Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2005/2006

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice Finish by the boyz...lucky to come out of it with a win.

We were all over em' and like I said...Cujo...WOW!! :eek:
Cujo played amazingly...Cloutier...not bad, not great, but made a couple of nice saves, but really...Cujo stole the show!

Cookie...buryin' em'...good on him!!

Saturday's Game...HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE...I say 4-2 Nucker's...Bert is gonna get a Gordie Howe Hatty...it's gonna be grrrrreat!!

striker14

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im curious to se what kind of a reception Brad May will get tonite. I guess he is boo'd in Colorado everytime he steps on the ice.

I think he will have to drop them with someone, just to make a statement, Im curious who it will be.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lee Goren is my guess.

Really looking forward to this one, especially after the humping the Av's gave your team recently :)

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
9 games into the season, and this is the 3rd meeting between these 2 clubs. What a great schedule!!!!

Well, at least we do not have to see Gaborik yet!

Vancouver at Minnesota

TV: PPV; RADIO: CKNW

GAME: Vancouver Canucks (7-1-1) at Minnesota Wild (5-3-1).

TIME: Tuesday, 5pm. PST.

After missing all of the preseason and first six games of the regular season recovering from a groin injury, Marian Gaborik returned to show the offensive brilliance that has made him the Minnesota Wild's all-time leading scorer.

A strained hip flexor, though, will keep Gaborik out of the lineup when Minnesota meets the Vancouver Canucks for the third time this season.

Gaborik, the third overall pick in the 2000 draft, scored twice during Sunday's 4-2 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks to give him two goals and four assists in three games since returning from the groin injury.

Gaborik appeared to re-injure the groin Sunday and did not play late in the contest. Wild assistant general manager Tom Lynn reported Monday that Gaborik has a strained hip flexor, will miss this game and is listed as day-to-day.

"I guess we just have to wait," Minnesota coach Jacques Lemaire said. "We'll do what we did without him in the past and wait until he feels good and he's ready to play."

Without Gaborik, the Wild will continue to look to veteran center Marc Chouinard for offense. Chouinard has two goals and five assists during a four-game points streak.

Minnesota is looking for its season-high third straight win at Xcel Energy Center as it faces a Vancouver team that has won five straight to move four points ahead of the Wild for first place in the Northwest Division.

The Canucks extended their streak with a 6-4 win Saturday over the Colorado Avalanche.

Vancouver has scored 25 goals during the win streak and has been paced by Markus Naslund and Ed Jovanovski.

Naslund, who leads the Canucks in goals and points, has two goals and five assists during a five-game points streak. Assists leader Jovanovski has two goals and six assists during a four-game points streak.

The Canucks have also shown solid special-teams play recently, scoring 10 power-play goals in the last four games to move from 25th to 12th in the league.

STANDINGS: Canucks - 15 points, 1st place, Northwest Division. Wild - 11 points, 2nd place, 4 PB, Northwest Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Canucks - Naslund, 6 goals and 12 points; Jovanovski, 8 assists; Todd Bertuzzi, 19 PIM. Wild - Chouinard, 6 goals and 11 points; Todd White, 7 assists; Derek Boogaard, 23 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS (through Oct. 23): Canucks - Power play: 18.9 percent (14 for 74), 12th in NHL. Penalty killing: 77.0 percent (37 for 48), 26th. Wild - Power play: 28.8 percent (13 for 45), 1st. Penalty killing: 94.3 percent (50 for 53), 2nd.

GOALTENDERS: Canucks - Dan Cloutier (5-1-1, 3.12 GAA); Alex Auld (2-0-0, 2.00). Wild - Manny Fernandez (3-0-1, 1.48); Dwayne Roloson (2-3-0, 1 SO, 2.62).

SEASON SERIES: 1-1.

LAST MEETING: Oct. 14; Canucks, 5-3. At St. Paul, Minn., Richard Park, a former member of the Wild, had a goal and two assists to lead Vancouver.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Canucks - 2-1-1 on the road; Wild - 4-1-0 at home.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another win to match the teams best 10 game start ever. 8-1-1 for 17 points. That puts them on pace for 136! :eek:

Auld with the perfect 3-0 record. He's the perfect guy to push Cloutier a little. This team is looking good right now.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The team looks good...but what the hell was Bert thinking???? He was wide open...10ft in front of the net...and then puts a blind pass back to Nasi who had three guys on him!!! He really needs to find himself and get on track!!!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your Canucks game day preview...

Vancouver at Colorado

TV: PPV; RADIO: CKNW

GAME: Vancouver Canucks (8-1-1) at Colorado Avalanche (4-4-1).

TIME: Thursday, 9 p.m. EDT.

While fans of the Colorado Avalanche will have their attention focused squarely on Todd Bertuzzi, the team itself would be better off concerning themselves with slowing down one of the NHL's best clubs.

Bertuzzi makes his long-awaited first appearance in Colorado as the red-hot Vancouver Canucks try to extend their winning streak to seven when they face the Avalanche.

Moore hasn't played since the incident, but has been rehabbing. A free agent, the Avalanche have been lukewarm about his return, saying they'll welcome him back only when his doctors clear him to play.

At the very least, Bertuzzi will be booed every time he touches the puck Thursday.

"I will be vocal. I will be heard," Avalanche season-ticket holder Bruce Peterson said. "Avalanche fans have taken it pretty personal."

Avalanche fans will get more time to boo Bertuzzi because in an NHL scheduling quirk, the Canucks play at Colorado again on Saturday.

These teams have already met this season with the Canucks holding on for a 6-4 victory in Vancouver last Saturday. That game went off without incident.

