Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2007-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Danny and Besty were your best players. It seemed like we were struggling to keep up with you guys. I hate to say it, but defensively we have to be better and win those individual battles. Well deserved win for West Van.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK

Interesting you brought that up. I personally think this week that SU should have been ranked above Cliff, and to tell you the truth I have never seen them (Cliff) play. But they defeated your team, which is a much higher ranked side than Cracovia, and I was as a result overruled by staff in my vote for the #1 spot. And they have only tied one game this year (and SU has tied two). So that's the rationale. But it will, as my dear mother would say, all come out in the wash.

By the way, my dear mother (yes, I am also of the Catholic faith) also introduced me to the phrase "give me strength". And also to corporal punishment, and an ability to duck, now that I think of it.

I really have nothing to do with these rankings so we will have to let the whole calendar thing take care of itself I guess.

Regards.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just hope SCK starts to score better than he predicts game results .... we might be in tough this week as I will be away in Dallas ... perhaps I'll find Debbie .....

poggieandproud

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taxman,
find Debbie and fly her to the game on Sunday.The way you play, she can easily fill in at your position on the field, also stay down there until you can find at least a little talent.......... See you next season!!

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MBE:
Someone's a little chuffed after the weekend's results?
Well done to you, ma Partick Thistle brother Jags, and Dicken's Cider.
Speaking of, does Dickens play, or post for that matter, these days?

Well Ranger, that is all a matter of opinion... I have just been trying to stay out of the news and the tabloids in the early part of the season. I am now just recovering from the result on the weekend with Dundee after endulging in Multiple pies and pints of Bovril; or as the human chest calls it," A cup of hot mud confusion." I will re-group in time for the tilt against SCK at hastings Bowl. Dany Vaughn is already chomping at the bit to bet on the horses after the game.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALLblacks up to the number 20 spot???

....ranking points must be given for theft of swag??? excellent!
allBLACKS "The Pirates of the FVSL" I must say they do wear the tag well don't they??? well all except TLF who is a wee bit of a momma's boy I am told???:D straight from BB mouth after a 40th birthday party incident????:D:D nice!

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bigteets...

It wasn't me...well, at least I don't recall it being me...whatever it was...my only concern was how many appologies we had to hand out to the neighbours...:D:eek:

DeathOrGlory

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
:wa::wa::wa:
Patrick "Petal" "Moore" showin' off some moves in the neighbours kitchen.
:wa::wa::wa:

They sent over a messenger asking that he be removed.:cool:
We want him for the JollyRoger AllBlacks

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taxman,
find Debbie and fly her to the game on Sunday.The way you play, she can easily fill in at your position on the field, also stay down there until you can find at least a little talent.......... See you next season!!

sorry - tell me again how little money you make :)

godfather

Jan 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Danny and Besty were your best players. It seemed like we were struggling to keep up with you guys. I hate to say it, but defensively we have to be better and win those individual battles. Well deserved win for West Van.
Good point Hose,You guys looked to be struggling in the middle of the park especially in the second half.What the hell was Frank C. playing centre of the park and Fonseca out wide?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a bit of an update. Due to the Fraser Valley website being down, there will be a delay in this week's rankings being posted. And by the way Sir M finds it quite ironic that this particular league is named after Rangerforever' backside when his soccer shorts ride a bit low. And now that I think of it, this coincidence is not dissimilar to Lou Gehrig dying from Lou Gehrig's disease. (What are the odds of that happening?)

So Wednesday is probably realistic, staff report.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sir M.:
Don't move us up too much! We like the underdog role....See you Friday??
SCK

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza on the trot? Sir M, you send him a batch of your Chilli? Sir m you seem a little busy this week, Mrs Sir M was saying something about you spending a lot of time down town and having some late nights?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A big Hello from the Rankings staff who seem to have adopted the "Sir M is tied up, so we will go to strip bars, smoke cigarettes, play pool, poker and get shagged and not do our jobs" work ethic. All I can say if staff continues with this display, one word: Duck. Anyway my apologies for the very late entry this week, in any event, here we go with this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

1. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 2). This team hammered out a hard fought tie against Firefighters on the weekend, and staff report they were somewhat hard done by...but we are not going to talk about hairstyles here. Home to Metro Ford next.

