Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jimmy i have to disagree(sp)

i dont think pederson is our worse canuck i think its sopel.. hes a pylon. with guys like allen and berehowsky sopel should be scratched and not those 2..

what do u guys thing of r 2 new guys vesiljev(sp) and kurtz(sp)??? i think they r a good addition to the club

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First Pederson for the money he gets is our worst canuck. As for the 2 new guys they are good for now but when it comes to playoff time we are going to need guys with experience. I think the Canucks should have keep the core of the team like Naslund, Ohlund, Jovanoski, Cassells, Bertuzzi, Sedins, etc... Guys like pederson they could have used to get some other guys in trades. Canucks just have to learn when you don't win the cup there needs to be changes and when you win the cup then you should try to keep the same team.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i totally agree with u keep the core and trade the rest..
but if burke would have taken his head out of his ass in the summer u could have signed the experience that the team needed to succeed.. like turgeon, hull(even though i hate the bastard)housley etc.. they have no real leadership on the team. done het me wrong naslund great captain but he aint no messier!!

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref Beater

I agree with you except for one thing. I never like Messier in a Vancouver Uniform. In the time that he was with the canucks he stuck. He was not the player he was in New York. I think for the team the Canucks have Naslund is the perfect captain. He has now learned the ropes and knows what it takes to be the captain. He leads on the ice and off. I think that Messier is a great captain, but when he came to Vancouver he was average.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mr.c

i have to agree with u that messier was a waste of space but i think the only reason they brought him here was leadership 4 a young team. and naslund has soaked that all up and turning into a class player

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are mentioning names like Hull, Turgeon, Allison, and Alfredson, but fail to realize that none of them would come and play here even if we had the money. We got to work with what we got and Denis Pederson should think about doing us all a favor and jumping off the second narrows. Sopel= Dana Murzyn, and Strudwick is even worse.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pedersen is horiible

People are mentioning names like Sopel and Druken as package deals to get who,a bag of pucks.They spoke so highly of Sopel and Druken last year and now one cant get any time behind the likes of Berehowsky(shite),Strudwick(absolutely shite)and the other has been sent down to the minors.Druken has got way more upside than alot of the players they have but they still send him down all the time.Burke has to give his head a shake and get rid of that bum Pedersen.

Our city settles way too much for mediocrity,the team makes the playoff once in the last 6 years(i think)and now their supposed to be world beaters,and still gets sell-outs.:confused:

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i 2nd that statement

i couldnt have said it better myself!! 1 yhing that pisses me off about the canucks is bryan allan!!
he said he is there defenceman of the future then y isnt he fcuking playing:confused: :confused: :confused:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Beater

I feel obliged to answer that question about Allen.
First of all there is no denying his promising future. But his play in the first part of the season has been very inconsistent. He has made some huge hits, possibly the best pure hitter on the team , but he has been beat so many times some games he looks like a minor leaguer. He's got to realize to be good you have to be consitent. Hope he learns from him being sent down.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurtz...

I was at the game last night. I don't know how Kurtz 'looked' on the TV but from the stands most of the people around us seemed to think he had a good game. He certainly made an impact on the game. I'd play him way more than Struds/Sopel, who considering they're supposed to be 'stay at home defenceman', wonder around like lost little lambs at times.

If they do make trades, then surely Kariya should be part of a trade. Whenever he comes up he always seems to give 100% and do quite well considering the ice time he gets. Clearly, Canuck brass don't rate him. He just doesn't seem to fit in with Crawfords plans, but I'm sure he'd be a good fit somewhere. Why keep him if you're gonna continually bounce him back and forth. Go out and get someone who you rate rather than make do with someone you don't...

Beingenglishiknowalotabouthockey :p

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
predictions

k boys any predictions for the game tonight??

if they play they way they did against the predators i say 4-1 aves but the canucks always show up to play against the aves so i'll give it to them..

3-1 vancouver brashear(SP) with the game winner :D :D and cloutier stands on his head again

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Avs - Canucks

It is going to be a hard battle lots of hits and with some playoff intensity. It will end 3-3 tie.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Av's 4 Nucks 1

This game will be over before it starts.The Nucks will be to busy trying to get at Parker.There will be some good tilts as usual when these two teams meet:D

Burnaby Joe = Canuck killer:mad:

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5-2....Avs, I'm afraid.

...nucks general poor play, even weaker line up,plus Avs want revenge for the 4-0 pasting. Brown will take on Parker early doors. Parker wins only to get trounced by Brash in a 3rd period melee.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves will take the win late

The nucks will be fired up to start the game but look for the refs to kill any flow of the game with early penos. The nucks will get an early lead but will crumble when talent takes over from adrenaline(sp).

Aves 3 - Nucks 2 with Rob Blake getting the winner on late powerplay.

Does anyone else notice that Cloutier has trouble with the long distance blasts. Maybe Lazer Eye Surgery???

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fingers-crossed

Aves 3 - Nucks 2 with Rob Blake getting the winner on late powerplay.
Regs would like that very much, especially if it completed the hat-trick on the nite.

~TBhopingLeaniscorrectforpoolpurposes.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully there is some good fights. Who cares who wins as long as there are atleast 6-7 good fights. It is early in the season save the winning for later.I wanna see fights!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look what I found. I bet Holden is pretty happy about this.:rolleyes:

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Brian Burke announced today that centre Josh Holden has been acquired by the Canucks off waivers from the Carolina Hurricanes. Holden will be assigned to Vancouver’s minor league affiliate, the Manitoba Moose of the AHL.

Holden, 23, was acquired by Carolina from Vancouver in this season’s waiver draft on September 28, 2001. He played in eight games for Carolina before being placed on waivers.

Holden has played in 46 games for the Canucks recording 13 points (4-9-13) and 12 penalty minutes. He was Vancouver’s first choice, 12th overall, in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft

Not good enough for the Canes, eh Holiday?;)

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Josh Holden

TheRob

The Canes are stacked so I'm not suprised that he couldn't crack the line-up,but i am suprised at Burke picking him back up.The boys down in the minors come up for a few games play on the 4th line,do well,try hard and then get sent down.Gotta feel bad for these boys :confused:

Fcuken hate Burke(thin skinned bastard) :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0