Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2007-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a shite show. the field is small, in horrendous condition and frankly an embarrassment to our club and the league to have to play on it.

Do you prefer David Lam in the West End??

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach,

Classic avatar response. :D

Regs, didn't BRM get team manpris this year with the 3/4 length adidas puffy jackets? Really not a good look.;)

JAGS ............... just trying to do the right thing.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately, the 7AM time slot was booked by the Chinese League. I wish it was earlier so I could have the rest of my day free.
Well I've already gotten the "Oh good, now you can make the birthday party at Coco's" line.

I can't focus now :rolleyes:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately, the 7AM time slot was booked by the Chinese League. I wish it was earlier so I could have the rest of my day free.

9:00AM on Sunday morning? Most of our guy's laxatives don't work until 9:30AM.

Oh well Advil at 8:00AM with a cup of coffee and we are good to go (double meaning). :cool:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you prefer David Lam in the West End??

i can only assume that is some sort of rhetorcial question/dig. for the record...no they're both shite, although the eye candy at david lam is preferrable...and david lam is not in the west end.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallsy:

We had to follow Peter and your older old Westside boys on that small, in horrendous condition and an embarrassment to the club and league to have to play on field last Sunday. It seems to have finally dried out, although the Parks Board has made sure they've dumped enough sand on it that the grass will never grow properly there again.

The change rooms are closed as well - one of the little westside darlings (emphasis on the lower case w) tried to torch them, so you either water the trees or trek up to the porta-potties behind the caretaker's house.

Rather be at David Lam...

Trece

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece,

Smally was there, confounding the aptly-named Bombastics and getting his shins reshaped in turn.

For the record, Quilchena's been very, very good to Westside over the years. Not many points dropped there, much like McBride in days of yore...from a nature perspective, I prefer the scenery over David Lam. Quilchena's built on an old salmon spawning stream and the water still likes to meander through there.

As you were, Peter

Nice win there by the way...did you bag any?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league has ruled that Sunday's game between Sapp & BRM is to be considered a league game and thus, the CAT system is in play and underage players are eligible to play.

:rolleyes:

Advantage: Sapp.

Significant advantage.

Can't wait for Coco's.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget Regs.. I think you guys still owe them points....

Might make this game if there is a shuttle straight from the Roxy.

good luck.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

I stand corrected. Which, by the way, is much better than me standing between the pipes, which is where I was stuck on Sunday. I didn't realize that you'd left that early (then again, I missed noticing Smallsy, too which is no mean feat, or feet). Noted also that once again, the single malt stayed hidden away in my presence - I'm going to develop a complex if this keeps up...

Alas, nothing bagged for me; just stopping the initial chance on the weirdest penno I've seen in years. Forward #1 steps up to take the shot; barely taps the ball to convince it to roll beyond its circumference, whence forward #2 rushes in and fires it point blank at me. As all good curmudgeons are wont to do, my colleagues all stood around in abject befuddlement whilst forward #3 ran on to the rebound and fired it over my left shoulder, again from point blank range.

Cue weak protests through the befuddlement from my gang of heroes, with the man in the middle (clearly at a loss himself) finally deciding to point toward centre. Needless to say, the halftime motivational speech from Coach Trece revolved around the intelligence level of said troops and their ability to deal with a game-long offside trap, and some suggestions about their collective ancestries. Let's just say the 2nd half was a lot more convincing.

BTW, Dave Monagoon has never been able to score on me. Not even in practice, back in the Bad Old Days. He's offside too often....:D

Sir M, once again, well played. Most Excellent, you could say...

Trece

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i can only assume that is some sort of rhetorcial question/dig. for the record...no they're both shite, although the eye candy at david lam is preferrable...and david lam is not in the west end.

Eye candy very much so. Various types you could say. When you live in burnaby all of downtown is the west end btw. Rhetorical? You figure it out.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. Things have livened up here at the rankings all of a sudden. Manpri's, calamari underarms, Sesame Street movies, Butch Goring helmets, gentrification (OK but enough about Felix's all male holiday cruise), Spike Lee, and RF talking about food. Excellent. But enough about that now, with two weeks to go to the BCs draw, here is this week's version of the all important:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

1. Westside F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 1. WAB rank: 1). Westside had a bit of a scare on the weekend: for a moment there they thought this week's game might be over in Yaletown. And the Jack Russell was in the kennel. Defeated Wickham on PKs (go figure) and secured a BCs spot and a place in the League Cup final. They play Columbus next which should be a cracker.

2. S.F.C. Rangers (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 2 WAB rank: 2). This side, plain and simple, (a bit like HOs' date on the weekend) got stuffed by a hot goaltender. They have won the FVSL, and are in the BCs. No game this weekend. Unless they can pick up a friendly against the Serbian White Eagles.

3. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 3. WAB rank: 3). Columbus did play against the SWEagles, (no this is not a reference to the big WV goaltender's Lava Life profile). The VMSL league leading point getters are back in action on the weekend in a VMSL bragging rights game: a chance to move up in these rankings. Have qualified for the BCs.

