Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Bald Macedonian Referee (Rubin?)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOTG. If anyone wants to talk about world standard then look at the EPL - best league in the world - hard tackles, yelling, screaming, gesturing - I NEVER see 3 reds and 12 yellows on a consistent basis.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've had this Ref for a couple games, and he's always been to the letter and tried to be very professional. I think that is what he tries to do every game. But coming from Europe here, the game and the style of play might be different from what he is accustomed to. I think the best solution is that each league create some sort of Ref Committee or "Quality Control" that "enlightens" Refs on how the game is played in each league.

For example, if Rockem Sockem soccer is the style of that league, tell the Ref that, and tell him to expect it and keep the cards in the pocket. It's a simple word from the Executives. I think problems with Refs in both leagues will start to decrease when the leagues actually get involved in how to teach and educate Refs how the game is played in each league or what is expected.

Otherwise, you are going to have a to-the-letter Ref like Rubin come along and give 7 reds in one game and get kicked out of every league he tries. And really it's not only him, there's been a couple refs that could be grouped with him as well.

It's not about kicking Ref's you don't like out, it's about re-educating or educating about the game in BC or having some sort of quality control. Otherwise they will continue to make the same mistakes again and again.

Just my two cents on the topic.

I think he would also want to change for himself and adapt to the local culture. His refusal shows his utter arrogance.

BTW
Canada is ranked 80th
Macedonia 79th

So his soccer is better - ghouse was correct

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opinion before you arbitrarily start a movement to blacklist and ban refs there should be a process in place before such decisions are made. The league should (if they already have not) at the very least investigate the situation. The league is at fault for taking so long....there have already been several repercussions to his abysmal officiating. Ask Columbus having to play without Poli and Deblasio. His issue is unnecessary cards for offenses that require nothing but a whistle. Give him an opportunity to change and adjust to our amateur league and let the league go through a process of evaluation and discussion. If he still continues his act of 12 yellows and 4 reds per game - I'll be the first to sign and create a "collage". In the meantime, I believe (dont quote me on this) Columbus and Akal will enjoy having him in the middle tomorrow night for their imperial cup match :). What's the over/under for yellows?......8?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give him an opportunity to change and adjust to our amateur league and let the league go through a process of evaluation and discussion.
Everyone brings up the 'amateur' level we play at as the culprit he must adjust to. Let me ask; if this was the EPL - the highest professional level in the world - would he last more than 2 weeks? Hell NO! He must adjust to soccer! Period. Can you imagine him in the WC final - Holland would have been down to 7 men by the 60th minute. And yes there were referees dishing out the cards in the WC, and what happened? Everyone complained about how harsh the decisions were and you did not see those referees again!

The bottom line - this refereeing behavior is not accepted at the highest levels, so why here?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp vs SU (Masters)

I thought Rubin was excellent this morning. I guess he read the thread; gave only 2 deserved yellows and then a 2nd yellow for swearing - maybe harsh - but debatable. I thought it was the same competition level as last week when he handed out about 9 cards including 2 sending offs.

I will be returning to full action in 2 weeks so hopefully his change will help me.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, didn't see what all the fuss was about, though when I was having a chat with him after the game, he did drop the "I was a professional player" line :confused:

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have googled his name with fifa, professional player, fifa referee, beside his name, absolutely nothing comes up. I doubt he can even prove he is a fifa ref. If he was, we all know for those of us that have had him as a ref and how "professional" (lmfao!) he is, you can absofukinglutely be positive he would be dawning the fifa ref uniform.

Seriously guys if he were that good what the fucuk is he doing reffing amateur soccer? Think about it!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't start this thread to absolutely rip the guy apart. I was trying to state that the league had to do something about his cards. If he continues to control his card count, he'd be one of the best refs we have, imo.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
I didn't start this thread to absolutely rip the guy apart. I was trying to state that the league had to do something about his cards. If he continues to control his card count, he'd be one of the best refs we have, imo.

Damage control WAB?? a bit late Brian.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have googled his name with fifa, professional player, fifa referee, beside his name, absolutely nothing comes up. I doubt he can even prove he is a fifa ref. If he was, we all know for those of us that have had him as a ref and how "professional" (lmfao!) he is, you can absofukinglutely be positive he would be dawning the fifa ref uniform.

Seriously guys if he were that good what the fucuk is he doing reffing amateur soccer? Think about it!

Obviously he isn't rocking his FIFA badge because he currently isn't on the FIFA list. You're supposed to wear the badge of your highest level that you are REGISTERED with. He too told me last year that he was a pro soccer player in macedonia until he hurt his knee, then he started refereeing, he's doing a good job, maybe he's a bit too technical but if that's the problem I'm sure the league can modify some of the LOTG. And ask officials in that league to apply those rules....

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am stating what he told me. He told me he is a fifa ref, thus my comment. Jimmy you should appeal to your Fraser Valley Executive to bring him back to the FVSL.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damage control WAB?? a bit late Brian.

A bit late is correct. We should have started this thread in October.
After this weekend's performance (his card count went way, way down) the only people unhappy would be the league and their bank account.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bit late is correct. We should have started this thread in October. After this weekend's performance (his card count went way, way down) the only people unhappy would be the league and their bank account.

Thanks to this thread maybe one "problem" is solved and maybe we will have a very good ref in VMSL from now on.

No one denied that guy a soccer knowledge but numerous people had issues with so many cards he was "flashing" every single game.

But, let's admit something here. How many times we have watched some games where we really wanted Rubin (or someone like him) to be there? There is a big difference between playing hard and being reckless and some guys in this league have a habit of taking advantage of "soft" referees.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another day at the office apparently three red cards and 7 yellows in the RFC/Van Olympics game. I can't believe the league is continuing to let this happen. Who will the victim or victims be next week?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know why he left Macedonia? Wasn't he a professional ref there? It seems odd that he would just pack up and come to Vancouver to ref in the FVSL/VMSL/High School Soccer?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0