Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings 2006-2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGSrmeister... Settle down. SirM has fixed his flat tire on his Audi...( read in: it is actually a Skoda) and now he will probably blame the Delay on the rankings on a popped Air bag in the right heal of his Nike Air Pegasus during one of his many walks of shame ( Yawn look to the left). From the latest picture I have seen Sirm maybe on the set of the Ellen Degeneres show seeking counceling, on how his team may fold the tent against my mighty Nordic!! what is with these friggen Bear Cubs JagsRbomb?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS, Anti-Fan Dickens et al...I think JAGS may need a 4th big bear in his Avatar, makes for a good foosball game. Anyway, sorry for the delay. Sir M spent the last couple of days doing damage control with the Academy Awards hostess, along with some Senior Government officials after Sir M lost his vigilance for a minute and all of a sudden the bear cubs got loose at an engagement party on the weekend, contemporaneously "making water" on the front doorstep and off the back balcony of the host and hostesses' Capitol Hill home. And then there was the (unsuccessfully, couldn't reach it) jump up and spin the ceiling fan attempt by the other little WVFCer. And then by a different Chort, the feeding of Black Forest Ham to the pet dog off of the appetizer tray, and of course pinching the thigh and doing a shoe reading of an influential public figure. Anyway, enough of that, lets get right to this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings

1. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). No game this week, or next for that mattter. Sitting, waiting quietly, like Charlie in a rain flooded rice pattie, chewing on betel leaves, and when the time is right...to pounce. A similar tactic to that of SCDMTCBlonde up at Karaoke come to think of it.

2. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 4). Defeated Sapperton on the weekend, another in a series of impressive and important recent victories. Round out the regular season against West Van on Sunday at 4 on the turf at Ambleside. MOTW potential.

3. Metro Ford Wolves. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 3). Did not play, and idle again this weekend, but thanks to Columbus' recent efforts have now clinched a Provincial spot and a shot at the VMSL league title.

4. Vancouver Firefighters. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2). Did not play, drop a couple due to Columbus' defeat of Sapperton and MF clinching. Big game against Inter next, another potential MOTW.

5. West Van F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 8). Jump up after defeating a well staffed Westside on Sunday. Host Columbus next.

6. S.F.C. Rangers. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 5). Down a spot after being held to one point at GEU far far away. Staff will be admonished for last week's obviously premature "should defeat GEU next" reference. Aldergrove next and staff have been accordingly advised to...

Zip it.

7. Sapperton Rovers. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 6). Did not get the desired result against Columbus, and are heading in the wrong direction at the moment. Will they get help this weekend from their "A" side? RU next. Cannot catch MF now.

8. Westside F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 7). Drop one, another team going in the wrong direction, although staff advise they fought very hard in their loss to WV on Sunday. Done now in league play.

9. ICSF Inter. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 9). No game this last weekend, big game against Firemen coming up. A win, along with perhaps a little Confession and Communion, along with a little help for the needy, will move this side right up in these rankings.

10. Aldergrove United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 12). Number 10 with a bullet. Back to back wins over DMU and Peace Arch have lept the 268th lads up a full seven spots in but two weeks! Closing in on a Provincial berth in the Valley. Huge game against SFC next, a real chance for this side to move up yet again. Another MOTW candidate.

11. Cliff Ave. United. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 11). A tie this last week, it must be said, did not impress staff. But staff adhere to the traditional Catholic principle of forgiveness, and like to give teams one second chance...one. And of course a willingness to have a slight rankings adjustment for a little financial consideration, or charity if you will. Getting promoted, and have qualified for the VMSL Masters "A" Cup. Big game this weekend with the 22nd Avenue Lions, a team with an excellent name.

12. Nordic F.C. (NSCL. Last week's rank: 10). Staff report a bit of a let up by this side on Sunday, losing by a fairly large margin to an unranked side. A lession in hubris perhaps. Staff advise that maybe Sir M would be prudent to learn this same lesson himself. Of course he does not know what they are talking about. Biggs, Tyler...note this ranking.

13. Langley All Blacks. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 13). Did not play this weekend, but staff note a bit of arrogance in some FVSL posts (although personally Sir M believes arrogance to be a good thing)...but beware of hubris, staff advise.

That is why Caesar was murdered...although he did get a salad named after him.

