Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steve Tambellini leaves for Oilers GM position

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I guess the positive would be Gillis could now deal with the Oilers :D

This could be good for the Sundin sweepstakes - up the ante and offer Mats the now vacant assistant GM role.

:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No,

The New NHL CBA prohibits administrative and front office staff from being moved with compensation, I believe this is just a thing where the Oil front office would contact Gillis and other Nucks brass and ask to speak with Tambellini.

It wouldn't be good PR to not aloow Tamby the move considering all he is done for the Canucks Organization and his being pigeon holed behind Gillis.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can't say that Franchise...We all threw Nonis under the wagon before he had 'enough time' for his masterplan to work out.

Gillis should get a bit of time, his attempting to sign/signing of Sundin could be enough to buy him the next two years at least.

Tambellini has proved nothing except he can partenr with Gretzky to select National Teams with a decent amount of success (Salt Lake Olympics)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can't say that Franchise...We all threw Nonis under the wagon before he had 'enough time' for his masterplan to work out.

Gillis should get a bit of time, his attempting to sign/signing of Sundin could be enough to buy him the next two years at least.

Tambellini has proved nothing except he can partenr with Gretzky to select National Teams with a decent amount of success (Salt Lake Olympics)

I never threw Nonis under the bus, I liked him but sadly I also liked what Burke did here to.

I just can't believe they never gave him a chance in Vancouver. Tambellini has alot harder job to do in Edmonton to turn them around, I guess we will have to see in two-three years.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does He!? Really ?! :rolleyes:

They have a glut of good young talented players on the cheap at the moment, that are all NHL ready. They could be a playoff team (depending on what the Nucks and Avs do before October)

Lowe traded away a career third liner for a player who couldn't/didn't develop in Columbus in Brule. They signed Visnovski to a contract as well as having three good developing Young Dmen in grebeshkov, Gilbert and Smid.

They have loads of players NHL ready and have cap space to burn.
nhlnumbers.com » Team Overview

I would prefer that to the Canucks situation...Top of the line Goalie and deep defense, however NTC's plague the Canucks top 3 D men making them practically untouchable, they have no offensive depth (at the moment) and a glut of "potential" NHL'ers on the Farm (grabner, white in college, Schnieder etc...)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys Gillis is slowley sinking the ship. Depth is not on the farm team. Those are kids that can step up for few games onley. Onley one move is left if we want a better team. Luango could be traded, he would bring two top players and a farm kid. Youngster could go in. That would be sortof same as Montreal did. Lets face it Cup is not going to be here next year. Luango will go at the end of the year if team does not make the playoffs.

This guy has less balls than the guy they got rid of. Shame if Sundin does not come things will get worse. Tampa Bay needs a keeper. They have one or two guys that would fit the mold. Who is next? I bet you any money Smeal will go with Tamby.

Here we go.Hell is comming.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0