Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010

Who will finish #1 in The Rankings before the BCs?

• West Van FC (VMSL)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Sapperton Rovers (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Columbus FC (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch FC (FVSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Richmond United (VMSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • South Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other (from VMSL, FVSL, NSCL or VISL)

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think the team that wins it's respective league gets home field advantage in the BCs (but I could be wrong). For example, Surrey FC I believe won the FVSL last year, and had to travel to Ambleside in the first round in the BC tournament.

Sir M.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey did not win the FVSL last year - Delta United did. And yes the first place team in each league get their first game of the B.C.'s at home - I think that is new this year.

JTL

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK thanks, that must be another new thing that we were not advised of. I did not know that Delta and Surrey finished 1-2 last year in the FVSL, although I think we beat them both back to back in that tournament.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We finished 3rd last year...

Your point MBE? ;)

Don't make me bring up the previous year's game before that, at Ambleside, and the three years prior against VMSL teams.

Ooops...

:p

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If memory serves, we are up 2-1 against that now defunct team. But that is way long ago now..one of those two teams has had to fold/merge/try to change leaues etc it appears.

So who was second last year in that league? I thought you guys and Delta were top, no?

Sir M.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously? ;)

If memory serves me correctly my defunct team is up 2-1 on you poncy bright white sports car pink polo shirt wearing poofs.
Think.
And, think hard about the likes of Besty moaning about 2 Pks, etc.
Who loves ya Besty? ;)

But who's counting? :D

Mission FC - 2nd place 2008/2009 season

FVSLforever

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey did not win the FVSL last year - Delta United did. And yes the first place team in each league get their first game of the B.C.'s at home - I think that is new this year.

JTL

I haven't seen that in any previous minutes of Senior competitions meetings. But I have not seen the Feb 7th minutes. And go figure BCSA is closed for the Olympics:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For a league winner to have a first game at home would require a seeding system to be put into place which would be a first for this competition.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF, my friend, I could be totally wrong on this. But I think we (as a humble NSCL team back then) in 2004 I think it was beat SFF 1-0 at Grand Boulevard. A couple of years later we lost when that ;)bastard Rene awarded you two PKs at Kinsman. We beat you last year I know, but did you beat us the year before 1-0?

I cannot remember...:mad:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why yes MBE, we did the 1st time round at Ambleside.
How could you forget? :bronco:

That said, touche, deuce, 2-2, tied, as possibly you did beat the SFC Firefighters in 2004.
That was prior to the 1st of many mergers though - Before my time.
That was pre FireRangers. ;)

Also, I meant to say thanks for the offer in the FVSL thread for a friendly.
But I think I'll pass. :eek: :( :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks my friend, it is weird, but I pretty well have no recollection of the first Ambleside encounter. (Very Freudian I guess).

Anyway I am sorry we cannot renew that rivalry this year...or can we? I know some SFC guys went to SU, but it will be a real longshot for that team to qualify. Who is similar out of the FVSL?

Sir M.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We finished 3rd last year...

Your point MBE? ;)

Don't make me bring up the previous year's game before that, at Ambleside, and the three years prior against VMSL teams.

Ooops...

:p

don't go back further .... because you were slaughtered by the Firemen at Kinsemen :)

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously? ;)

And, think hard about the likes of Besty moaning about 2 Pks, etc.
Who loves ya Besty? ;)

FVSLforever

I moan cause I'm right!:p
I seem to remember Bailey taking me down in the first half on a partial break...no yellow.
Then late in the second he does the same on a clear break just at or inside the box...no red...no peno...I moan ...you win!

I was right though...:rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Atta boy Besty. ;)

Who is similar out of the FVSL?

Well no one obviously. :D
No one will ever live up to hype and gaping hole left after the demise of the Rangers.

I rate my buddies at NDU actually MBE if they have their full squad.
Obviously PoCo have more than proved themselves worthy of consideration by winning the league.
Delta of course in the mix again as well.
I've not seen too much of Mission this year and not sure if the two Peace Arch teams have lived up to their potential but they're there again too.
South Delta also has impressed me.

Look for the Langley Athletics in 2010/2011. :rolleyes: ;)

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look for the Langley Athletics in 2010/2011. :rolleyes: ;)[/QUOTE]

That's a fair distance away:)

RF...don't bring up those Newton Park days....you'll have Coach back on here all wound up:D

Sir M...our NDU squad has some SFC Rangers on the team sprinkled with some VFF guys and other lads from various teams...a good mix:D Trouble is getting games where we actually have the full squad...of course many other teams can say the same.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0