14. Richmond Utd. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 14). Hold their spot. Done for the year, hanging their hats on cup play.

15. Delta Metro United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 10). No Umbro kit yet for West Van still does not help their case one bit. As correspondent SCDMTC Blonde would say...HELLOOO!!
Sapperton Old Boys next.

16. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL. Last week's rank: 17). Relying on League Cup play to qualify for the BCs. A rather good looking lot, in a Tom Selleck, Burt Reynolds, Luis Figo kind of way.

17. Wickham F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 18). As above, except for the good looking part.

18. Peace Arch United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 16). Another side going in the wrong direction at the wrong time of the year. Mission next.

19. Coveside F.C. (NCSL. Last week's rank: 20). Staff are sensitive to the perception that they do not give this side enough credit, and in accordance with the our Catholic tradition, offer forgiveness for this side's recent underachieving. Up one.

20. GEU Thunder. (FVSL. Last week's rank: not ranked). Congrats to this fine side from the Golden State for making their debut in these rankings with last Friday's impressive result against the 2005 British Columbia Masters Champions.

Now bear cubs, leave me alone.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M... What are you talking about? What Salad did they name after Caesar? and hubris... put the thesaurus away and start worrying about an upcoming game you may have against Nordic. And please leave my scdmtc out of your rankings mr. Toro. Nice rankings though, I will be at ambelside in my Columbus Jersey :)

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Day Long! Anti-fan, I will bring the pennies and bic's to toss at the side-lines, and wearing my Columbus jersey too (although the over-50's version which Gino says I look... well... young in, but I am sure he meant that in a good-looking way.)

Wanker, tight shirts, last week wanting to kill him... Mr. Popularity in a Vikings shirt Flaimer -- always stirring the pot.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

GEU made the rankings.:eek:

Now the pressure is on to continue our stellar ways after last week's heroic effort against the Fire-Ranger-Fighter-Guys.

Great. We go through a season without winning a game so far, and now the pressure is on to continue our successful ways.

:confused:

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece, apparently the Flame scored a header goal off a corner kick while lying flat on his back... and no, Lee was not marking him.

The week before his big strong cycle-racing legs got him in trouble with Coveside on a hard tackle -- the guy is still too strong on his feet for his own good (of course he does have one or two decades advantage on us) -- and being Italian doesn't help, except in Sir M's visual rankings.

BBQ's coming out again on Saturday, so come on by. Rumour has it that if Reds have a good game we might just crack the rankings next week.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
colemanj said:
The week before his big strong cycle-racing legs got him in trouble with Coveside on a hard tackle -- the guy is still too strong on his feet for his own good (of course he does have one or two decades advantage on us) -- and being Italian doesn't help, except in Sir M's visual rankings.

From my view(approx 3 feet away) Flaim,left the ground well after our guy had flicked the ball on, and was in the process of landing Blame it on the, 3 sizes too small shirt, or the lack off brain cells.:eek:
Coveside match report can be found at the link below

CovesideFC | Match Reports Index

Now that Coveside have fallen out off the rankings, and that pressure has been lifted. We will take the time to get healthy.

We may have to play a tricky playoff game in our league, versus the top team in a lower division:eek: for the last provincial spot. Assuming , of course that Norvan win their make up games. Including a big one vs Nordic!

That may not be a given, as Nordic, were quite pissed off at the Coveside beer tent during their game, constantly reminding them that their undefeated season was going out the window at 3-0 down to Vikings. That didn't go over well with the Senior Budai, although I think junior had a laugh or 2.:D

Nordic may not be too interested in the Norvan make up game. And I wouldn't be surprised if Norvan beat them! Not that I think that Nordic would throw the game to screw us:rolleyes: More that Norvan seem to be peaking right now.

Interesting times in NSCL, for sure!:)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J:

With the BBQ coming out (or is it just 'Cello in his slimming sandals?), I may have to make an appearance. If I time it right, that should be just after the end of Demonspawn #2's playoff game.

Agreed re Reds making the Most Excellent Rankings; but who could forget the mid-90's dominance of Dave-O's Reds over Tony's hapless lot? Now that was worthy of the Rankings.

