single most unintelligent poster when it comes to anything hockey related.

That being said...what exactly would you call a sucker punch?

It has been long understood in hockey that a fair fight involves two players squaring off, dropping the gloves, and agreeing to go at it. Often one guy isn't as willing, but if the gloves don't drop, they don't go.

Now, granted, Robidas was skating towards Tootoo, but Tootoo saw him coming, and could have easily either ducked or sidestepped him. Instead, he sucker punched him with a gloved hand.

Not much different than Bert; same thing on Moore.

Punching someone when they least expect it is cowardly. How else can this be viewed other than a cheap shot from a cheap player?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
OK, I'll bite.

I do this knowing full well Franchise that you are the single most unintelligent poster when it comes to anything hockey related.

That being said...what exactly would you call a sucker punch?

It has been long understood in hockey that a fair fight involves two players squaring off, dropping the gloves, and agreeing to go at it. Often one guy isn't as willing, but if the gloves don't drop, they don't go.

Now, granted, Robidas was skating towards Tootoo, but Tootoo saw him coming, and could have easily either ducked or sidestepped him. Instead, he sucker punched him with a gloved hand.

Not much different than Bert; same thing on Moore.

Punching someone when they least expect it is cowardly. How else can this be viewed other than a cheap shot from a cheap player?

so brewer on cooke was cheap to.....pull your glasses up and sit closer to the tv and pay attention, it happens all the time. Tootoo was protecting himself, modano tried to hit him with his stick then Robidas skate full bore at him. If someone on the pitch kicked at you and then a another player ran full tilt with his arms up...what would you do..Drop to your knees or protect yourself?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
okay I watched it for the third time.

They both should be suspended, but Tootoo should get less then Modano. Mike should be gone as long as Simon....it shouldn't matter if he hit him or not....point is Modano tried to injure using his stick

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
You're a full bown idiot.

Besides, I hate Cooke for the same reason. Cheap player.

what about Crosby or Ovechkin, because those two are no better then Cooke for being cheap.

Any other stars you want me to name that are cheap?

Yeah i'm the full bown idiot here

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're Tootoo, you've just creamed the other teams best player you turn and see Robidas coming in full tits looking to run you down - this all happens in, what 1 maybe 2 seconds? what do you do?

If it's a fat lip and not a KO is it a big deal?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts