Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Mighty Flyers 2003/2004

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, 3 wins in their last 18 games.....ouch.

Flyer's need to do something quick. Alot of talk had either Sean Burke or Khabibulin being dealt to the flyers. They got alot of talent up front and getting rid one one of those overpaid bums wouldnt be so bad if they could get a top guy between the pipes. Hitch**** is losing his job quick. Bobby Clarke will use him as the fall guy like he has done so many times before.

Smile ;)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the Flyers do can Hitch, expect to see him become the new Habs coach.

Le premier etoile, Bub Gayneeee loves the fat man.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
If the Flyers do can Hitch, expect to see him become the new Habs coach.

Le premier etoile, Bub Gayneeee loves the fat man.

Yes, things are not going well in Flyers' land. Roenick and Amonte are making comments publically which are back-handed shots at the coach. These Yanks are fcuking problems. They always have been. I'm not doubting their skating ability and skill BUT they just do and say stupid things. Doug Weight in St. Louis throws cheap shots every second game. They lack discipline. Having said that, Roenick had every right to be pissed off tonight after the game. On top of the fact that there are HUGE problems in the Philly camp, he took two blatant high sticks, neither of which brought a penalty to the Buffalo players. The Flyers have been outshooting their opponents in every loss, which can mean one of two things: shitty goaltending or diabolical finishing. Tonight they outshot Buffalo 37 - 21 and gave up SIX fcuking goals. They outshot Florida recently 49 - 19 and still fcuking lost in overtime. I said earlier in the year that they are capable of long winning streaks AND capable of long losing streaks. Unfortunately, they are going through a dreadful streak. I've heard the Khabibulin/Burke rumours. Personally, I hope the go for the Russian. He could get his career back on track and could only improve a shoc-king goaltending situation. Jeff Hacket and Esche obviously are not good enough. Fortunately, New Jersey is in a slump which is as bad as the Flyers and have not taken advantage of the Flyers woes.

Finally, I hope Hitchcokc does not get fired. I'm sick of Clarke the cnut using everyone else as a scapegoat. He should be fired himself for producing the cnuting goaltenders he does. Cnut.

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Didn't Brian Boucher just have five shutouts in a row? Probably would have helped the orange and black.

Seems logical, One Dart. However, he hadn't posted a shutout in 85 NHL games previous to that. The problem with Boucher in Philly was that he didn't fcuking play. He never got the opportunity. Now he has been given the opportunity and taken advantage of it. Personally, I can see them going to Burke again, once the hot streak ends. It is already starting to....

Khabibulin Burns

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can somebody tell me what Colin Campbell is smoking?

Roenick- for his spitting at the feet of an official, throwing a water bottle at him, then his world class moan at the media- got a one game suspension.

Yes, the missed calls were diobolical, but, if this doesn't stink of star players receiving favorable treatment when it comes to discipline, nothing does.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Flyers should have taken Cujo off of waivers one of the two times that the Wings were trying to get rid of him. Ya, ya he has an 8 mil contract, but he is a solid keeper, and is proven in the post season. Would have loved to see the Wings in trouble with both Hasek and Manny out with injuries, it might not have mattered the way they are scoring.

Capt., you said you were worried about using the word Mighty in your thread, after what happened to HOS last year, well looks like the Mighty curse has come back at ya.
Who will dare to call their team Mighty again.

HOS

Mighty Surrey has a nice ring to it.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could be going out on a limb here but I think Anaheim's NHL team are considering the use of the word mighty in their name.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That just proves Hos's theory.

I always knew he was smarter than the average garbage can.

Mighty GEU has a nice ring to it too, Hos.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
The Flyers should have taken Cujo off of waivers one of the two times that the Wings were trying to get rid of him. Ya, ya he has an 8 mil contract, but he is a solid keeper, and is proven in the post season. Would have loved to see the Wings in trouble with both Hasek and Manny out with injuries, it might not have mattered the way they are scoring.

Capt., you said you were worried about using the word Mighty in your thread, after what happened to HOS last year, well looks like the Mighty curse has come back at ya.
Who will dare to call their team Mighty again.

HOS

Mighty Surrey has a nice ring to it.

How many cups has Cujo won? I could be wrong but I don't think he has any? I'm not sure he has proven anything in the post season, HOS. Yes, the word Mighty should be just attached to Roenick's mouth. He certainly was lucky to get one game.....Perhaps the misses were so bad that the Players Association got involved somehow.....

Captain

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A good move by Clarke and the Flyers.

I'm not so much impressed that they snagged Sean Burke, but that they got so much in return for Comrie. Radivojevic (sp?) is a promising young player in his own right....not of the Comrie calibre, but a prospect regardless. He was in the Youngstars game at the All-Star break a year ago, I think.

Clarke also made a smart decision by pulling the trigger well before the trade deadline, in order to give the new guys more time to gel with his regular lineup. In the past (see: Oates, Adam) guys have been added too late to get a handle on the Philly style of play.

Despite what Clarke said, I don't think he's all that upset about having to lose Comrie. If this is the year for Philly, they can't be too upset about not losing one of the "core" guys. He was only there for 20-some-odd games.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree. Comrie was Trade Bait from the start for Philly. He is half the size of the other centers. Philly is big and strong up the middle, so a small fry center like Comrie was never going to fit in. This year, as every year since the 80's, Philly needed a goalie. I question the effectiveness of a little center in the East at the best of times, regardless of skill.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it appears that Clarke has made a good move. Burke is definitely better than the current netminders but a proven playoff performer? The jury is out on that one. Either way, the Flyers will go deeper into the playoffs than the Canucks and Habs because that is the way it is going to be. :knvb: A solid lump-ing of New Jersey today. Time for another undefeated run......

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another big move by Philly but by no means can Zhamnov replace Roenick if he doesn't come back this year. However if Philly is healthy going into the playoffs I think Mr. Clarke might have finally put the right team together for a run to the cup. But I still see the east as wide open compared to the west where Colorado is clearly the team to beat with Detroit right behind them.

Parkhead

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0