Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The excellent site

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What type of improvements would you like to see on the excellent site?

Better graphics?
No Frames?
Faster Updates?
A navigational re-organization?
Better information?

For myself, all of the above, but I'd really like to see more info that is beneficial to players/teams. Case in point: the "links" section. Why there are only 2 I'll never know. And more importantly, why is there one to a site devoted to youth soccer exclusively? At least put up a link to Marty's site, a site that hosted VMSL stuff for eons...

~TB.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't hold your breath

I believe that for any change to be made on that site, there will have to be a concentrated effort by a very large group of members. For the major amatuer soccer organization to represent us with that travesty is tragic.

Look at other sporting associations/leagues in the lower mainland:
North Vancouver Minor Hockey Association
Vancouver Ultimate League
Vancouver Community Baseball
Vancouver Tennis Association
BC Soccer Referees Association
Youth Soccer BC

They may not all look like a million bucks, but there is at least a sense of continuity, professionalism, and presentation.

Furthermore, I agree with you, Regs, on the status of content. Only two links? Why, then, even bother? Perhaps listing the numerous websites of the competing teams might be a positive addition. The league should the be the most basic and fundament source of information.

Also, and I've brought this up before, the "Special Deals" section is utterly pathetic. The information provided on this Auto Referal Program is cryptic at best. Moreover, I'm highly sceptical at how up-to-date it is.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
They're nice and all but...

Keeper,

Those are some good examples as is I believe the PCSL site.

However, none of them have a flash intro that the VMSL does, a feature I overlooked when starting this thread.

I have to take it all back. The excellent site is just that. Excellent. I fully understand why they have turned down more than one volunteer offer to spruce it up.

Did I say they?

~TB.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Our earlier conversation

Regs, have you noticed since our conversation the other day, "they" updated the site: groups, 3 weeks of schedules, etc? I wonder what would happen if we started a petition.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
A new era?

Impressive that the excellent site has results from yesterday already posted. Not sure why though that the standings are not updated at the same time for all divisions...

~TB.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 CAT results and standings

The excellent site has posted the rusults and standings for Div 1 Cat.

By saturday they should have Div 1 A done and hopefully the rest of the first weeks action will be posted by Christmas.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The execellent site itself hasn't had a weekly report for 3 weeks now, why do the have this feature still on the site if they are not going to be using it.

As well the top goalscorers haven't been updated since the first week, it is good to see that the league is off to as bad as a start as we are.

cheers
JB

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 weeks and counting . . .

What's going on at the league office? Let's see some updates. Better yet, let's see the schedules updated for the entire year -- not just only 2 or 3 weeks ahead.

Keeperwhoappreciatesthattheleaguesiteretainspropergoaldifferences

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
weekly report...

After the Metro-Ford win last night, I have a feeling that the excellent site will have the Weekly Report up this week.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the fcuk?

Anyone know why the Sapp - Sporting score is in bold print? We didn't get whipped as bad as some teams this weekend.:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You Asked for It.

I guess you made that game stand out to the league when you asked the game be moved to another date.:confused:

To my perspective, it looks really good:)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB

WABBY:

They stressed the score as they simply couldn't believe it over on the other excellent site. The 6 (it was 3 when they told the league they needed the game cancelled this past weekend). It 's interesting what you hear when your picking up a card or paying a fine or two. You must know all about that. Doesn't Brian Big Fines Donald play for you guys. The league budgets for that guys fine money.
;)

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
regs

Sorry, didn't read the first post thought you wanted to know what you could do to improve the soccer thread. My mistake

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weekly report

Could someone please buy Will Azzi a thesaurus?

I think seemingly and brilliant have been used enough...

On another note, I think Peg has set some sort of record with being named team of the week again. Isn't that 3 straight now?

~TB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just read it...

Allegedly my ass! That Hleucka kid scored without a doubt! I saw it all the way:D

How can he be talking Golden Boot already hes only got 6:rolleyes: Christ Darby has 5! and so to that other guy from Surrey whats his name?;)

Brilliant write up!:rolleyes: Can you imagine how much press Peg will get when they actually beat someone?

makesknvbfeelilltoreadsuchrubbish!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thumbs up and down

Give the league credit for already updating this weekend's schedule on the excellent site...

Now if we could only get them to sort out the discipline page... it's way too confusing.

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
splendid piss-take

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: NIALL THOMPSON (of Pegasus FC) for his two splendid goals against Argentina Athletics in his first game of the season. Welcome back, Lyle!!
Is that Azzi actually taking the piss? I bet he misses Teroy as well :rolleyes:

~TB.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's still making mistakes though.....He said I came on as a sub but I actually played a full 90 mins. I had to point that out b\c I was suprised I could still last 90 mins!!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0