Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League (Second Half) 2002/2003.

Who will win the FVSL's Premier League?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • GN Sporting:eek:

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Langley United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey FC Pegasus:rolleyes:

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Monkey,

Question: considering a traditional wet shower may well compound the adhesiveness of the rubber in monkey hair, will you be using a high static industrial vacuum, or a high velocity air-knife wash down to get the pellets out of your mane? If I may, I suggest a "push-pull" method- combining the two technologies for maximum effectiveness. You may need to introduce ionization as well to neutralize the static charge. 900 cfm @ 55” w.g. on the air knife, and 200 cfm @ 200” w.g. on the vacuum aught to suffice. I suggest 5 vacuum pick-up points. Be discrete if you intend to, erm, misuse of the middle pick-up.:eek:

After all, it isn't easy to get those little rubber pellets out of monkey hair.

Hibee

Dec 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Multies or blades, wouldn't say that one is more forgiving than the other taking your injury into consideration.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE: Poco Turf

From what I have heard the field is pretty soft and apparently they went a little overboard with the, as dude would say, rubber pellets.

If it's anything like other turf fields you can wear whatever you want. I wear my multies and have no problems with traction. Of course I am very careful when I run the water bottles around to people.
:p

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: What if ......?

Originally posted by Fat Monkey

Let's see....

Aves' hair will grow back.

They're cloning babies now aren't they?
A flaming red mane can't be far behind

if these guys can do it :rolleyes:

pauvsgeu round 3
Of course someone will win and someone will lose, but did someone say there are showers on the other side of the shithouse wall?...only for the home team???:( :confused:
...there should be a law!

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
R fricken bombs

Originally posted by hubs
If poco barely beats a "shite" team like Langley what does that say about poco. I'd have to say on a positive note for poco they have just as many plump lads as Langley. Shows you size isn't everything.

What is says is that despite pocos less than average performance they can still beat most teams in this league.
As far as pocos size, you have been reading too many posts about what poco use too look like. We lost js, by , and dt, they combined outweighed most teams.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:ya what if ????

Originally posted by cainy
What will happen if PAU win the PAK and the Premier league? Then what.

Well Im glad that their coach and mentor is singing allready.
Personally I don't think they win either. Now that we have played everyone twice I rate them 3rd in the league.

Osame is putting up a six pack
to any player from the geu squad that scores the winner.If geu is going to win the league they must win today.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:I know I can , I know I can

Originally posted by Sage

Actually, we're gonna try to set up some sort of Live-feed to TTP, with updates every minute.......

I'm also thinking of setting up a "goaly-Cam" .....UOTE]

Is the cam too watch your teamates score or too watch yourself miss the net? again.

Sweeper

Jan 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Osame take it easy on the weight jokes, the canadian govt. is spending a lot of money in order to keep me trim. good luck to the boys tonight.....Pte. sweeper

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re:ya what if ????

Originally posted by Osame bin madden

Personally I don't think they win either. Now that we have played everyone twice I rate them 3rd in the league.

Osame is putting up a six pack
to any player from the geu squad that scores the winner.If geu is going to win the league they must win today.

Pssst....... Osama, if you look closely, you are 3rd in the league after 2 rounds :D . So who you "rate" means shite.

Gee, I guess you're using anything possible to motivate the GEU guys eh? Tell you what, after I score the winner tonight I'll split that 6 pack with ya........... meet me in the toilet (i mean changeroom :rolleyes: ) at Albion after the match ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Showers?

Aves,
If there are showers in our storage/changeroom then I must be blind because I have never seen them. We just picked the field because it has lights for Friday night games. There is no other facility around with a lit field and anything resembling a changeroom/outhouse/storageroom to go with it. If you want, put in a reccomendation to the municipality because they won't build what we want anywhere. We don't get consulted when they design these things.
My guess is the complex was designed for kids because they wear their uniforms to the game and don't need to change at the field.

Cainy,
What will you do when you win Pak and League titles? Well go to VMSL Div 1 I would presume. Isn't that the next level up?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:ya what if ????

Originally posted by cainy
What will happen if PAU win the PAK and the Premier league? Then what.

Originally posted by Osame bin madden

Osama,

Nice to see you back from the dead. I think your grasp of the english language is a bit limited though. Most people with an average intelligence reading Cainy's post would notice the key word "if". Now, if he had used the word "when"...then you might have an arguement for him singing, however, it would appear your point is moot :D. You're simply trying to re-invent his post to have it suit your current needs. Quite obviously you are desperate for GEU to do you lads a favour. The truth is, we are not taking anything for granted at this stage of the season, and until the final game has been played we will continue training hard and battling on the field as best we can.

