Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Summer Transfers and Signings

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now with the Gerrard story settled. I understand the Reds are looking at Figo to add to thier line up. Also a rumor that Viera might be set to leave the Arse.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell? Willis 316? What gives? :D

Yes, congrats on Gerrard but Figo would not be a help at this stage of his career. They're European Champions after all........:D

When are hooking up for round two of the summer drinking spree? Tomorrow at Honda Park around 1, if the weather is good. We are playing at 11:00......

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes, it is me. I had thought I no longer could post on this so I have been spending my time on a This is Anfield site. Kind of sick of everone agreeing with me. Agrred on Figo but if he is for free that is a good deal.

PS- Have a BBQ tommorrow with some relatives from Engalnd. All is okay with the people they know over there.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
CS:

Last time I looked at Honda Park (yesterday morning), it was covered with little "keep off the grass signs..." :rolleyes:

stew :cool:

We use the back part, Stew, by the baseball diamonds. Thanks for letting us know. ;)

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Rumors

Chelsea are prepared to pay £83m to bring Brazilian midfielder Ronaldinho from Barcelona to Stamford Bridge.(Daily Telegraph)
Are you kidding me? Is there nothing Chelski won't do?

Arsenal will consider selling captain Patrick Vieira to Juventus - but only for £15m. (Independent) Looks like another Captain is in danger of leaving his team

Arsenal striker Arturo Lupoli has told an Italian newspaper that Vieira wants to join Juventus. (Guardian)

West Ham are set to sign Charlton's Jason Euell for £2m. (Independent)

Rio Ferdinand has told Manchester United he will not sign a new contract unless the club agrees to his £120,000 a week wage demands. (Daily Mail)

Real Madrid have told Michael Owen to leave the club if he cannot accept he will be on the bench. (Daily Mirror) I am sure all Reds are weeping over this one

Chelsea believe they will sign Man City's Shaun Wright-Phillips and Lyon's Michael Essien in the next three days. (Daily Mirror) *&^%$ing Chelski

Portsmouth are keen to bring Costa Rican striker Paulo Wanchope back to England from Malaga. (Daily Mirror)

Middlesbrough and Newcastle have both targetted £5m-rated Fulham winger Luis Boa Morte. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea midfielder Alexei Smertin is set to join Charlton on a season's loan. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal could face an FA enquiry after allegations of an illegal approach for Seville striker Julio Baptista. (Guardian)

Tottenham have put in a £12.5m bid for Baptista. (Sun)

Shaun Wright-Phillips will join Chelsea for £22m from Man City. (Times) Read above

Newcastle are considering a swoop for former Manchester United striker Diego Forlan, now at Villareal. (Sun)

Anthony Gardner's move to Charlton from Spurs is in doubt after he failed a medical. (Sun)

Aston Villa boss David O'Leary is ready to increase his offer for Manchester City defender Sylvain Distin from an initial £5.5m to £7m. (Sun)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see (now former) Ajax Captain Rafael van der Vaart has moved from Amsterdam to...not London, not Manchester, Barcelona, Milan or Turin but HAMBURG!

WTF? This 22 year old not very long ago was being touted (ahead of the likes of Robben, Van Persie etc) as the next great youngster out of the Netherlands. I know he has had a few injuries, but there has got to be something more to this: Dutch superstars do not normally go to the (not very well liked) Bundesliga.

I bet its got something to do with that supermodel bird he just married.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must admit I was shocked by that one as well, especially after all the interest Inter Milan had shown in him. Roy Maakay is the only other big name Dutch player playing in the Bundesliga that I can think of but Hamburg aren't exactly the glamour side that signed Kevin Keegan anymore.

Perhaps you could post a pic of VDV's supermodel missus for clarification.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here you go, the reason behind the move to Germany:

I like Cruyff's typical Dutch blunt quote: "What is Rafael van der Vaart doing in Hamburg?"'

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0