Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Mighty Flyers 2003/2004

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Budweiser. If you contact Kagan, it might be a little cheaper to buy a flat? ;)

It looks like the cnuting Canucks are going to make a great day of betting go sour pretty quickly.

Placed : 22/11/2003 20:50:09 Bet Type : Fourfolds Stake : 25.00
1 bet @ 25.00 per bet Status

Detroit at Minnesota Detroit to Win @ 1.80 Open
Dallas at St Louis St Louis to Win @ 1.52 Open
Toronto at Vancouver Vancouver to Win @ 1.50 Open
Nashville at San Jose San Jose to Win @ 1.64 Open

Transaction Number : 890881101

Detroit and St. Louis have already won and San Jose is a LOCK

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Budweiser it is. I will not bring it tomorrow but I will have it for you for next weekend! Alright?

Parkhead

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What an uninspired performance from the top two teams in the East, not to mention the league.

Although Boston barely had double digit shots, they always looked dangerous. This was a function of poor goaltending, then 5 snipers in black 'n' yella. It's going to fcuk us again, Captain.

So your thinking, "shitty game, but the infamous Philly Fans must have been worth the price of admission?". Nope. The dude to my left was doing his best Will Farrel in Old School, wanking on about what projects he's doing around the house. Three full periods of it.

The cnut to my right was too busy stuffing his face with Low Carb Nachos and then sprinting to the concession before swallowing the last bite. God Bless Super Sized America.

The best part of the game was Coatsey's Corner during the 2nd period intermission. They showed the Vandemeer(sp?)/Brown tilt on the big screen, while he described how he felt after he landed or took or took a punch. Classic. After which, Coatsey says that's the best fight he's seen in Flyer history. This leads to a guest appearance from Schultzie and B. Kelly (no relation to the R)

Vandemeer asks "who are these guys?"

Coatsey, "Dave Schultz & Bob Kelly, the much feared 1, 2 punch (no pun intended) of the Broad St. Bullies"

Vandemeer, "with guts like that"

I guess you had to be there. 2 points, anyways.

Off to Eagles' tailgating. Surely that will be more inpired?:confused:

Go Saints.

Buckfast

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky!

Well Bucky are the Philly cheesesteaks atleast what they are cracked up to be? I would think the atmsophere would be nothing like it was in the old spectrum.

ParkheadstillwishestheBruinshadstuffedthephillies

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully you got on the Philly 'double' , Bucky. I was a little off the Philly/NO prediction as I predicted an 11 point victory and it was a 13 point job. Not bad....Go Flyers....

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbeaten in 11 and counting.....

Johnsson and Pitkanen Lead Flyers to 4-2 Win

Philadelphia remains unbeaten at home

View Box Score
Regular Season Series
vs. Carolina

10/25 Tied Game 4-4
11/18 Tied Game 2-2

Philadelphia, PA – Kim Johnsson had three assists and the Flyers scored two power play goals, as they increased their unbeaten streak to 11 with a 4-2 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes at the Wachovia Center.

Joni Pitkanen scored the game-winning goal in the second period, with the Flyers nursing a one-goal lead. Pitkanen’s one-timer on the power play at 11:27 from the high slot on a feed from Johnsson gave the Flyers a 3-1 lead.

Pitkanen also made a great play on the Flyers’ first goal of the game, again on the power play. Although he did not get an assist on the goal, his brilliant pass to Mark Recchi led to the tally by Jeremy Roenick.

The Flyers are now 9-0-2 in their last 11 game
Roenick watches his deflection sail into the net
s.

“It’s very nice, there’s no question,” said Roenick. “We played a very strong game tonight for 40 minutes, and then fatigue set in a little bit. It’s really nice to win in this building. The power play has been tremendous.”

Carolina put heavy pressure on the Flyers in the third period, outshooting them 17-6 in the final 20 minutes. Philadelphia led 3-1 after the second intermission, but a goal by Jesse Boulerice at 9:06 cut the lead to one. Robert Esche made several fine saves before Tony Amonte’s empty netter put the game away, including a save on Ryan Bayda from the side of the net, and then moments later on Bayda’s rebound attempt.

“I thought the first 40 [minutes] were terrific, and about as well as we could play,” said Ken Hitch****. “We sat back a little bit in the third and allowed them to come at us, but it was a good hockey game. Both teams were really after each other in a physical way.”

Esche is now unbeaten in his last eight starts (7-0-1).

“It’s overshadowed by a lot of other great streaks right now,” said Esche of the team’s unbeaten string. “[Hitch****] has got us believing that it’s a process. We don’t look at the end result of the streak, we just want to play well.”

Philadelphia remains without a loss at home on the season (10-0-2), including nine straight wins. The Flyers also have a nine game undefeated streak at home against the Hurricanes (7-0-2).

The Flyers got on the board first on Roenick’s ninth goal of the season. Pitkanen began the play with a great pass off of the boards down low to Recchi, after drawing two defenders towards him. Recchi found a wide-open Johnsson on the other side of the ice in the faceoff circle, and Roenick deflected Johnsson’s shot over Kevin Weekes at 12:30.

