Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The World Scene

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sure Keeper will have some Sociology 101 insight for us.....

POLICE LEAVE CAMEROON COACH 'WITH TROUSERS AROUND ANKLES'

Cameroon's German coach Winfried Schafer was involved in amazing scenes at the African Nations Cup as his assistant was handcuffed and had his trousers pulled down by the Mali police.

Schafer, 51 and with a shock of blonde hair not unlike that of Spinal Tap's David St. Hubbins, was apprehended together with goalkeeping coach Thomas Nkono as they wandered onto the pitch at the March 26 Stadium prior to Cameroon's semi-final match against the host nation.

Immediately, around 10 riot police began to manhandle the pair, knocking Nkono to the ground and dragging him onto the running track around the pitch before handcuffing him.

As Nkono was led down the players tunnel, he is said to have had his tracksuit bottoms pulled down around his ankles. A stunned Schafer urged photographers to record the scene.

It is likely that the police took exception to what they perceived as a black magic ritual by the Cameroon pair after an object was retrieved from the ground where Schafer and his assistant had been standing.

Cameroon's minister for sport, Bidoung Mpkatt, who was present at the match, hinted that further action may be taken against the Mali officials.

"I hope it's just a minor incident, I hope it was an individual error on the part of the policemen involved," he told AFP.

"But if it's something more than that we will take appropriate action. If it's an attempt at intimidation it will not work."

When questioned as to whether Nkono had been attempting to cast a black-magic charm, Mpkatt was dismissive.

"Lucky charms don't play football," he insisted. "The truth is on the pitch."

shite, we used to do that to Jinks as a Pokes pre/during/post game ritual.

The Loose Apple

Feb 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champions League

Well after taping and the watching the 2 big games from TSN. I have come to the conclusion that I wasted 4hours of tape for what only needed to be the final 10 minutes of each game. They were absolute thrill rides:rolleyes:

Why the teams left the urgency till the last minutes is beyond me.
:confused: If they gave the same point for a tie and 4 or 5 points for a win, maybe that will wake the teams up, to play an attacking and entertaining game.

I guess they all still have the winter blues or something.

Champions League watching blues

The Loose Apple

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you think it is about time to quit?

John Toshack has been 'sacked' again. Here is a little bit about his coaching stints over the last 18 years. Who said life as a manager was easy?

1984: Moved to Portuguese club Sporting Lisbon.

1985: Signed as coach of Real Sociedad of Spain. Won the Spanish Cup in 1987 and guided the side to second place in the league the following season.

1989: Appointed Real Madrid coach.

1990: Won league championship in first season in charge as side scored 107 first division goals - a record that still stands.

1990: November 18, sacked as Real Madrid coach 11 games into the season after three successive defeats.

1991: Began second spell at Real Sociedad, originally as an adviser and later as head coach.

1994: January 28, appointed Wales coach on a part-time basis after the sacking of Terry Yorath. Resigned after just one game in charge, a 3-1 defeat by Norway.

1994: November 24, sacked as Real Sociedad coach.

1995: March 23, appointed coach of Deportivo Coruna taking over on July 1.

1997: February 9, resigned from Deportivo Coruna.

1997: June 25, appointed coach of Turkish club Besiktas. Finished a disappointing sixth in the league in his first season in charge.

1999: February 24, appointed coach of Real Madrid for the second time, following the sacking of Guus Hiddink.

1999: June, guided side to second place in the Spanish first division, behind arch-rivals Barcelona, thus securing place in Champions League.

1999: November 17, sacked as Real coach after 11 games of the season, with the team in eighth place in the table. Replaced by former Real player Vicente Del Bosque.

2000: October 6, appointed coach of French first division strugglers St. Etienne.

2000: December, guided St. Etienne out of relegation zone and into 13th place in the 18-team division.

2001: January 2, appointed coach of Real Sociedad for the third time, following the resignation of Periko Alonso. Guided them to 13th place at the end of the season.

2002: After a disappointing start to the season, signed Dutch goalkeeper Sander Westerveld, Yugoslav striker Darko Kovacevic and Turkish midfielder Nihat Kahveci for close to $15 million but results failed to improve and Toshack sacked after 2-0 defeat to Tenerife left the side down in the relegation places once again.

Email

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Englad/Italy RESULT POSTED!!! be WARNED

How come no one is talking about this match???