"I could have played a couple more periods," was Bertuzzi's response when asked if he was glad his first game against the Avs was over.

Although Bertuzzi has been limited to two goals in 10 games, it hasn't had any negative effect on the Canucks, who at 8-1-1 have matched the best record in team history after 10 games. Their only regulation loss was Oct. 12 when Minnesota won 6-0 in St. Paul.

Captain Markus Naslund helped the Canucks to their sixth straight win, 3-1 at Minnesota on Tuesday, breaking a tie early in the second period with his team-leading seventh goal.

"Minnesota has a lot of injuries, and tonight we caught them at the right time, when they probably would've liked to have a few of those guys back," Canucks coach Marc Crawford said.

During their six-game streak, the Canucks have outscored opponents 28-14. Only Detroit (42) and Colorado (39) have scored more goals than Vancouver (38).

Colorado has won two of three - both against Edmonton - following a three-game losing streak.

Patrice Brisebois and Ian Laperriere scored in the final minute in a 5-3 victory over the Oilers on Tuesday.

The win allowed the Avalanche to breathe a sigh of relief after they blew a pair of three-goal leads in two losses during their most recent homestand.

"The usual," Brisebois said. "We start great and struggle. We didn't play well without the puck. We are undisciplined. We regained control and won."

STANDINGS (through Oct. 25): Canucks - 17 points, 1st place, Northwest Division. Avalanche - 9 points, 3rd place (tied), 8 PB, Northwest Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Canucks - Naslund, 7 goals and 13 points; Ed Jovanovski, 8 assists; Bertuzzi, 19 PIM. Avalanche - Marek Svatos and Brisebois, 5 goals; Rob Blake and Alex Tanguay, 8 assists; John-Michael Liles, 11 points; Laperriere, 29 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS (through Oct. 25): Canucks - Power play: 18.3 percent (15 for 82), 12th in NHL. Penalty killing: 78.2 percent (43 for 55), 26th. Avalanche - Power play: 23.3 percent (14 for 60), 4th. Penalty killing: 85.5 percent (53 for 62), 10th.

GOALTENDERS: Canucks - Dan Cloutier (5-1-1, 3.12 GAA); Alex Auld (3-0-0, 1.67). Avalanche - David Aebischer (3-3-0, 3.53); Peter Budaj (1-1-1, 2.95).

SEASON SERIES: Canucks, 1-0.

LAST MEETING: Saturday; Canucks, 6-4. At Vancouver, British Columbia, Daniel Sedin's second goal of the game with seven minutes left in the third period extended the Canucks' lead to 5-1, but the Avs scored three straight before Trevor Linden's empty-net goal sealed the win for Vancouver.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Canucks - 3-1-1 on the road; Avalanche - 2-2-1 at home.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
The team looks good...but what the hell was Bert thinking???? He was wide open...10ft in front of the net...and then puts a blind pass back to Nasi who had three guys on him!!! He really needs to find himself and get on track!!!

I don't know about looking good they simply just sqeaking wins because of cloutier's play.....there D needs to start playing better and stop taking stupid penalties. Honestly they should really put bert on the second line until he can start playing....Park deserves to be playing on the first line....that guy can fly out there.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1)i think alex auld's 3-0 record would disagree with your first statement.
2)who would you take off the second line in favour of bert???
3)are you from richmond??

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
1)i think alex auld's 3-0 record would disagree with your first statement.
2)who would you take off the second line in favour of bert???
3)are you from richmond??

hasn't Auld played twice against Minny :confused: Auld proved how good he was in the playoffs when Clout's got hurt...granted he didn't let one in from center but he also didn't wins games for them either.

Park should be on the first line

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
explain to me how cloutier is stinking the joint out?
you cant possibly fault him for the 4 goals.
the canucks havent shown up tonight and the defense is playing like shite.
Nice to see that clown macgoo is staying true to form and making garbage calls.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
D13 said:

Bottom Line...when the Canucks win...Clouts is the HERO...when we are losing and he lets in a few goals...the Boo Birds come out...gimme a break...the D-Line had a bad game...that's it!!

Bert...WHAT ARE YOU DOING???????????????????????????????????

Brutal showing...Saturday shall be interesting

striker14

NUTTER#13

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classy move to stick this game on ppv. Nothing better than trying to profit from the Bertuzzi cheap shot. Classy Canucks............. real classy!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classy move bashing the orginization without knowing the facts.

Sportsnet would normally carry the game, but the slot was taken for the World Series game five. No one knew it was going to be a sweep leaving that spot open for the game.

Relax there Nutter.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
D13 said:

Well lets talk about the fourth goal which was from the blueline without a screen? Or Bertuzzi licking the hind leg for the whole game or maybe the shitty behind the goal shot Auld let in. Does this sum it up ;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking hell is Brookbank a waste of space out there. Gets shite kicked in a fight, and then goes out of position to cheep shot the fcuker who beat him up in the back only to let a 2 on 1 go the other way for a goal.

The guy should NEVER see the ice.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally disagree with you TR! Brookbank has a job to do! Yes he did not fare well last night in his scrap with Boogaard, but I am not sure that many will.

As for the hitting him from behind, that was in retaliation for Boogie smoking Ohlund behind the Canucks net moments before! Yes it did pull him out of position, and he probably could have picked a better time...maybe at a whistle...but what's done is done! Who else on the Canucks is going to police the opposition? Jovo? sure...we would not miss him in the penalty box! Goren...he has had too fights this year, and that leads the Canucks...but seriously...!!! Jarko? I think not! Even with the new rules in the NHL, the enforcers are still needed!

Talk about all the fights this year here!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0