Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cinderella Story

Can someone save me a seat on the bandwagon, I'm hopping on board.

I think the Canucks can do some damage as long as they don't get Detroit the first round.

Has anyone heard about a bet made, at the beginning of the season, by a Bar owner with anyone and everyone that the Canucks wouldn't make the playoffs and that has cost him some big money?

No it wasn't RF.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
THANKS TO CALGARY THE CANUCKS CLINCH A PLAYOFF SPOT FOR THE SECOND CONSECUTIVE YEAR!!!!!!!

Let's just hope they make it past the first round this year, and continue their run, fight up to the Stanley Cup finals:D :D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nucks are on fire

The way they are playing,it's gonna be tough for any team to take 4 out of 7 off them.In their last 42 games since Jan,they've only dropped 8 games.The Wings are old and are prime for a beating!

So the Nucks will take it 5 seeing that my calculations state that they lose one in every 5 games.

And Hasek is a flake!!!!!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, can't say that I am thrilled that we drew the Wings in the first round but then again they are playing the shits. The thing that I have noticed in the recent highlights is how many goals Hasek has given up with him caught out of his net! So obviously the forcheck will be huge!

The other thing VCR has in going against Detroit is no one on that team can match up against Bertuzzi. Chelios won't have a chance and that isn't Lidstoms style. All the other Western Conference teams have a Blake, Foote,Pronger, Norstrom etc...to match up, but not them!

I think the bottom line will be if Cloutier can match Hasek........if after each game we can say that I think we have a better than even chance of advancing.........

Now if only we can get the games to start after 5:00 I will realllyyy happy:(

John

soccerplayer13

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
todd bertuzzi is going to be domanant first round against detroit! there is only one defenceman that is even close to the same size as bert. bertuzzi is 245 pounds and jiri fischer is 219 pounds and im sure scotty bowman will want to play lidstrom and chelios against our top line

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fischer

Isn't that the lad that took a beating by someone earlier in the year??? I know it wasn't against the Canucks, but if that is him his scnazz was smeared all over the shop... lets just say it was a good job Detroit wear Red Jersey's!!!:cool:
Bertuzzi will run the Wings blueliners raged, they may need to match a forward (possibly McCarthy) against him and even then Bert is still too big!!! Vancouver need to protect their own end and get to Hasek early in each game... we all know how much of a spaz he is when players go in his crease!!!:eek:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crawford on Cloutier, 25 vs. 26

Coach Mark "There is a big difference between a 25 year old goalie and a 26 year old goalie, who went through this year and the first round play-offs last year.

Coach, give me a break, Dan had a great year, but he is a 26 year old keeper in the NHL, who lacks a lot of experience.

I hope like the rest of Vancouver that Dan stands on his head vs. the Dead Wings, but he has to keep his head first, NO Snapsville.

He played two games in a heated but short play-off series last year, but that is very little experience compared to Hasik.

I like the match-up against Det., but Dan is the Wild Card for the success of the Nucks in the up coming series.

If he can stay cool and take the hits in front of the net, then stand on his head against the likes of HULL, Federov, Yzerman, Shanny, and Lidstrom, then we will have a chance at going to the next round.

Canucks in 7, over the Nearly Dead Wings.

We have to bang and crash like we did to the Avalanch last year.

HOSlovesthistimeofyear:D

GONUCKSGO

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brockton Point Cricket Ground.

There's a saying in cricket. If we're playing cricket and the Canucks are playing hockey, they've had a good season.

I got a few against Richmond that day I believe.:)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who can remeber where the were, when the Nucks beat the Leafs in the 94 Cup Run?

I was riding my ZX6 Ninja towards Robson street. It was a nice bike....wish I still had it.:(

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pacific Coleseum...

I was fortunate enough to have started working for the canucks that year and worked the finals. When we beat TO i was unloading Western Conference Champion T/S. It was a hell of an experience!

:D

ps how do u add quotes??

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who can remeber where the were, when the Nucks beat the Leafs in the 94 Cup Run?

Winnipeg, after convincing our partly insane landlady to turn the channel from Wheel of Fortune to let me and my roommate watch.

Living in this lady's basement was pure hell...:mad:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
vs Leafs 94'

In high school skipping class...;) actually watched game 3 on a wee hand held sony at my Grad dinner down at Canada Place... I must of had 10 lads standing behind me when speeches were going on!!!:p

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standing Room Only With Sarge

I used to work in the Parking Lot down at the PNE many years ago, and had some connections to get in the front door for hockey games.

What a Play-off Run, Sarge and I would go for a Bzzr and Buffalo Burger and then get into the games and use the standing room section to watch games.

After Adams scored the winner for the Nucks against TO, Sarge and I ran down the stairs toward the glass to celebrate.

While jumping up and down going crazy with the win, two Ushers started coming down the stairs toward us with the Western Confrence Trophy, Sarge and I both grabed for the cup and held onto it for as long as we could as the ushers walked by.

The trophy was then given to captain Trev Linden and the Lid of the Cup almost Linden before you start tonights game, Sarge and I want to Say Sorry for lossening the Lid on the Cup.

This time bring back a Cup with no Lid, Lord Stanley.

HOS:)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

You and the Canucks have always had an intimate relationship. Do you recall stripping in front of Peca:eek: at the Roxy after we won the Imperial Cup? He's looking at you shaking his head and laughing as the bouncers were approaching.

Yep, I remember it well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0