Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM,

The reputation of your fine, no, excellent rankings is in jeopardy due to rampant cheating being conducted in the FVSL.

As a member of one of the teams in this league of deception would say: Do the right thing and send a message to the FVSL executives.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know who Mr. Base is now, come on Regs, next thing you are going to tell us, that none of the refs have FIFA whistles, and that we actually only hear half the calls during the game.

The FVSL has been shafted in these ranking all year, yes, SirM has the Mighty Rangers very high, because he is on the X-Mas card list and he likes blue blazers.

But the fact that Delta, PAU White, and Aldergrove have been so low on this so called excellent list is a joke, there should be at least 4 FVSL teams in the top ten, and 7 in the top 20. Yes leave out those Cheating Langley boys, but stop with the discrimination of the rest of this great league.

hos

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So are you saying that GEU Thunder who has won 2, tied 5 and lost 2 should be in the top 20 in a league where your bottom 4 teams have been outscored 152-26:confused: In their games, they are 11-11 in goals for/against!

FVSL Standings

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, GEU has not helped themselves one bit with there record and goals for and against, plus, moneyman didn't bother to show up to the BBQ on Sunday, so they are out. But PAU Blue (they beat us 1-0) should be on, with Mission, so then only 6 from the FVSL in the Top 20, but GEU does battle hard, and is probably better than some of the NCSL teams in the rankings.
Tough luck on the 3 points lost for Langley, looks like the top 6 is allmost set for the second half of the season.

hos

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, everyone is entitled to an opinion!
but GEU does battle hard, and is probably better than some of the NCSL teams in the rankings.

There has been only 4 team's from the NSCL put in the ranking's and not all 4 were in at the same time. I'm actually surprised that an NSCL team even got ranked as high as 15 with all the talented team's from the FVSL!:rolleyes:
I'll give credit to FVSL's top three maybe even 4 teams after that go and beat it! Don't get me wrong, I'm not promoting all the talented teams in the NSCL either cause realistically the NSCL has probably only 3 or 4 teams itself. And at best they would be in the lower half of the VMSL premier masters!:eek:

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So are you saying that GEU Thunder who has won 2, tied 5 and lost 2 should be in the top 20 in a league where your bottom 4 teams have been outscored 152-26:confused: In their games, they are 11-11 in goals for/against!

FVSL Standings

Come on Freddy of course Geu should be in the top 20, who do you think paid for Sir M's trip to Vegas:D Geu is a VIP member we don't wait in lineups to get into the happening clubs or Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings :cool: Money buys Refs,players but it can't buy Barry Parno.:mad: Just the facts of life Freddy. It doesn't hurt to have pictures of Sir M in Vegas either.;)

$$$MAN

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, GEU has not helped themselves one bit with there record and goals for and against, plus, moneyman didn't bother to show up to the BBQ on Sunday, so they are out. But PAU Blue (they beat us 1-0) should be on, with Mission, so then only 6 from the FVSL in the Top 20, but GEU does battle hard, and is probably better than some of the NCSL teams in the rankings.
Tough luck on the 3 points lost for Langley, looks like the top 6 is allmost set for the second half of the season.

hos

My humblest apology Hos, I missed one you missed one. I would have loved to been there. I won't miss the next one.

cheers;

$$$MAN

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we don't crack the Top 10 you know where you can put your rankings .....
$$man - buy early tomorrow - Obama's landslide win will pump up the markets - just like RF at Christmas dinner.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, much like Dickens' attention span, I will keep this brief. Lets get right into this week's edition now of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009.

1. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). This team did not play this last weekend, but instead put on striped shirts, big fake moustaches, knee high socks and knickers, leftovers they say from some game against railroad people (a likely story) for Halloween. The fact that they did not change out of their costume until Monday is a bit unusual, staff report. But everyone has their personal preferences behind bedroom doors I suppose. Anyway, this side is still the going away top choice in these rankings. Home to Inter next.

2. Surrey FC Rangers (FVSL. Last week's rank: 2). SFC handled GEU easily, by a 4-0 tally, and so hold their spot. Up against PAU White next, in which should be a good match out there, at...wherever.

3 PCOV (VMSL. Last week's rank: 3). PCOV beat Inter 4-2. They are away to Westside next, and if they win that one, they could move back into the top two of these rankings.

4. Columbus (VMSL. Last week's rank: 7). Columbus, who had been a bit at sea in previous weeks, managed to right the ship this last week. Defeating Westside at Hillcrest is no easy task: so up three spots. Home to CAU Friday at BLSCW turf at 9PM, in a time and venue that, well...sucks.

5. West Van FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 5). No game this last week. Cracker Haloween party though. Away to SU at CAP next.

6. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 6 ). DMU beat up on lowly Abbotsford by a very FVSL-esque 6-0 score on the weekend, and hold their spot. Away to GEU next, in an interesting matchup, depending on one's particular preferences as to personal entertainment choices.

7. West Side (VMSL. Last week's rank: 4). This is harsh for Westside. But Sir M had trouble reconciling with staff Westside's recent loss at home. Sir M still stands by his prediction that Westside could finish top of these rankings. However, the loss to Columbus means they swap spots with the team named after a famous ocean travelling explorer.

8. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL. Last week's rank: 10). These guys are up two after their second win against a previously higher ranked side. RCIU next.

9. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 12) . Surrey Utd is back in the top ten after their win on the weekend against Richmond. Home to West Van next, a team that SU normally matches up well against.

10. PAU White (FVSL. Last week's rank: 9). PAU goes down one spot after no game last weekend. SFC next, in a FVSL MOTW.

11. Wickham (VMSL. Last week's rank: 11). Wickham, much like SCK's 90s hairstyle, remain the same. Defeated Alemania last week, and play the vaunted 22nd Avenue Lions this week.

12. Cliff Avenue (VMSL. Last week's rank: 8). Cliff drops after their loss to Surrey. Cliff, much like Dickens' moods, are tough to predict. Away to Columbus next, in a game which could end up being a tie.

13. Aldergrove (FVSL. Last week's rank: 16). Aldergrove is up again, after another FVSL thrashing of a bottom dweller. Home to PAU Rangers next, and staff are predicting a similar 8-0 scoreline in that one.

14. Mission Blues (FVSL. Last week's rank: 14). Mission did not play, due to a postponement. White Rock next.

15. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week's rank: 13). Inter drop again after their loss on the weekend. Away to Sapperton on the weekend, and that one, staff predict, will be rained out.

16. PAU Blue (FVSL. Last week's rank: 19). This team moves up three after their defeat of the always feisty Sikh side on the weekend. Big game against the Mighty All Blacks next.

17. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 20). Coveside impressed with their clinical finishing and disposal of Roma this last Sunday. Over and above Cside17's trip to Quattro, they made a very emphatic statement regarding who is who in the NSCL at this point in the season. Away to Seymour next.

18. RCIU (VMSL. Last week's rank: 17). This team continues to drop points after their loss to SU on the weekend. They hope to get things going in the right direction again this week over at Metro Ford, in a game that staff member JAGS states that he may attend, due to the fact he has had a bit of trouble sleeping of late.

19. Roma (NSCL. Last week's rank: 15 ). Roma lost 3-1 on the weekend, and in the process looked somewhat loose in the back. Maybe that was a one off, Sir M does not know. Home to Norvan next. Not that Sir M would know, but to win trophies in the NSCL, it does not matter how much a side beats the weak teams by, but whether or not the side routinely overcomes the better teams. Norvan next.

20. GEU Thunder (FVSL. Last week's rank: 20). This side drops again after losing to SFC. It does not get any easier for the Mighty Thunder, as they have drawn DMU this week.

So there you have it for this week. Good luck to all teams, and may the best teams win.

Sir M.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, not that I know that much myself, but I think this would be the same no matter what league you play in!

Not that Sir M would know, but to win trophies in the NSCL, it does not matter how much a side beats the weak teams by, but whether or not the side routinely overcomes the better teams. Norvan next.

As for Roma in all fairness they beat the top team from last year, Vikings the week before. They didn't deserve the win against Coveside, but in order to get routine, you need to at least start somewhere. Let's see what happens for Roma the rest of the way though!:eek:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
18. RCIU (VMSL. Last week's rank: 17). This team continues to drop points after their lost to SU on the weekend. They hope to get things going in the right direction again this week over at Metro Ford, in a game that staff member JAGS states that he may attend, due to the fact he has had a bit of trouble sleeping of late.

[Sir M.

Jags should try reading your posts, I'm usually sleeping after the first few words.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
11th, behind two teams with 2 wins each and a half a team that wasn't that good in the first place... it is a sad commentary on quality at the top.

Couple of key signings has made Wickham a much better club side this year, and another key signing this week is rumoured. Don't look over your shoulder Top 10...

In all fairness to Roma, two weeks ago Vikings only had 9 guys from the club available, they recruited 2 retired guys off the street just to make 11 and play a game.

And one more thing, don't listen to WAB, the best players Canada ever produced were born in the 40's and 50's.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags should try reading your posts, I'm usually sleeping after the first few words.
Let's be honest, you're not exactly a literary genius yourself Mr. 1234 :rolleyes:

Perhaps spend less time reading on TTP and more time coaching.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's be honest, you're not exactly a literary genius yourself Mr. 1234 :rolleyes:

Perhaps spend less time reading on TTP and more time coaching.

Spending time on here helps me with my low self esteem, having people like yourself take the time to tell me how to spend my time is touching.
Thanks.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Judging by your previous post above, it seems you enjoy telling your team how to spend their time on TTP.

That is a fcuking joke, full stop.

What are you going to do next, ban pints after a game? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts