Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely, you're fcuking kidding, HOS.....

Great comment Capt., tell me this then about your Flyers, why is it that no Keeper can last more that a few seasons, because when the team shitts the bed in the play-offs the media goes after the keeper who has had a great regular season. The team gets rid of the guy because he can't deal with the pressure off the ice. Sounds a lot like Vancouver doesn't it.

What the fcuk does a contract 'dispute' have to do with the Flyers' shitty goaltending? He was getting fcuking paid to play hockey. A lot of money, I might add. Enough of this because you're bringing moot comments into my original TIRRANT(Right, Guinness?).

BTW, when you're on the field, HOS, do you think about all the TTPers who make fun of your goaltending ability? Are you able to put all that aside until AFTER the game when you go home and get roasted? If you can do that, surely Bertuzzi can do it, especially knowing he has a fcuking shite load of money waiting for him every two weeks and is financially set for life. Does that make sense, HOS? Hopefully, this has shed some new light into your view........:confused:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off Ice Pressure

You are talking about off Ice pressure here, right. Well that could be anything from a contract dispute, family problems or legal problems. What adds to this is the fukcing media in Bert's face about it every day.
"Oh, you are not scoring like you did last year, is that because your contract is not settled?" or "You beat up your wife and pulled the doors off the wall, that is why you let the last goal in?" or "You are up on rape charges, is that why you missed the free throws?"

Same for Bert, he wanted this contract done before the puck was dropped in the first game of the year, that did not happen, so he started the year with the contract over his head and the media on him every day, the contract was bigger than the game the night before. The media take the pressure that is on players in a city and multiply that by 100.

Ya captain you are right, they are professional athletes with no human emotion or feelings and so they go out and performe like that every night, no matter what is going on off the ice or pitch.

Looking forward to the Nucks vs. Kings in LA, heard that Palffy was arrested for domestic battery of his body builder girlfriend. I am sure that this will not effect his game, and that he will continue his scoring ways and win the scoring title.

hos

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
???

here's some classy reporting. Kevin Kinghorn, in recapping the second period of the canucks game in good? taste made the following remark:

Despite the kind of pressure only Pam Anderson's athletic support bra can truly understand, the Canucks simply couldn't breach the Columbus defense...

an unsuccesful attempt at creative writing

:rolleyes:

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertuzzi

The way I understand this whole Bertuzzi thing is that he was under contract for another year. He had a year left in his existing contract, so why the pressure to resign him? The CBA may have meant the didnt have to py him at all. The Media made it a big deal when it really wasnt.
At least Bertuzzi's agent wasnt pulling the same bullshit as Comrie's. I hope that little fcuker never plays another game.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the pressure to sign Bertuzzi before the new CBA was in case the age of un-restricted free-agency changes.....

Imagine what Bert would get as an UFA!

You dont think The Wings would love to have him on there team?
Players like Shanahan and yezerman, etc may all take a minor pay-cut to sign Bert....

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cant see a post CBA league without a Salary Cap. Every other professional north american league has one. A salary cap will greatly alter the league landscape, for the first few years anyway.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hammer,

The way it was is this..................

He was under contract till June 30th of this season. At that time he would be 29, I believe. He would have been a restricted free agent and would have been guaranteed a 10 raise (qualifying offer) or could go to arbitration where everyone knew he would get at least what Pav. Dimetra got this summer ( 7 million per year). At the end of that year he is 30 and again is guaranteed a 10% raise or unresticted free agency! Sohe would get his money regardless.

That is best case situation for the Nucks as they would have the player still! But everyone feels that the new CBA will have a salary cap of some sort and in return, the players will get unrestricted free agency brought to them at an earlier age, from the 31 it is right now. So potentially Bertuzzi could have become and unrestricted free agent before any hockey is played at the end of this year and thus go to the highest bidder:(

So by getting him now they ensure he is a Canuck for 3 season after this and the player is happy that the organization didn't put him through the ringer for the next 8 months.

Confused, hope that helps, but wait till next year.

John

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks John

I understand the desire to lock him up for a few years. Its the pressure to get it done now I am struggling with. I guess Im assuming there will be no hockey next year. :(

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The pressure is that this very well could have been his last season with the Nucks if and when the new CBA gets done. And that doesn't take into account if there is hockey next year either.

If Bertuzzi didn't get his new deal he wouldn't have signed most likely till a new deal (CBA) was in place to see if he could become a free free agent.

Rambling I know but the bottom line, good deal and a fair market price for the Nucks and Bert.

John

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goalie...

We still need a better goalie to go far in the playoffs. Hedberg was flopping around his crease last night...again. Cloutier still lets in a bad goal a game. The time is now. Trade prospects, Slegr to get back a keeper. Kolzig anyone! I apologize if I sound like D Pratt. Out!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sopel Injury

....or is a sign of a trade?
Release Slegr / Sopel 's contract and pick up berard?

Vancouver Canucks - Recalled defenseman Jaroslav Obsut from Manitoba of the American Hockey League.

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
good move for canuck blueline

Hope you fortune telling goes further than texas hold'em Zaurini. I'd take almost anything instead of Sopel, guy gives up the puck way too much, if it weren't for Ohlund picking up the slack he would have been history a long time ago. Seems like their keeping him around just because of that couple months a while back when he was on a point scoring tear. His confidence is shot now. Bring in Berard and our backline is looking sweet.

pearsy

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard he's actually got a tentative deal done with a Western team, but that it is dependant on the team moving a player first. I've also heard that the team is deffinitely not the Canucks.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
not the trade we want!

Canucks acquire Sean Pronger

Canadian Press

10/30/2003

VANCOUVER (CP) - The Vancouver Canucks acquired forward Sean Pronger from the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday in exchange for forward Zenith Komarniski.
Pronger will join Vancouver's AHL affiliate, the Manitoba Moose, on the team's current road trip in San Antonio.
Pronger, 30, played in 78 games for the Blue Jackets last season recording 13 points (7-6) and 72 penalty minutes. He had two goals and seven penalty minutes in seven games with Syracuse of the AHL this season.
The six-foot-three, 210-pound native of Thunder Bay, Ont., was originally drafted by the Canucks, 51st overall, in the 1991 entry draft. He has 58 points (23-35-58) and 155 penalty minutes in 257 career games.
Komarniski, chosen 76th overall by the Canucks in the '96 draft, had 35 penalty minutes in 10 games with the Moose this season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny how they essentially ruin Komarniski's career by asking him to switch from being a very capable d-man (who'd look OK in a call up right now), then trade him for another discard.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0