Cheers.......and don't shite the bed tonight. ;)

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geu 1 PAU 0

Just got back from the game fcuk it was cold ! Geu played a hard fought match they deserved to win!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: What if ......?

Originally posted by girth

For the love of god I sure hope GEU comes out firing on all cylinders friday night cause I am speaking for everyone that's on this site not part of the PAU clan please shut your traps you're ruining what used to be a good thread.Everyone knows when you lose you don't post so come on GEU we're begging you show up friday we can't take it anymore.

Thank you there is a god. Threads open boys here we go let's here it oh ya YOU LOST. This could be a refreshing week.In all honesty though PAU didn't do anything to win,everything was kept outside and GEU had majority of the offensive chances including the odd goal mouth scramble.Holy crap it was cold.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, well, well

Haven't been on here in a while, time to get things moving again.

Just got back from the Peg - Poco game. Can't tell you the result cause there was none. I wasn't overly upset about what happened tonight, but the events that took place tonight seemed a little BUSH-LEAGUE to me.

First off, Peg gets there 6:45 for a 7:30 kickoff, only to find out that the field is double-booked and our game gets postponed until 8:30. Game doesn't even actually start until at least 8:45.

Game was well played by both teams. Poco scored about 10 min in on their 5th consecutive corner kick on a bullet. Peg bounced back later in the half on their own corner to tie it up 1-1 at half. About 20 min in to the second, Poco scores again off the left wing on a strike just inside the post.

Then with 20 min left in the game (19 min actually), the LIGHTS TURN OFF! They were set on an automatic timer to shut off on set of lights at 10:00pm. Couldn't turn them back on, game got cancelled.

Don't know what is going to happen, but i suspect we will have to make up the last 20 min on another day.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 3 Langley 2

GN came out on fire and scored two fast goals in the first 10-15 mins or so, both goals by Ravi Turre, and then could have had a couple more but Langley's goalie made some good saves. Langley scored in the second half, about 30 mins left or so and then kept pressuring but could not find the equalizer, but and then Ravi scored his third of the game with about 10 mins left, Langley got their second goal with about 5 mins left. Wasnt a pretty victory, but well take the three points. Onto Surrey F.C next friday.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: pau geu

Originally posted by friedbread
rumor has it pau shite the bed.......... 1 - 0 lose to golden ears. frigen wankers:(

shite the bed? No.

The better team won tonight. That's it.
I have to admit that PAU didn't play at all like they have in the past and didn't seem quite ready for the game as guys were showing up just before game time.

PAU really on had a couple of decent chances on net.

Big win for GEU, and the rest of the league.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by star #1
GN 3 Langley 2

You called that pretty accurately, GN was hot and shooting WELL with 4 or 5 great 25-35 yard sniping attempts and after 20 mins they were UNlucky to not be up by more. Langley Didnt get out of their own end until the 20 min mark. The 2nd GN goal was a garbage clearing attempt that went off a Langley Defender. By the half play had equalized (about the same time that the fog rolled in). Langley DOMINATED the last 20 Minutes solid but were unable to use the momentum to their advantage.The final GN goal came courtesy of a rebound off an EXCELLENT first save by the Langley Keeper. I also believe their were 3-4 yellows shown, one PAIR to a Langley D man that will cost him a game or two.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN Wins

Originally posted by star #1
GN 3 Langley 2

GN came out on fire and scored two fast goals in the first 10-15 mins or so, both goals by Ravi Turre, and then could have had a couple more but Langley's goalie made some good saves. Langley scored in the second half, about 30 mins left or so and then kept pressuring but could not find the equalizer, but and then Ravi scored his third of the game with about 10 mins left, Langley got their second goal with about 5 mins left. Wasnt a pretty victory, but well take the three points. Onto Surrey F.C next friday.

Hey starry good game. you guys played great in the first half but were on the defensive in the second. You forgot to mention that new keeper that came out and made some great saves. Who was that masked man ? ;) :D

Big T:cool:

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco vs SFC

House Arrest was right.

That was bush league. SFC showed a lot of class by sticking around for another hour when the field seemed to be doubled booked. The City of Poco has shite on us all year long and next year we're moving the team to Pitt Meadows. The vote was unaminous in the change room tonight. Who the hell knows what will happen with this result but it was bush league and we must apologize to the SFC lads who travelled all the way here to Poco on a cold, foggy night.

Pleased to hear about the GEU result, PAU guys have been yapping all week long and things are definitely tightening up now. GEU is a better side than PAU and probably deserved the win.

JTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0