2. Cliff Ave. United (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 1). Drop one spot after a tie against PCOV, in a game in which staff report that their excellent goaltender saved them. Staff note that, all of a sudden a few Anducci's fueled bulges are appearing under the orange and black (very flattering) kit. Home to Cracovia next.
3. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 4). Up one spot after squeezing out a 2-1 win on Sunday against Wickham. Their game this weekend is postponed it appears. Again.

4. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 9). Big jump after their injury time win over WVFC on Sunday. Staff predict they should do well this weekend against Wickham...IF...they get a similar turnout to last week.

5. S.F.C. Rangers (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 5). Postponed. And their game last week was put off until a later date. Big game against PAU next. MOTW for all leagues, worldwide actually.

6. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 8). Up another two spots after their emphatic defeat of FVSL darlings in too tight kit PAU on the weekend. They host Mission, who it is reported are on a mission, next.

7. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 14). This last week they tied the former #1 team, hence the jump. Big leg and forehead waxing celebration afterwards. Away to WV next, possible poker game to follow. The good news is there has been a recent SCP sighting.

8. West Van F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 3). Ouch. Down five spots after losing in injury time on Sunday. Home to PCOV this eve, which means walk of shame in the morning.

9. Peace Arch United (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 7). This side took advantage of an easy draw this weekend to get the Peace Train (Holy Roller) back on track. Huge game this coming weekend. Why must we go on hating? Why can't we live in peace?

10. Vancouver Firefighters (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 12). Back in the top ten for the big fellahs after their draw with SU on Sunday. Away out in Sapp on Sunday.

11. Westside F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 10). Defeated Metro Ford by a 2-1 score on the weekend. Their game is postponed this weekend coming up. This side, as we all have, has suffered a huge loss recently. Hang in there boys, everything happens for a reason in the greater scheme of things.

12. Nordic FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 17). In a controversial move, (much like Dickens' decision to go as a cookie to Steve's Hallowe'en party) staff have moved this side up a full five spots after their defeat of Norvan on Sunday. They play a team named after a cafe that provides an opportunity for everyone to go and smoke drugs. Word has it that a few of the Vikings had a bit of a get together there before last week's game.

13. Wickham FC (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 13). Wickham lost a close one this last weekend. Home this evening to Inter, should be a very good game. Anti Fan is predicting a record low empties return night for this one.

14. Aldergrove United (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 6). A pretty sound thrashing, actually of the like not seen since the then teenaged Aldergrove #11 got caught by his mother dating a sheep, was incurred by this side on the weekend. Host the Mighty All Blacks next, which should be a classic FVSL clash: lots of blood, drinking and fighting. And maybe a bit of sex, depending on who wins.

15. Coquitlam Metro Ford Wolves (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 15). Staff are struggling to find optimistic things to say about this team currently. But the fact that they only lost by a goal this last week is an improvement, hence, they hold their spot. Surrey United next.

16. Cracovia (VMSL. Last week's rank: not ranked). This team of Eastern Europeans are back on the radar of the SMEPRankings after their 3-0 dismissal of Sapperton last week. Away to Cliff Avenue next.

17. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 11). See immediately above, down six spots. Home to Firefighters next.

18. Langley All Blacks (FVSL. Last week's rank: 20). This side is up two spots after their win on the weekend. Away to Aldergrove next, a win could move them up. Or not.

19. Golden Ears Thunder (FVSL. Last week's rank: 19). These guys had a postponement on the weekend. They get back into action this coming weekend over in White Rock, in a game where staff report they are expected to get points.

20. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 18). Speaking of postponements, this side was postponed for the fourth time in the last eight weeks. Inquiring staff minds (this group does not include The Chest)are beginning to ask a few questions about this rather remarkable statistic.

So thats it for this week in the rankings. Have a good holiday weekend.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A big Hello from the Rankings staff who seem to have adopted the "Sir M is tied up, so we will go to strip bars, smoke cigarettes, play pool, poker and get shagged and not do our jobs" work ethic. All I can say if staff continues with this display, one word: duck. Anyway my apologies for the very late entry this week, but, in any event here we go with this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

1. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 2). This team hammered out a hard fought tie against Firefighters on the weekend, and staff report they were somewhat hard done by...but we are not going to talk about hairstyles here. Home to Metro Ford next.