4. West Van F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 4. WAB rank: 4). This side does not train, everyone just goes on a cleanse. But one cannot cleanse the soul. No game scheduled this weekend, which is good because a lot of guys have midterms. Are in the BCs.

5. Cliff Ave. United (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 5. WAB rank: 9). This side was going to play, and then didn't play. Their manager had a variety of pints on Sunday, some with Sir M. No game this weekend coming up, are in the BCs.

6. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 8. WAB rank: 5). Although this side did not play on the weekend, SMEPR staff have been convinced by outlaw rankings head WAB's sophisticated and diplomatic style and have moved them up. This is the first step to a future NHL/WHA-like merger, staff predict. Sapp has a big one this weekend: for the second year in a row, they are in a playoff to get into the BCs. Staff note that the winner of that game last year (and it was not Sapp) went to the Provincial Cup Final.

7. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 7. WAB rank: 7). Did not play on the weekend, and have a playoff all or nothing game on Sunday against Sapp to see if they get into the BCs. MOTW.

8. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 6. WAB rank:5 ). SCK, my personal apologies, I lobbied hard to have Inter keep their spot, but staff member Sasha had a strong case. Inter is through, but did NOT have a good game against a Div 1 side on the weekend. Home to VFF next. In the BCs after a one year hiatus.

9. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 13. WAB rank: not ranked). This team makes a big move after defeating FVSL top dogs SFC on close to a dozen PKs on Friday. They do not have a game this coming weekend. That staff can discern anyway. Are in the BCs (Sir M thinks).

10. Peace Arch United (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 9. WAB rank: 10). This side made easy work of Sikh on the weekend, and are battling for the final FVSL BCs spot. No game this coming weekend.

11. Aldergrove United (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 11. WAB rank: not ranked). This team lost 2-0 on the weekend, a game which could have huge BCs ramifications. Are lucky to hold their spot. GEU next.

12. Mission Blues (FVSL. Last week's rank: 12. WAB rank: not ranked). These guys handled Aldergrove easily on the weekend. Can any FVSL staff advise if Les Bleus still have a shot at the BCs? Home to the All Blacks next.

13. Wickham FC (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 10. WAB rank: 8). A noble effort for this side on Sunday, but their season is over. No spot in the BCs again this year, and they will be competing in Div 1 next year. They have a 7 a side tournament coming up, staff report.

14. 22nd Avenue Lions (VMSL. Last week's rank: 16. WAB rank: not ranked). This side's Cinderalla story ended on Sunday morning: alas, the skintight red Kappa gear clad 5'7" 230 lb 39 year old right fullback with one eyebrow could not fit into the glass slipper. Seriously.

15. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 15. WAB rank: not ranked). Speaking of one eyebrow, this team had a better season this year, and although they are not in the BCs again this year, are hoping for a better season up in Premier in 2008/2009.

16. Vancouver Firefighters (VMSL. Last week's rank:18. WAB rank: not ranked). These guys have another game to play against Inter. They did not qualify for the BCs this year. Are back in Premier next year.

17. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 17. WAB rank: not ranked). This team did not play, some sort of glitch staff report. They win most of the forfeited games that they are involved in it appears. Away to Norvan next.

18. Langley All Blacks (FVSL. Last week's rank: not ranked. WAB rank: not ranked). The All Blacks are back into the rankings after their win over GEU on the weekend. Maybe a shot at the BCs?? Away to Mission next.

19. Vikings (NSCL. Last week's rank: 19. WAB rank: not ranked). They beat Norvan 4-2 on the weekend, and are probably in the BCs.

20. Richmond United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 20. WAB rank: not ranked). Stay in for another week. Have won Div. 1 VMSL Masters.

So that is it for now. And just remember, just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean you are not being followed.

Sir M.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can any FVSL staff advise if Les Bleus still have a shot at the BCs?

The All Blacks are back into the rankings after their win over GEU on the weekend. Maybe a shot at the BCs??

MBE:
I know it may pain you to do so, but there is a FVSL Masters Thread (Believe it or not, there actually is one) that you may wish to review to answer your questions here.
Do your best to struggle through the barn yard animal fetish commentary, as there is some underlying football chat to consider.
There has been some questions, and resolution I believe, to the way the FVSL BC berths are shaping up depending on how our rinky dink, non-competitive, Masters Challenge Cup eventualy pans out with the four teams left in it.
The fcuking bunch of cnuts that they all are.

Respectfully submitted, FVSL correspondent,
Chetyoubetchaforever

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB's True Power Rankings

A loss in the "WAC" confrence says tonnes in my books. Top teams in an inferior league just can't lose like that - 0 goals is unacceptable.

1. Westside - Ride Quilchena as far as you can boys.......beware of regulation size pitches
2. Columbus - lurking in the brush ready to maul their next victim
3. West Van
4. SFC - see above
5. Inter - the big mo is on their side
6. Sapperton
7. Surrey U
8. Wickham - should have won on the weekend vs Westside. Still a very good side
9. Cliff Ave
10. Delta Metro- Hawaii may have beaten Boise State, but still it's not enough to run with the big boys from the Pac 10 (Side B) and SEC (Side A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0