Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Things that make you say WTF?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love when people post things in outrage to forums and social media from "This is That" without having proper context. TIT is probably the best thing produced by the Communist Broadcaster of Canada, your tax dollars hard at work ;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the Communist Broadcaster of Canada
Yes, because we all know that comedy, like everything else, is made better by private enterprise interests. CTV and Global are much more capable of producing comedies than the gawdless heathen pinkos, like...

...oh that's right, they aren't. Your McCarthy shorts are showing again.:p

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece, I'm not saying that the CBC can't do it better, it's just that I'd prefer the black holes that my tax dollars go fund actually be in the well established crown corp monopolies like education, healthcare, transportation and such. The CBC using tax dollars to do anything other than report news and general public education programming is a farce as far as I'm concerned. Quite pleased that Rogers took NHL Rights and will be subletting some games to HNIC/CBC.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right. No more Dragon's Den marathons for you, bucko, or Ron & Don show either. Perish the thought that they're actually doing something that might be profitable or that people actually like to watch...

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In Denver on business today. Crazy.

Open4Biz.jpg Well, this doesn't make me say WGreenhouse.jpg TF, but it makes me think Canada is missing out on some huge tax revenue. There was a line up out the door. People from all over in line. 2 guys from New Jersey had just got off the plane and had the biggest grins on their faces - like when Charlie enters the Chocolate Factory. And they have chocolates!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fact that the Yanks spend Billions of dollars a day, federally, on fighting a war on Pot is insane, especially considering their current economic plight.

In Canada it's insane that you can go to InSite and shoot up in a nice warm lounge and get counselling and a nice warm beverage in the winter but you can be arrested for smoking a joint at the beach.

We should be legalizing it, taxing it and regulating it. Think of all the empty spaces at the multi-tenant warehouses, legal grow shows that would be safe would fill them up and it would create jobs. A large chunk of the safety concerns surrounding illegal grow-shows (insurance companies, BC Hydro being stolen from, Fire Threats, Flooding Threats, Stinky Neighbor issues, etc) will go away.

I'd humbly also submit to you that a large amount of illegal activity by the organized crime groups is tied to marijuana trade, of course they'll find other things to busy themselves with, but the Pot trade going legit will provide at minimum a short term neutering of some of their revenue generation, thus taking potential public shootings and human trafficking down a peg or two.

Any of you that watch "Inside Man" with Morgan Spurlock on CNN? If you haven't seen the show you should watch it, specifically the Marijuana one. It's scary.

Humble $0.02 worth.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely agree. It is insane that we have given dirtbags such a long time to make so much money. If you take that revenue stream out of them, they have lost their natural resource in the thug business: coke, guns, bud. Chicks on the side. And, like any business, financials run your headcount.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are 100's of leagal grow ops now. Where are all the profits going? Thats what I would like to know, there is no regulation and no one is policing them.

I would question the government to how much of this ( legal ) pot is going to dispersaries!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0