The Result:
ENGLAND 1 - Italy 2

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting points to note:

1. Hargreaves subbed on at half. Nice to see him getting time.
2. England splits halves with their keepers -- David James allow both goals (one PK) and Martyn gets a clean sheet; will this be the year Seaman is sent out to pasture?
3. Toldo is left on the bench for the full 90 minutes. After Euro 2000, is he still 2nd string, or was he just rested?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Italy 2 v England 1

I read it in the paper somewhere that Erikson (sp) was resting Seaman and wanted to see how the other goalies perform.

Toldo has been playing real well of late especially in last weeks quarterfinals of uefa cup vs Valencia. But he will likely back up Gigi Buffon.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mince...

No one's talking about the game because, as a friendly, the result doesn't matter whatsoever. Just ask any Scotsman today.

The first half was mind numbingly boring with neither side giving a toss. Half time and Eriksson replaces nine of the eleven and if Owen Hargreaves didn't do enough last night to prove to everyone that he should never have been capped by England then Eriksson ain't half as clever as he pretends to be. Hargreaves is woefully one footed and was found out too many times to mention by an Italian side playing to 60% of their capacities. Joe Cole, another player given a last chance to book his seat on the plane to the Far East made Fowler's goal brilliantly then contrived to be dispossessed in his own end to allow Italy to score a gem of an individual goal. A draw would have been a fair result but David James fell for the delicate and unsporting inbalance of one of the wop forwards and brushed him gently with his blonde afro as he went for the ball in the final minute. Penno dago; England 1 Italy 2.

MOTM was Southampton's Wayne Bridge who, finally, provided some pace, touch, and endeavour down the much maligned England left side.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh for fcuk sake you dim-witted kraut twat...

One would think that after 12,897 posts you'd be able to differentiate between taking the piss and giving it away.

You're a fcuking kraut for Christ's sake, you should consider yourself lucky you're even allowed to come on a site called ttp.com. I'm sure if it weren't for the ropey French background of our fearless leader and his inate and unconscious fear of seeing your henchmen comrades goose-stepping up the Champs Elysees again you'd have been justifiably barred ages ago.

Did you watch the kraut-yank humour fest last night? I see your lederhosen pillow-biting compatriots out bored them 4-2. The banter in the stands would have been side aching.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice one, Colin.

Pure brilliance. Out does the "gay farmers doing deep knee bends in a cucumber patch" by a long shot.

Really shouldn't leave the mind numbing "either or's" thread.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's up wiith edit, Keeps? Thought so.

Capitano, you got something on your nose. Yah, I know...good one, eh?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Muppet is as Muppet does

What's up wiith edit, Keeps? Thought so.

Capitano, you got something on your nose. Yah, I know...good one, eh?

What fcuking edit are you on about? Furthermore, your contributions here in TTP haven't been exactly overwhelming have they?

Face it, you're a fcuking muppet. I don't always agree with Keeper but he was spot on with that shout :rolleyes:

~TB.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jim Henson has spoken....

Sorry Keeper, you do actually have a friend. I guess I can't call either you or Regs, Billy-no-mates, as you two have each other.

I'm sure you will be happy.

Keeping on topic, as I don't want to Kojak to lose his wig again, has anyone seen the young lad from River Plate. I believe his name is Andrés D'Alessandro. The next big 'un to come out of Argentina. You heard it hear first.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
roll over and play dead....

What fcuking edit are you on about? Furthermore, your contributions here in TTP haven't been exactly overwhelming have they?

Face it, you're a fcuking muppet. I don't always agree with Keeper but he was spot on with that shout.

I knew it. Regs, your French tendencies must be curbed. Seek counselling or hypno-therapy, sunshine, as they're the only ways you're going to be able to stop having that re-occuring dream of keeper driving up the Champs Elysees in his Volkswagen Panzer tank and battering the bottom of the Eiffel Tower as you frantically and fruitlessly scramble up to the top of it. A good hypno-therapist will enable you to rid your subconscious of the horrors of being frog marched with a luger pointed at your shiny pate into a German concentration camp of which Dazza (honourary German) is the Commandant in Chief and keeper his little hunch-backed and dribbling henchman.

Plus, calling Buckfast a fcuking muppet is being unkind to the tireless work Jim Henson devoted to the world of puppetry before his untimely demise.

Man Ure are pursuing Andrés D'Alessandro who, the papers on the weekend reported, is valued at around £20m. Apparently he's worth an extra £5m as a result of having a cheeky accent grave in his name.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0