Quality. Especially with the number of Saturday grads now in the Sapp training program... They still don't plink properly, though.:D

Cside:

Don't blame our wee Flaimer. He just can't decide if he's a flower vendor or a horned sausage... identity crises will do that to a guy, you know...

Trece

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
cside17 said:
Nordic may not be too interested in the Norvan make up game. And I wouldn't be surprised if Norvan beat them! Not that I think that Nordic would throw the game to screw us:rolleyes: More that Norvan seem to be peaking right now.

Interesting times in NSCL, for sure!:)

We'd better get interested after that lack of effort last week :confused: so far we've had Norvan's number this year 3-1 both games.

A lesson in hubris perhaps.................time will tell but as Tee put it for 80 odd minutes last game 'where is the urgency' Maybe we'll see a bit at practice tonight as we've been kinda going through Coveside's playbook lately with 6-8 out to practice :( PATHETIC

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,

Well, did I actually see you compare Caesar (not the salad) and the Mighty AllBlacks from Langley?? We do have a GRAND new stadium mind you..Perhaps we should throw a few christians to the Lions for some extra cash....:wa: ...Out this was it's simple Death or Glory for the men in Black....and when we do manage to skirt death on the odd occasion against the likes of Parched Arse....IT IS GLORIOUS!! :D

TLF

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update:

Sir M cannot get to the rankings right now, because of other commitments etc. I will do my best to post them tomorrow eve if I can.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to the thousands of loyal SMEPR fans out there for this week. Not that it is an excuse or anything, but Sir M has been prediposed and, along with staff, perplexed, dazzled and somewhat slightly dazed, and involved with the following:

- Having staff rationalize the logic behind the VMSL Masters Cup draw/scheduling, suspension procedure.
- Having staff book hotels and vehicles for players in their 30s who have not yet mastered this skill.
- Having staff unsuccessfully try to organize more than half a dozen of select team players to show up at one place at the same time.
-Notarizing bearcub passports.

And most importantly:

Finding the Audi.

But enough of that, now, it is time for this week's edition of...

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings

1. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). No game this week, or next for that matter. Enjoying a month or so long respite from play.

2. Vancouver Firefighters. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 4). Staff are bumping this side back up to #2 again after their defeat of Inter on the weekend. Lose the elder Roselund to the WPFG for this week's game, which is away up at SFU, a team who it seems deserves home field advantage based on their 0 wins and 3 total points this year in a must win for FF cup game.

3. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2). Down one after a tie at West Van. A bit cruel of a ranking really, as this team showed a lot of character in battling back twice in their game at Ambleside. Are getting rewarded for their (probable) 3rd overall VMSL performance by getting Inter with Sal and Battista hurt, and Ciaccia away in the WPFG in Australia. Or not.

4. Metro Ford Wolves. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 3). Did not play, and idle again this weekend. Looks like this team has staff don't know, a not so difficult path into the League Cup final, unless or course Richmond, Cracovia, Meralomas, the 22nd Ave Lions, Covercrete, Wickham, or Cliff get in their way. Or maybe Westside. One cynical staff member at the Monday morning meeting actually had the audacity to ask to which club the league pres was loyal. This member of course was duly admonished for this insolence and is now living in Belgium.

5. West Van F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 5). Blew the lead twice on Sunday. Sapperton this weekend, finished one point behind Columbus in the league. 6 guys from this team are heading down under for this week. After Sunday's game, the winner will play the winner of Columbus and Inter after that, and then, according to staff, the winner of Surrey Utd. and VFF (or...SFU) to get a chance to play in the final against...not likely.

6. S.F.C. Rangers. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 6). Same again. Sapperton Old Boys next.

7. Sapperton Rovers. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 7). No game this week, and are up against WV on Sunday in the lets have all of the teams in top part of the standings side of the cup draw. OK, not all, MF are on the other side.

8. Westside F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 8). No game, and are the one side with a hope for justice in the top half of the draw. A bye this weekend for the cup finalists of last year. Lose McGrath to the Australian side.

9. ICSF Inter. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 9). Lost 1-0 to VFF on the weekend, arch rival Columbus next. Another team on the wrong half on the draw battling for a BC spot.