The Hurricanes were held without a shot for most of the first period, but Esche kept it a scoreless game with a save on rookie Eric Staal on the power play with about two minutes remaining.

Claude Lapointe made it a 2-0 game with his second goal of the season at 5:31 of the second period, when outmuscled Carolina defenseman Niclas Wallin to slide in the rebound of a Johnsson shot.

The Flyers will attempt to have their first unbeaten month with over five games since December 1996, when they face the New York Islanders tomorrow night at Nassau Coliseum.

FLYERS NOTES
The Flyers are tied with Vancouver for the overall points lead in the NHL. Vancouver has played three more games than Philadelphia. … Todd Fedoruk and Jim Vandermeer were not in the lineup, and were scheduled to play for the Phantoms at 7:00 p.m. in their game against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at the Wachovia Center.

I sense a tough one coming tomorrow in Long Island. Back-to-back games are never easy, especially when you play one at home and then travel for the next one......

J.R. watches another puck twinkle the twine while a hapless Weekes swats at the puck.....:)

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Flyers are a good team, but like St Louis I hate the American fowards they have onboard (Roenick, Leclair, Amonte) (Tkachuk, Weight)..

These guys maybe with the exception of Leclair high stick like no others..ie. Weight on sedin..Tkachuk on whoever a few weeks ago...Fcuk I hate those Yankees.

Captain, why are you such a Flyers fan?

No2

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, why are you such a Flyers fan?

When I moved to Canada, they happened to be the team that I really liked at that time. The Broad Street Bullies. Enough said. I don't like Bobby Clarke as a GM and I hated what they gave up for Lindros. Go Flyers.

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More than just one.....

It was Forsberg, Steve Duschene, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Kerry Huffman, a 1st round pick in 1993(Jocelyn Thibault) and another draft pick(Nolan Baumgartner ended up being the pick. There was also cash. WAY TOO MUCH to give up......

For the record, the Flyers stuffed the NY Islanders 5 - 1 to stretch their undefeated record to 12 games. Go Flyers.

Captain

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sens 4 - 1 Flyers

I guess it had to end sometime eh Captain. Good win for Ottawa, hopefully they can turn it around form here.

NO2:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, NO2, it had to end some time. Kind of like the Loma's streak. Our streak is at 3. It could be worse(say 7?)...

Yes, the Flyers dropped a 4 - 1 decision to Ottawa, who appears to be turning things around. I caught the highlights and the game was very close, 1-0, until the third. The Ottawa keeper stood on his head when it was this score, making no less than FOUR tremendous saves. Ottawa scored a couple of late goals to wrap it up.

However, we bounced back with a pounding of Pittsburgh(5-2) and a solid comeback against Phoenix yesterday(3-2). So, the Flyers are currently the number one team in the NHL......

Team GP Pts
1. * Philadelphia 25 38
2. * Toronto 27 35
3. * Atlanta 28 30
4. New Jersey 24 32
5. Boston 25 32
6. Ottawa 25 29
7. Buffalo 27 27
8. Tampa Bay 22 27
9. NY Rangers 26 27
10. Montreal 26 26
11. Carolina 26 23
12. Florida 27 22
13. NY Islanders 24 20
14. Washington 26 18
15. Pittsburgh 24 17
* = Division Leader

Western Conference
Team GP Pts
1. * Detroit 27 33
2. * Vancouver 26 33
3. * Los Angeles 25 28
4. Colorado 25 32
5. St. Louis 23 31
6. Nashville 25 29
7. Calgary 24 28
8. San Jose 26 27
9. Dallas 26 25
10. Phoenix 26 25
11. Anaheim 27 25
12. Edmonton 25 23
13. Minnesota 26 22
14. Columbus 25 20
15. Chicago 26 19
* = Division Leader

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trouble A'Brewin In Philly....

Lapointe enters program due to depression
By EDWARD MORAN
morane@phillynews.com

During the last several weeks, the Flyers quietly have been dealing with the fact that center Claude Lapointe has been suffering from depression and has missed time with the team as a result.

Yesterday, after Lapointe had failed to show up for practice on Tuesday and Wednesday, the NHL and the players union issued a statement confirming that Lapointe has entered voluntary in-patient treatment as part of the league and union's Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program.

Lapointe, 35, has played in 19 games, and has two goals and four points. It is not known what is causing his depression, or how long he will be in treatment. According to team sources, La-pointe has been taking prescribed anti-depression medication and has missed time with the team, including games on Nov. 6 and 8, because of his situation.

His play and physical condition have suffered as a result of the problem. He was a healthy scratch for a game on Nov. 26 and was placed on a conditioning assignment with Flyers strength and conditioning coach Jim McCrossin.

He played the next three games and scored a goal against Carolina on Nov. 28, but after the Flyers lost in Ottawa Monday, he was taken out of the lineup and indefinitely placed on a conditioning program.

Lapointe practiced and worked out Monday, but did not the next 2 days.

"He's been having some problems, so he's voluntarily decided to take care of them," general manager Bob Clarke said. "There is nothing we can say. Claude's getting the help that he needs. We obviously support anyone who goes for help.

