Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Teachers' Work-To-Rule

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teachers & $$$

You make a lot of good points.

One problem I have with our public sentiment is that, on average, your neighbor doesn't think you deserve to be paid more than he is...NO MATTER WHAT! I hate to compare, but that is the big difference between our way of thinking and the Americans. Generally, if someone does well in the US, or earns a raise, that person isn't chastised for their achievement. If you do well here (especially in BC) you are chastised for it.

What is the shame in saying, "I deserve to be paid far more than I am because of this, this, and this"? And conversely, why does Joe Public chastise teachers for standing up for themselves?

That has always been a huge pet peeve with me.

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude
Because joe public went to school so they know aaaall about everything in schools and those bludging(slacker) teachers.....:rolleyes:

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Teachers union exec compares principals, trustees to Nazis"

How can you even compare the two they are in two different ball parks what a rasicts bastard

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you kidding? Where did you read / hear that? I didn't catch it in the papers this morning (but I only read the Province and Post).

If that is true that is EXACTLY the kind of irresponsible union rhetoric I was referring to earlier.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even more ridiculous....

Apparently there was a letter sent to all the teachers who participated in the 'walkout'(I wasn't one of them) and asked if they would give their $50 strike pay back to 'help fight the cause'. What a bunch of fcuking cnuts and hypocrites......

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If there was, I'll try to get my girlfriend's copy and transcibe it for all to see. Stay tuned . . .

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was.....

I heard a couple of hypocrites talking about today in the staffroom. These were the teachers who claimed they couldn't go to a 'rally' that day because their driveways were frozen and icy. Fcukers.

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
letters and nazis

I got my letter, in spite of whatever ice was on my driveway. I will be putting my $50 bucks to a more valid cause: drinking beer.

About the nazi e-mail, the putz that wrote it was voted out as union president 2 or 3 years ago, wonder why...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0