Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Team 1040 moves Rome

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard about this last night and can't say how much more listening time the Team will get from me now during the day.

Starting Monday, the Jim Rome show is being moved to the evening in a condensed 2 hour time slot.

The daily mid-morning 9-12 slot will be filled by Blake Price and Dave Tomlinson (joining in at 10AM).

Excellente!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard about this last night and can't say how much more listening time the Team will get from me now during the day.

Starting Monday, the Jim Rome show is being moved to the evening in a condensed 2 hour time slot.

The daily mid-morning 9-12 slot will be filled by Blake Price and Dave Tomlinson (joining in at 10AM).

Excellente!

I heard this to...thank god

I can only take so much Jim Rome and his US crap

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This will not last.

The vocal minority will prevail once Trade Deadline talk is gone.

Remember back when Rome and Dan Patrick were on one after the other? It left a huge hole of local flavour sports in the day, now that it will be ALL day i am not sure.

Rome is not for everyone, and his podcast costs money, therefore I think the TEAM will cower and put him back on.

I like Local sports talk a lot, but all day!? C'mon... How many times do you really want to hear Troy from White Rock call in? He calls every show once a day, that is

Morning with BMac and the Redheadded Stepchild
Canucks Lunch with Ball
Pratt & Taylor
DCMP and Price...

I guess Price moving will now create a permanent Matthew Sekeres show in the late evenings, which is no good because he is no better on air than he is at writing, which he is not good at at all. he fabricates "sources" and writes stories that appear to be newsworthy and factual based on circumstantial rumour mongering at best.

I am not a fan of this, regardless of how I feel about Rome.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't jerk with the karma...

This is a poor choice, IMO. Can you say ground hog day? Same shite over and over and over and over again. How much f'n Canucks coverage can any one person handle? Mix it up for fcuk sake...

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
At las the boys in the afternoon, pratt mostly, love to talk lions football.
whatever happened to the kurtenblog boys?, 1 and done or what?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like Rome. it's a good change, but not great. I do get sick of his interviews with highschool basketball or football coaches I have no idea who they are's. I was tuning injust to see if he could keep the "Rex" streak going. I don't like how Rome cuts down SAWWWWWKER. but must of the tiem it's good. just keep the Moj and Gallagher off the radio. ****ing knobends

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
moj talks with a mouth full of potato's, and tony is talking in his sleep.thats just the way they sound to me.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rome: no great loss. Ignorant, vexacious, stereotypically narrow-minded Fugly Merkin.

Dan Patrick is okay in small doses. Okay, very small doses. I think most of my antipathy comes from having to see his ugly mug doing a radio show on the tube.

Just wish there was a way to augment the Kurtenbloggers with similarly locally-flavoured content that would be saleable to the suits back east who control the purse strings. Anything as long as it's not just the same old recycled tripe being spewed by the same old recycled broadcasters. Radio TTP again, anyone?:D

Trece

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge Dan Patrick fan!

Kurtenbloggers are still on Sunday mornings, but I think they have an adjusted start time. I'm tired though of doing Sensei's dirty work, he can update when they are on if he cares.

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge Dan Patrick fan!

Dan Patrick still has a show which is on cnnsi.com (6am-9am). I'm a huge DP fan as well, his shows are always entertaining.

I used hate Rome, but then I listened to his show for 2 straight weeks and then I finally understood him and actually enjoy him, plus he likes hockey.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We (the Kurtenblog) are on Sunday mornings from 9:30 until Noon. Occasionally we'll bump our start time if there's an early NBA game (for example, last Sunday we did 8:30 to 11 to get in ahead of the Suns-Celtics) but for the most part, we're 9:30 to Noon.

That's 9:30 to Noon on the Team 1040. If you'd like to catch the Kurtenblog on radio, that would be the time to tune in. Sundays, from 9:30 to Noon. On the Team 1040.

I feel dirty.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
can't work, to busy listening to lastest trade talk on radio. nothing to build at my fab shop. so rome it is.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0