Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League (Second Half) 2002/2003.

Who will win the FVSL's Premier League?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • GN Sporting:eek:

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Langley United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey FC Pegasus:rolleyes:

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A new poll and a new thread. All the new banter for the FVSL Premier league can take place here, and I don't want to hear any crying about it. Plonkers.:mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chicken shite

Ranger,
Way to stick to your guns and vote for your club even though they are in last place. Underdog city!

You know that you really want to vote for GEU.
:D

But I understand, you need to keep up the facade.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This sunday at 3 i decided to watch the simpsons, during the intro as "the simpsons" flashed over the cloud filled cartoon sky I saw a soccer ball fly by and took out the second s. I now hear that this is in total sinc of a therob shot that took place at 3 at hammond old.. coincidence ...i don't think so......from what i understand it was quite the sight...almost a breakaway....and then boom.....up in thesky.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
vote

I must say, I'm curious to see how the voting stats will turn out.......now that GEU won't be getting the "5 for 1" deal that Luc gave them last poll. :eek: :D

How are all those voices in your head these days Lucy?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
stuff

Hubs,

FYI: We (PAU) haven't won in 3 games now, and we're not real happy with it.....so you can quit with the whole" PAU doesn't talk unless they win" bit. It's getting a little overdone.

Anyone,

I'm curious to know what guys are using for boots on these new turf fields. Anyone who has played recently and is wiling to give some insight.....I would appreciate it. I've seen some guys with blades, some with turfs, and others with running shoes. Just curious.

skippissedhemighthavetobuynewshoesforGNgame

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip,

I've used blades and plain molded boots. Both were fine... runners? You've got to be kidding! :D

~Regs.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
runners

Regs,

Cheers for the input.

I know, I was surprised to witness a player from a Premier League team who shall remain nameless (Poco) wearing running shoes on a turf pitch! I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that's just wrong....on a practical level, as well as a fashion level. I mean, everyone knows it's 25% how you play, and 75% how you look while doing it. ;)

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barefoot

Skip barefoot is the answer,tell your boys on turf you get great traction and have an unbelievable touch with the bare foot.Just make sure cainy isn't wearing toe nail polish still from the night before.:eek:

Hibee

Dec 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprises

With half the season gone the biggest surprise has to be Poco sitting just a couple of points above 3rd bottom. Chilliwack are quietly creeping up on them, and nae mistake. Surprising considering they seem pretty solid, this must be their worst league position for a long time.

PAU on the other hand are looking good in achieving their goal of a top 4 finish.

Forever and Ever!

TheFenian

Jan 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hibee is bang on..
Our goals our to have fun, enjoy the company and finish in the top five for the Provincials.
Skip, the way we've been running at practice, me thinks wearing the NIke track spikes on the turf is a good idea. Or, borrowing one of Mrs. Skytrain's horseshoes will give you good traction.:D :D :D :D :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Surprises

Originally posted by Hibee
With half the season gone the biggest surprise has to be Poco sitting just a couple of points above 3rd bottom. Chilliwack are quietly creeping up on them, and nae mistake. Surprising considering they seem pretty solid, this must be their worst league position for a long time.

PAU on the other hand are looking good in achieving their goal of a top 4 finish.

Forever and Ever!

That is a pretty sad goal since most people thought that Langley, GN, and Chilliwach really wouldn't be tough teams this year. Which means you only have to beat 1 of the other remaining 5 teams to reach your goals.
:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn

You guys are so good at reeling us guys on dis side of da water in

So does that mean those aren't your goals?

Do you guys really want to win the league then?

Man I am so confused now. I don't know who to believe.

Boy don't I feel stupid now.
:(

How is it out there at Surrey United these days anyways?

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking for a team that has potential.

I am pissed off with Pau, the club stinks. We were dominated this weekend by Poco. In all honesty all the Pau boys were talkin about how it was in our favour. No way, Poco were unlucky not to capitalize on there chances, they stuck it to us. This is why I am leaving the club, i cant handle cheering for them. I am finally healthy from my back surgery and i am happy to say i will not be going back to Pau, though i havent played for 2years due to the injury.
I actually want to play for a team that has a future and i think GN is where to go. I am going to start practicing with them this week. i hope all goes well there, they got alot of young talent and i have seen they will be a team to beat in the future. I was told they are looking for experienced players to fill in a few gaps.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanee,

You can start by filling coach Matoo's gap. I hear it's freakin' huge! Star #1's is also available to be filled, but that is more than any one man can handle. You might need a whole team to do that.

As you were.:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turff...

Now the thought of playing on turf is starting to sound pretty good. With the rain comming down in buckets as it is, I'd be surprised if Bear Creek- or most fields for that matter- is even open for play this weekend.

There was a big trailer outside NAP last week. Ranger, any word as to if that trailer contained artificial turf?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not addressed to me but I'll answer anyways... Dude, I believe that's the turf as Roy was talking about it when I was there last week. 24/hour security on the stuff as well.

Too bad you can't do anything with it until you have some dry weather :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad news

It's just sitting there at the NAP parking lot? I hope that frail old guy with the golf cart isn't the "24 hour" security. shite- if I had anything sitting overnight in a Newton parking lot, I'd have Charlie's Angels watching over it.

Hummmm...sounds like an idea for a chick tourney thread.;)

Ahhhh...the irony is defening, isn't it? Can't get rain, can't get turf. Get lots of rain, turf shows up, but need dry weather to install...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0