Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup

Who will win the Pak cup?

• Surrey City Peg

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Delta Metro United

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • GN Sporting Club

• Aldergrove United

• Poco City United

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Townsend Park

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for the league

Originally posted by TheFenian
Hey PoCo boys,
You now know how we felt after out lost last week.Everyone taking the piss at you. No need to be braggin' as we'll see eacg other soon. Big match in two weeks. Both teams will be fired up. It's nice to have a couple of weeks to get ready for the game. Still waiting for the beer!!
Fenian

Should be good game, hopefully with a different result!

scouser

Sep 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Boys!!

I am just wondering what the situation is for you guys for getting through to the next round? Is it true that you have to win by three goals? This is a serious question, No piss taking here!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL MOTW

This weekend’s Pak Cup match between Poco and Peg is probably the most intriguing of the weekend. I don’t think anyone expected that, at this point, Poco Dominion would have their backs against the wall just to advance to the elimination round. I am going out on a not-so-short limb here, and saying that Dominion will be eliminated from the Pak by Sunday night. Here’s why:

· Peg has more to play for. At this point, Peg needs to not only win their last game, but also need GEU to loose to make the BC’s. That is, if the top 5 Premier teams qualify. Even if that is the case, and the above scenario occurs, how is the tiebreaker decided? If it is goal differential, Peg would get by. Basically, GEU has its destiny in its hands, Peg doesn’t. SOMEBODY PLEASE STRAIGHTEN ME OUT HERE WHERE I MAY BE WRONG!!!
· Peg’s chances of making a Pak Cup run are improved if Dominion isn’t around to have to play later on.
· Dominion has already qualified for the BCs, which I know is their true focus this year. I know those ex-Metro Ford boys want to show their stuff in the real show this year, and stick it to Willy. The Pak is strictly a bonus, as much as the lot of them say they want to win it.
· Peg is riding high after the big win over PAU. The boys have been training hard, and are focused.

As a club guy, I want Peg to do well. I think I wouldn’t get many arguments, though, in saying that Dominion is the toughest team in the FVSL to beat when they’re motivated and prepared. My feeling is that the end result (moving on in the Pak) will come down to who wants it more. Peg has to be motivated to eliminate Dominion, while Dominion needs a huge result to dig themselves out of their hole. Lots of goals, and a shutout to boot. Tall order. The fact that they have already qualified for the BCs will be sitting somewhere in the back of their minds, while Peg will be looking to keep the score close, and the offence on.

Final score (amended from my earlier prediction): Peg 2, Poco 2. Peg moves on, Poco gets eliminated and begins focusing on the BCs. Let’s hear it boys!
:cool:

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results needed

If I'm not mistaken, these are the results from the previous two weeks for these three teams:

SC Pegasus 5, Peace Arch 1.:confused:
Peace Arch 3, Poco City 2.:eek:

Things needed for teams to advance:

SC Peg needs to win, tie, or lose by two goals or less to clinch the group. That will leave them at +2 (goal difference), and Poco will be +1. If they lose by three goals, Poco wins the group, Peg finishes second. It takes a Poco demolishing to eliminate Peg from the group - a seven goal win.

Poco needs to win - period. Anything less and they will watch the quarter-finals from the sidelines. Again, if they win by three, they win the group. (+2 to Peg +1)

Peace Arch need Poco to tie or lose.

Anybody follow all that?:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The SFC dream...

Just read Yanks' post in the BC thread...I guess only the top 4 of the FVSL premier qualify, plus the two Pak finalists.

Hopefully we see a Peg / Rangers final!:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seven goals?

I guess you're right Yankee-Doodle-Dandy, it would take a 7 goal thrashing to eliminate our guys.

PAs only hope is for Peg to beat PoCo.

We're in a similar situation on Friday.
Delta has to beat us to advance, but the goal thing is a bit closer in our group.

I suppose Delta would have to beat us by four for PoCo City to advance unless we beat Delta of course.
Sure would like to win our group.
Don't know if I want to face GEU at the moment.
(No disrespect Sidney)

Good luck lads.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You also don't want to have to face Peg unless it is in the final...a possible scenario should you not win your group (since Peg is a very good bet to win their group right now).

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Interesting breakdown of the possiblities.

To start the game PAU will be cheering for Peg. If, late in the game Poco has a lead they will be cheering for Poco. Many things can happen. I am fairly sure that Poco will ready and excited to play this Sunday. This is why we all play, games that matter!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The SFC dream...

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Just read Yanks' post in the BC thread...I guess only the top 4 of the FVSL premier qualify, plus the two Pak finalists.