10. Nordic F.C. (NSCL. Last week's rank: 12). Up two spots and back in the elite top ten after making an amazing recovery: a win with a drunken Biggs in the net, after last week's mediocre result. Staff are reporting a potentially imminent signing (and so the rankingsrumour mill churns) of one of the best footballers ever to wear the burgundy of the Sutherland Sabres, and of course probably the foremost dancer of a jig while balancing a pint on his head east of the Boulevard ever...for their Provincial Cup run. Stay tuned, apparently the big Nordic scouting and negotiating staff is working at a level not seen since the Rangers' signing of Barry Parno. Big game against Norvan next, but staff ask...who will be in goal?

11. Cliff Ave. United. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 11). Did not play on the weekend, and have a test against Wickham in Cup play coming up. Will be without Dorazio, who is travelling with the Australia bound team as well. Sir M himself would have liked to watch this one. Of course, he would also like to find his car.

12. Aldergrove United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 10). There was a spirited argument, or as Sir M would like to say "discussion" about this one, but I am advised that staff surreptitiously attended Aldergrove training sessions this week, cleverly disguised as Doukhabours, and as a result have obtained a significant amount of intelligence as to the Aldergrove revolutionary training methods. Unfortunatley correpondent Hendo is currently recovering in hospital from the resultant quite unfortunate body hair fire incident. Got carried away a bit, but will be OK. Another big one against Mission next.

13. Delta Metro United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 15). Up two after their big win over your Sapperton Old Boys this last weekend. The FVSL has granted them a bye because they have a couple players heading with a BC select team to Australia to represent their league and country.

14. Langley All Blacks. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 13). Again the Mighty All Blacks did not play, but get the Golden team at home next.

15. Richmond Utd. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 14). Down one. Are getting relegated, got 6 points this year. Are rewarded with a draw against "Cracovia" in VMSL League "A" Cup this weekend for their League efforts .

16. Wickham F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 17). Up one, interesting game away to CAU next after not playing in a while.

17. Peace Arch United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 16). Another side who did not play. But up one. Losing a player to Australia for the selects, and...bye coming up.

18. Norvan F.C. (NSCL. Last week's rank: not ranked). Employed a tried and true north of the inlet strategy of humiliating an inferior B Div side to get right back in these rankings. Big game against Nordic next.

19. Coveside F.C. (NCSL. Last week's rank: 19). No change, were actually rained out, staff advise, on an artificial turf game this weekend :eek: . An interesting game against Lynn Valley next. Another team losing a player (Eamonn) to the Australia bound team.

20. SFU United. (VMSL. Last week's rank: not ranked). Staff advise that this is a side that yes has a worse record than that of Vancouver Olympics in the actual Premier league, but this side is rested, and gets a HOME game in the first round of cup against the British Columbia Champions for their League efforts, it appears. But this side still competes.

A recent conversation between 4 SFU players heading for breakfast up at ABC restaurant on East Hastings in their Cadillac, when, suddenly they meet an older 4some of Vancouver Firemen, also in a Cadillac, all very swarthy, wearing shiny silver or earth tone suits, all of them with black shirts, the Senior side with french cuffs, and more than one moustache, and two with a hint of garlic, ever so slight, on their breath:

Senior VFF player now in Australia:

"I see you're driving a Cadillac".

SFU leading scorer Steve:

"And I see you're doing the very same".

VFF Big central defender Chuck:

"Welcome to the world of gentlemen, gentlemen".

SFU influential midfielder:

"It's good to be here."

Sir M will be overseas for the next bit. He has heard someone else may post next week's rankings.

Regards, gentlemen.

Money man money maker money VPs etc: if any questions as to GEU's one week appearance in these rankings, please, see the line above.

Best of luck to all as we wind down.

See you when we get back, I will try to update from the Southern Hemisphere if possible.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers, but staff have remarked repeatedly that the FVSL site, although it is very beautiful, featuring many provocative colours such as the 2 buck Chuck spilled on Pipes' wife beater purple, or the shiny greenish-blue hue of Marty's left eye after he was done with, or even the beautiful pale sunset yellow of the other eye about a week after Tommy was done.

But the FVSL site it is the most confusing for sure, staff report.

Beautiful, yet very confusing and hard to read...must go now, someone is calling, I am reminded.

No more fun for a while.

