Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Team Canada - 2006 Olympics

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The debate was weather McCabe should have been added at all, not if he'd make it. It was clear that he'd be pulled from the taxi squad well before we offered up the opinion on weather he should have been there in the first place. Some felt not, you felt yes, but again, skewed by Leaf colored goggles. Now that he's in, I hope he does well- for the team's sake. That said, I don't feel he was the best choice.

As for Phaneuf, clearly they are treating him and Sid with kid gloves. They are determined to leave these guys at home this year, and to let them grow into the role, and not pile it on like they did years back with Eric Lindros.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pronger has a cracked bone in his ankle and might miss the olympics to! Hey is Sopel Canadian? we might want him on the taxi squad!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there no radio coverage locally for this? I couldn't find the game on the way to work this morning.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
I couldn't find the game on the way to work this morning.

That's because the game is in Turin knobhead. Unless you drive to work over the Atlantic Ocean and through Europe you aren't gonna find shite.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is pretty stupid that we can't get any radio feed's

at least @ work VIA the Hockeycanada website
i got the play by play text

I'm surprised 1040 wouldn't be carrying a feed

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently the Suiss aren't flying their traditional white flag this Olympics!?!:rolleyes: 50 shots on goal and they couldn't stuff 1 past Gerber?!? WTF:mad: Hopefully this will waken some giants like Sweden did in '02...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What time do the Canadians play tomorrow against Fins??

Gametime - my money's on the Orca Bay mascot, too....:D

Why the fcuk has the CBC inflicted that butthead Bob Cole upon us again to broadcast Team Canada games? The guy's "style" is so lame he can even put my hyperactive niños to sleep...It's almost embarrassing to listen to him fumble through the names of players he doesn't recognize from the Leafs' roster.:rolleyes: Come on, colemanj, get this guy sorted...we know there's much better talent available at the MotherCorp.

Trece

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many times did Cole say today "penalty coming up to ___" and then play just carried on and he didn't blink an eye or correct himself? Too funny.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or when a Russian is skating to the puck in the Canadian corner and he says "And Canada has a chance to clear now, but they don't"

Worst CBC announcer ever.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
definately a sad result on the day. The team just didn't show up when it mattered. I'm thinking the media is going to have a field day exploiting the whole controvercy surrounding the games because of the result. too bad...honestly, the worst team canada I've seen. talent is there, but no chemistry or effort.

manager.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the Russians dominated with their speed and they even out hit the Canadians. Ovechkin was very deserving of the first star....he was flying out there. It's too bad Bertuzzi was in the box when they scored the first goal but he can also thank Pronger for the help on that one aswell as the second one. I think the Russians should be capable of winning the gold from here.

Hard Ballz

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't mean to be hard on them as is is Canada. But simply too slow for the Finns first and now the Russians.

Anybody catch Ron Mclean making excuses for them after the game. Something about it being too difficult to just shoot over from a NHL season and play a bunch of games in no time. Last I checked it is an NHL all star tourney and most teams have had to deal with the same hardship. Unless I heard wrong.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
First NaganO then TorinO .... their will be no Vancouver..O

Lack Luster performance from everybody ....
Pronger was most notable for all the stupid penalties
and plays he commited throughout ...THE Tourney

Bertuzzi proved what he's worth ....
Nonis if your reading "trade him now" if he turns into a Cam Neely so be it .. it was never meant to happen as a Canuck
Bert will need a "shrink" after what he's been through the last three years ...
No Shining things to talk about except that you could totally tell which teams wanted the Gold or the chance to go for Gold

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many times did Cole say today "penalty coming up to ___" and then play just carried on and he didn't blink an eye or correct himself? Too funny.

*******How about how Cole goes
" Russia is now on their 6th PP and their PP has been dismal so ...Russia Scores to lead 1-0 "
what a Dumbass... Thanks alot Bob OLDE

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
With a minute or so left, Richards was alone in front, with the goalie down, and he PASSED the puck. I could not believe he didn't shoot it. The goalie then got lucky as it bounced right into his glove. No finish, no confidence, no finish - a vicious circle.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One....

I agree that Richards should have shot instead of passing on that play late in the game....just brutal. As for Bertuzzi, Don Cherry was also backing him a little by saying that he was the best player, ( which he was ), in the first game and then Steve Moore drop the 19.5 million on his head and Bert went downhill. Perhaps that's why his playing time went down and I don't he saw much power play time after the first game. I thought Thornton played better in the last game but Nash was invisible.

Hard Ballz

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
T-Idiot said:
First NaganO then TorinO .... their will be no Vancouver..O

Lack Luster performance from everybody ....
Pronger was most notable for all the stupid penalties
and plays he commited throughout ...THE Tourney

Bertuzzi proved what he's worth ....
Nonis if your reading "trade him now" if he turns into a Cam Neely so be it .. it was never meant to happen as a Canuck
Bert will need a "shrink" after what he's been through the last three years ...
No Shining things to talk about except that you could totally tell which teams wanted the Gold or the chance to go for Gold

i'm sure if nonis wants your wonderful insight he'll contact you.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last i heard of noonis, he was walking thru the bellagio hotel in vegas.... i'm sure he's working on a deal down there. :confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0