Hopefully we see a Peg / Rangers final!:D

I guess the only spot up for grabs is who will finish 3rd and fourth, with ALU gauranteed to be one of them. Delta play GEU to see who gets the last spot - that will be a good game, unless of course there is a hockey game and most of Delta decide not to show again.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess this is all true!!

If only the top 4 teams advance out of the group, there is a chance that the 5th and 6th place might still make the B.C.'s.

This can happen if two out of the top four teams make it to the finals. Then 5th and 6th go on. If one of the top four teams make it, then the 5th place team goes on. So, there still are some questions on who will be going to the B.C.'s. More questions will be answered after the weekend.

Good luck to ya, Rangers. Hope to see ya in the final.:D

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BCs

There are a few ways that Peg can qualify I guess: make it to the finals, or beat or tie GEU and hope that two teams from the top four in Premier make it to the finals.
That means, if you don't make it to the finals you will be cheering against the Rangers(?) if you want to make the BCs

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
prov. cup

I am pretty sure only 5 teams represent the F.V.S.L.,99% sure ,8 metro,3-island & interior
anyone?????

as for poco they have to beat pegs by a 3 goal margin if they want to advance,BORED better make up his ASSists that weekend fCUKING CLOWN
Dont under estimate PEGS ,they are a underestimated team,;) :p ;) :p ;) :D ;) :p ;) :p ;) :p
big jonny c. will be up for for this game,so will scobbie doo mmr. arthur:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: The SFC dream...

Originally posted by bored
unless of course there is a hockey game and most of Delta decide not to show again.

Classic.:cool:
Is there a hockey game Friday night?

Cheering against the Rangers?
Unheard of.;)

Sid, my Celtic brother, PoCo only need to beat Peg period:eek: to advance.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wankerforever

how do you figger ,Its on goals for ,goals for is what N.F. told SID VICIOUS
where is your game FRI?I
CHERRIO WANK

sid;)

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teams that qualify

It's kinda bugging me; you know, how stupid Sid is!

Okay dimwit, this is how it works:

6 teams from the FVSL qualify
8 teams from the VMSL qualify
3 teams from the island qualify*

* the third place team from the island plays a separate qualifying game against one of the fourteen lower mainland teams, which is drawn randomly. Last year, the Metro-Ford Wolves were drawn and hammered the island team 5 - 0.

The six teams that qualified from the Valley last year were: Delta, Poco City, Golden Ears, Townsend Park, Surrey City Rangers and Surrey United.

The VMSL teams were: Croatia, Indo-Canadians, Rino's Westside, Surrey United, NS Pegasus, Burnaby Canadians, Metro-Ford and ICSF.

Yours in educating the masses,:rolleyes:
Yankee

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yankee/sid

And the rest of you Valley morons this is how it works: ....

Spots in the BC's are allocated to the three leagues on a proportanal membership basis. This can fluctuate from year to year.

This year, thanks to Surrey United moving two teams from the Valley to VMSL it was sufficient swing to affect the allocations.

VMSL 9 spots ( 4 Imperial 5 from league )
FVSL 5 spots ( 2 from Cup 3 from league )
Island 2 spots

Total 16. So whoever claims the last spot in VMSL can thank Surrey United and whoever finishes 4th or 5th in the Valley is shite out of luck unless the reach the Pak. finial.

Quit the mindless moronic bullshit and banter and check you facts.

BTW, where the hell is Skytrain? Shopping for hair dye me thinks....:rolleyes:

KNOBforever.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Yankee/sid

Originally posted by knvb
VMSL 9 spots ( 4 Imperial 5 from league )
FVSL 5 spots ( 2 from Cup 3 from league )

If this is correct ALU may soon be on the outside looking in. As sid henry said Peg is underestimated, Peg plays ALU last game of the league. GEU plays Delta, as long as they don't tie and ALU loses they are not gonna make the BCs. We all know they aren't gonna make any noise int the PAK.

That would put Poco and PAU in for sure, with lots still to be decided for third place, and the two finalist from the Cup, of course if either of the top three teams make it then ALU is in anyways. The Pak becomes more important for a lot of teams, birth in the BCs is important. Chance to play those VMSL loudmouths.

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for clarifying, KNVB.

I only had last year's information. Guess I shouldn't have assumed.

Pretty fcuked system. You guys can't do anything with any degree of normalcy. Why would it change from year to year? There is still the same amount of teams in each premier league, isn't there? Or did that change, too.:rolleyes:

So, I guess SC Pegasus went from being elated to being crushed over the last few posts. Sorry boys.:rolleyes: My bad.

What do you expect from me? Look at our hockey team!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0