But I do like this black eye reference all of a sudden.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apologies to all of you SMEPR fans out there, I thought it was all arranged that a certain staff member was to post last week's rankings but he was too busy scoring again. Anyway, a couple of weeks away means lots of number crunching, so I will not even bore you all with my record 13 km walk of shame to the lawn of the Adelaide Convention Center where we forgot our van time (2 hrs 40 mins), or St. Patrick's day with our beach house neighbours the Irish police women's volleyball team. Let's get right to it...this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

1. Vancouver Firefighters. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2). Finally knock Surrey Utd. off of their top spot, after beating them again last weekend in Cloverdale, a week after thumping SFU the week before, and the holders are in the BCs. SFU next.

2. West Van F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 5). An understaffed side finally showed some character in establishing back to back come from behind cup victories over Sapperton and Columbus to also qualify for the Provincial Cup. A coaching change has clearly helped. No game this upcoming weekend.

3. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). Their second straight loss drops them two spots, but did hold top spot for a significant amount of time, and staff recognize that remarkable achievement. Bye this weekend, a time for reflection, much like the hour of Scott gelling his hair before going out for the evening.

4. Metro Ford Wolves. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 4). Did not play, and idle again this weekend. Azzi has given this side a 6 week vacation in the Sorbonne. Down side is Ruben is chaperone. Are supposed to meet up for a day in Paris with Westside. No games in the forseeable future.

5. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 3). Drop after their defeat on the weekend, even after defeating Inter the week before. Done for the year, and probably will make the BCs. If they do not, shame on the VMSL.

6. S.F.C. Rangers. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 6). Defeated Sapperton Old Boys 4-1. Done until the BCs.

7. Westside F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 8). No game. Vacationing in Europe. Their Cup draw moves them up one spot.

8. Cliff Ave. United. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 11). Beat Wickham in League Cup. Get Metro Ford on Friday, and a win will put this Div 1 side into the BCs. Welcome to the top 10 gentlemen.

9. Sapperton Rovers. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 7). Another loss to WV on the weekend, are in a dogfight to make the BCs. Over-reliance on the CAT system is being exposed now, staff advise.

10. ICSF Inter. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 9). Done for the year, too bad. Lost to Columbus 2-0. Does anyone think this side should not be in the BCs? (Other than Hose). Seriously.

11. Aldergrove United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 12). This fine side defeated Mission 2-1 on the weekend in a rainy game reminiscient of BC place being turned into a giant mud pit for the truck and tractor pull. Ground pounding axle swapping power. Cup final against PAU coming up...where they will sell you the whole seat, but you are only going to need the edge...

12. Richmond Utd. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 15). Up three after their thrashing of Div 1 side Cracovia. Will play Westside in Cup, and have a chance for the BCs still, once the red and white get back from Tuscany...

13. Peace Arch United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 17). Their 5-2 defeat of recent FVSL whipping boys Sapperton Old Boys clinches this side a BCs spot and more importantly moves them up in these rankings. Cup final against Aldergrove on Saturday coming up, a game to which Sir M may take the Audi out for a bit of mileage.

14. Norvan F.C. (NSCL. Last week's rank: 18). Schooled Nordic. In the BCs. Well done.

15. Langley All Blacks. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 14). Defeated GEU, but staff advise that is kind of a weaker side. It does not look like this team will be in the Provincials, a relief for all qualifiers.

16. Coveside F.C. (NCSL. Last week's rank: 19). Defeated Lynn Valley, also are qualifying for the BCs. However, staff advise that this side as well as the one listed immediately below in these rankings need to get their house in order come the BCs.

17. Nordic F.C. (NSCL. Last week's rank: 10). Too many poor performances at a critical time of the season drops this side. They need to sort this out.

18. Wickham F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 16). Their Cup loss to CAU puts an end to this side's season, but they do stay up and have a chance to fortify.

19. Mission Blues. (FVSL. Last week's rank: not ranked). Lost but battled hard on the weekend. Have a chance now to rebuild for next year.

20. Delta Metro United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 13). Did not have a good two weeks. But stay in the rankings.

So that is it for this week. Sorry for the abbreviated version. Best of luck to all sides this weekend.

FYI: Once the final 16 for the BCs are established, the rankings will be pared down to that 16 teams who will be so ranked.

Cheers.

Sir M.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave beats Wickam in one game and is now ranked above Sapperton and Inter? Wow - that is a big win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0