2. Cliff Ave. United (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 1). Drop one spot after a tie against PCOV, in a game in which staff report that their excellent goaltender saved them. Staff note that, all of a sudden a few Anducci's fueled bulges are appearing under the orange and black (very flattering) kit. Home to Cracovia next.
3. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 4). Up one spot after squeezing out a 2-1 win on Sunday against Wickham. Their game this weekend is postponed it appears.

4. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 9). Big jump after their injury time win over WVFC on Sunday. Staff predict they should do well this weekend against Wickham...IF...they get a similar turnout to last week.

5. S.F.C. Rangers (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 5). Postponed. And their game last week was put off until a later date. Big game against PAU next. MOTW for all leagues, worldwide actually.

6. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 8). Up another two spots after their emphatic defeat of FVSL darlings in too tight kit PAU on the weekend. They host Mission, who it is reported are on a mission, next.

7. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 14). This last week they tied the former #1 team, hence the jump. Big leg and forehead waxing celebration afterwards. Away to WV next, possible poker game to follow. The good news is SCP finally had a 2007 post as a result.

8. West Van F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 3). Ouch. Down five spots after losing in injury time on Sunday. Home to PCOV this eve, which means walk of shame in the morning.

9. Peace Arch United (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 7). This side took advantage of an easy draw this weekend to get the Peace Train (Holy Roller) back on track. Huge game this coming weekend. Why must we go on hating? Why can't we live in peace?

10. Vancouver Firefighters (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 12). Back in the top ten for the big fellahs after their draw with SU on Sunday. Away out in Sapp on Sunday.

11. Westside F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 10). Defeated Metro Ford by a 2-1 score on the weekend. Their game is postponed this weekend coming up. This side, as we all have, has suffered a huge loss recently. Hang in there boys, everything happens for a reason in the greater scheme of things.

12. Nordic FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 17). In a controversial move, (much like Dickens' decision to go as a cookie to Steve's Hallowe'en party) staff have moved this side up a full five spots after their defeat of the Vikings on Sunday. They play a team named after a cafe that provides an opportunity for everyone to go and smoke drugs. Word has it that a few of the Vikings had a bit of a get together there before last week's game.

13. Wickham FC (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 13). Wickham lost a close one this last weekend. Home this evening to Inter, should be a very good game. Anti Fan is predicting a record low empties return night for this one.

14. Aldergrove United (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 6). A pretty sound thrashing, actually of the like not seen since the then teenaged Aldergrove #11 got caught by his mother dating a sheep, was incurred by this side on the weekend. Host the Mighty All Blacks next, which should be a classic FVSL clash: lots of blood, drinking and fighting. And maybe a bit of sex, depending on who wins.

15. Coquitlam Metro Ford Wolves (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 15). Staff are struggling to find optimistic things to say about this team currently. But the fact that they only lost by a goal this last week is an improvement, hence, they hold their spot. Surrey United next.

16. Cracovia (VMSL. Last week's rank: not ranked). This team of Eastern Europeans are back on the radar of the SMEPRankings after their 3-0 dismissal of Sapperton last week. Away to Cliff Avenue next.

17. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 11). See immediately above, down six spots. Home to Firefighters next.

18. Langley All Blacks (FVSL. Last week's rank: 20). This side is up two spots after their win on the weekend. Away to Aldergrove next, a win could move them up. Or not.

19. Golden Ears Thunder (FVSL. Last week's rank: 19). These guys had a postponement on the weekend. They get back into action this coming weekend over in White Rock, in a game where staff report they are expected to get points.

20. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 18). Speaking of postponements, this side was postponed for the fourth time in the last eight weeks. Inquiring staff minds (this group does not include The Chest)are beginning to ask a few questions about this rather remarkable statistic.

So thats it for this week in the rankings. Have a good holiday weekend.

Sir M, just to clarify, Nordic actually beat Norvan on Sunday 1-0 in the 98th minute, and were lucky to do so!

Freybe had there game vs Coveside postponed, as they were short players. I actually think they were scared off us:D

Carrry on, you are doing a great job. Except we shouldn't have to wait so long for the rankings:eek:. You are becoming like some off our match reporters!:D

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love those 98 minute games in the Nscl..... so many more empties to gather. why does teh Vmsl only play 90 minute games. do the ref's get overtime pay in the NSCL ( Just looking out for your best interest Walks... since you are usually shite for the first 90 but tend to excel after that ;)

Soccer_player

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I figure moneyman will need to line sir m's pockets to say on this list any more

rock 3 geu 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0