"The way it was going, it wasn't good for Claude and it wasn't good for the team, either. His conditioning was deteriorating - you never knew who was going in or out of the lineup. This way, he's getting help and when he's done, he'll be back.''

While Lapointe's problem has been kept quiet in the locker room, when it became public yesterday, his teammates were quick to support him.

"Everybody in this locker room is on his side, trying to help him out,'' said Tony Amonte. "Hopefully he gets everything in order and is ready for the stretch run, because he's the guy we need in the lineup.''

"It's important for Claude to know that we do support him, that you're a member of our group, a member of our family," said Keith Primeau. "You know, it's been tough for the guys in the room, not severe as what Claude's been going through, but we feel for him.

"Obviously, it's been a real trying time. There was some emotional turmoil. I think this is the real first step for him getting well, and because of that we're pleased.

"Claude, when he's healthy and he feels good and he's in the lineup, he can be a real positive, and contribute to our hockey club.''

Primeau pointed out that in Lapointe's absence, a young player such as Eric Chouinard might get more of an opportunity to play.

"With him taking care of these issues, the younger guys can just come to the rink and be prepared to play," he said.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flyers "Psyched Out" by Elite Eastern Teams

Coach: Flyers psyched out by Senators, Devils
By Tim Panaccio
Inquirer Staff Writer

The coach says his Flyers have "psychological issues" with teams like the Ottawa Senators.

The players claim it's not in their heads, but they admit that some teams, such as the Senators and the New Jersey Devils, have their number.

Here's the reality: Since the 1999-2000 season, when the Senators began a dramatic shift to a team that gave certain teams trouble consistently, the Flyers are 2-8-4 - including playoff games - at Ottawa's Corel Centre.

Over that same period, the teams have met 28 times, including playoffs. In 22 of those games, the Flyers scored two or fewer goals. In today's NHL, if you average two or fewer goals, you're going to lose.

The bottom line is that the Flyers still can't beat Ottawa. And unless they find a way soon - or get lucky and don't meet them in the playoffs - they are never going to become a true No. 1 team in the Eastern Conference. Topple Ottawa first, then deal with New Jersey.

That was the essence of coach Ken Hitch****'s message after Monday's embarrassing 4-1 defeat that ended the Flyers' unbeaten streak at 12 games.

It's not surprising that the streak was snapped by a team that owns the Flyers. Their previous loss was to New Jersey - another team that pretty much owns them.

Hitch**** is right in suggesting that unless the players' frame of mind against these two clubs changes, the Flyers will never eclipse either of them in the postseason. Specifically, he needs better performances from his veterans.

It begins with team captain Keith Primeau, the leader in the dressing room, and Jeremy Roenick, the leader on the ice. From there it goes to John LeClair, Mark Recchi and Tony Amonte.

If the Flyers are going to hit that next level, this group of forwards has to be better when it counts the most.

The question now is what the Flyers will do with Hitch****'s message: "If we want to be a championship team, the psychological issues can't be hidden... . They are real and they are preventing people from performing their best."

They can etch those stinging words in their minds, or they can dismiss them. To do the latter would be foolhardy, because virtually no one in the NHL at this point believes the Flyers can beat the Senators in a playoff series.

"I don't put any credence in mental roadblocks, but if you go by the numbers, you find validity in what statistics tell you or what records show about past performance in certain buildings," Primeau said. "Maybe something is there.

"We know as a group, for our hockey club, who the measuring sticks are. And the measuring sticks are the New Jersey Devils and Ottawa Senators. Any time our players see them, that is something we have to overcome."

Goalie Robert Esche hasn't been around for much of the Flyers' woes against Ottawa. Last year was his first experience with the "Ottawa Syndrome." But he's got the right attitude.

"My job is to stop the puck," Esche said.

If people think the problem is psychological, he added, "then that is their prerogative. Last year they beat us in the playoffs, but I felt they were a better club from the net out than us.

"As far as a mental block - me, personally - I don't see it. But I know there have been some past experiences for numerous guys on the team."

He's right. The veterans from the Ottawa and Jersey wars have to recognize that this is an issue and deal with it. The Flyers won't take that next step to be a true Stanley Cup contender unless they elevate their game against the Senators and Devils.

Yesterday, Hitch**** chose his words carefully and vowed that the coaching staff would handle the issue privately.

"At the end of the day, your best players have to make a difference," Hitch**** said. "And that is a learned skill."

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Late!!

Captain I am a little late getting back to you on the double or nothing. I didn't know they were playing eachother today.

It is 1-0 Boston at the end of one. I will still take the bet if you want? I would have taken from the start had I known but I will leave the decision up to you. Double or nothing or I will just give the case of Pilsner I owe you.;)

Your Call!!

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just go back, Bigyun, and I just noticed the score is 1 - 1. HOWEVER, Boston has a 2 man advantage for almost one minute to start the 3rd period......., so this bet should probably be considered MOOT. IF Boston doesn't score in the 2 man advantage, then the bet is on. Does that sound fair?

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Captain gets the win......

Boston 1 Philadelphia 1

I believe I would win since I gave you the tie last time in Philly, so it should be the same here? :p

Go Flyers.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0