Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings 2006-2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Sir M is on the same schedule as the guys who update the scores and schedule for the VMSL.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, Ok. My apologies to our heroic firefighters and of course the venerable Hose (now, just a thought if Sir M was a Firefighter he may like to have a nickname like Hose. If he was an accountant, he may have a nickname like Taxman. If he was a professional surfer, he may call himself Scottyshell, if he had a sexually transmitted disease, he might call him self SCP, or even worse :eek: SCK.)

But Sir M digresses... A lot of issues amongst rankings staff this weekend, including blown out tires, lawsuits, criminal charges being dropped, and of course the usual inter-office romances...but enough about the bear cubs relationship. Sorry for the delay, here we go now with this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings

1. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). All of a sudden this side is looking human, but with less hair. Lost 2-0 to Firemen on Sunday, idle this week coming up. Resting a bit on their laurels staff advise. For advice against that, contact Sir M directly.

2. Vancouver Firefighters. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 6). Well look here, the Provincial Champs have arrived. Back to back defeats of the top two sides in the VMSL, the latter with a team of but 11 players, with the slimming all black with yellow and a touch of white trim and of course a few moustaches, crooked purple noses, and vericose veins side knocking on the door of top spot in these rankings. Staff have warned all year that this side can beat anyone anytime, and recently they are proving it.

3. Metro Ford Wolves. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2). Drop one spot, did not play, and idle again this weekend. Although their adidas kit is in staff's opinion the finest in the VMSL, staff caution against the white kit...not slimming. Seriously.

4. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 3). Also did not play on the weekend. Good test against Sapperton at home on the weekend, a chance to potentially reach top spot in these rankings.

5. S.F.C. Rangers. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 4). Down a spot after VFF's recent heroics. Should defeat GEU coming up next.

6. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week's rank: 5). A result against Columbus will put them top four minimum. Burgundy is a good colour at a lakeside BBQ in the Okanagan. But that's about it.

7. Westside F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 7). Did not play, up against West Van at Ambleside on Sunday, always a good match.

8. West Van F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 8). As above, basically. The torn uterus is reportedly on the mend.

9. ICSF Inter. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 9). No game this last weekend, and no game coming up. Time for prayer and helping those less fortunate, staff advise.

10. Nordic F.C. (NSCL. Last week's rank: 11). Big win over Coveside puts them top 10. Vikings next. Staff advise that pre-BCs it is difficult, due to level of competition, to accurately rank this side, but according to reports, they could move right up in subsequent weeks.

11. Cliff Ave. United. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 13). Staff advise, similarly to Nordic, this side is difficult to rank due to opposition level. However, it cannot be ignored that this team has a better record than any team in these rankings. Some very good players on this side.

12. Aldergrove United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 17). Beat DMU on the weekend. Staff advise that the FVSL 2 through 6 spots are very close. Close, but not that close.

13. Langley All Blacks. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 19). See immediately above. Big 2-0 win over PAU this last weekend. Mission next.

14. Richmond Utd. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 14). Hold their spot. Done for the year, hanging their hats on cup play.

15, Delta Metro United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 10). Briefly in the top ten, but drop after their loss to the Aldergrovians. No Umbro kit still does not help their case one bit.

16. Peace Arch United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 12). Speaking of kit, we would like to quote staff member SCDMTC Blonde:

"Helloooo...Lotto shirts with stretch marks...FASHION CRIME:eek: ".

17. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL. Last week's rank: 16). Another VMSL side relying on cup play to qualify. SCDMTCB hold your tongue.

18. Wickham F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 18). As above.

19. Mission F.C. Blues. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 20.). Another tough FVSL team that can do some damage in the BCs potentially. Not playing recently.

20. Coveside F.C. (NSCL. Last week's rank: 15). Another significant drop after another not so good result. Norvan next, a team they must defeat in order to be featured in nest week's rankings, staff advise.

Again, sorry for the delay.

But, by way of explanation:

I'm busy.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stir stir stir....a very good read Sir M...although I think you're playing mind games with us...we'll see after this weekend how this pans out...we hate being ranked too high you know...

Cheers!

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M that was quite a jump for a .500 team to go from #6 to #2 - did you just make us the highest ranking over 40, .500 team ever in the history of the rankings? I bet Coach is getting a kick out of that one and RF is probably rolling on the floor ... well he rolls pretty much everywhere anyways ..... For an early prediction on the BC's I think we may see Richmond making an appearance in the final 16 - as long as they do not draw us in the first two rounds of the League Cup.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
20. Coveside F.C. (NSCL. Last week's rank: 15). Another significant drop after another not so good result. Norvan next, a team they must defeat in order to be featured in nest week's rankings, staff advise.

Uh oh, and I don't mean your spelling mistake.

Coveside for the first time in our history, may actually have to default this weekend vs Norvan. :eek:

Due to some league dictator:eek: declaring, that there will be no more team postponements, or rescheduling of games, as the league is too far behind schedule.

So Norvan may be handed this one on a platter. But more importantly we drop out of the top 55 in the rankings!

League exec member had a real brain fart on that decision:mad:

cside17 hoping for a rain out this weekend, so the league cancels, and play's some make up games on the turf:D

Then we can thump Norvan, when we actually have some healthy players.

Does anyone know what it costs, to bulk purchase the flu shot vacine? I may make it a team requirement next Sept!!!;)

I'm pretty sure our life saving FF, can give a flu shot!:D

For those that know GK, it was great to see him out after our game with Nordic last week. Said he will be back playing in Sept, which is fantastic, considering he was done 4 weeks ago!:knvb:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-side..you may get your wish...as the combination of the white not so fluffy stuff and the forecast of steady rain through the weekend does not bode well for the game outlook on Sunday..will the league ever end...will the league cup actually get played...whatever...where's the beer!

Cheers!

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
when is the Cup draw being done ?
VMSL Site looks like it has has it's "Cup Play" all cleaned
up and ready to be listed .....

can somebody explain "Masters A & Masters B" to me
is that like Imperial compared to Div 1 and 2 ?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
T-Idiot,

Masters A is Premier and 1st division, B is 2nd and 3rd although I had heard that they were cancelling the B cup...and, speaking of 3rd div., and also to be on topic, why is the only undefeated team in VMSL Masters not listed in the the rankings Sir M?

Pay no attention to the standings at the league site: we had a bogus ruling against us where we had our win reversed, points taken away, +/- adjusted but no asterisk or fine. We had our BCSA appeal all polished up and decided against it for political reasons.

Well I guess the only explanation is it's one of those closed-door/old boy's club affairs to which I have always despised (from the outside). Maybe if we can get a good showing against the C-men this week or if we have another game against a Stewless Killarney Spurs...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try and figure this one out. We have played five games with a Thursday and Sunday scenario for over two weeks. Within those games were....Sapperton(with the young boys), Firemen and Surrey United. Then, we have a two week layoff before our next potential game. Try and figure that one out. Yes, Sir M. your rankings are justified....No penance needed required.

SCK

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK - I thought the whiners were on the other Iti team .... no worries it wasn't like you guys were going to be in the top two anyways.... besides - they were games you had to get in now you have a chance to recover .... besides we didn't even have half our line-up available to play against you guys. Cheers.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
5. S.F.C. Rangers. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 4). Down a spot after VFF's recent heroics. Should defeat GEU coming up next.

Hmmmm....this result may have an effect on the Power Rankings.

GEU 3, Surrey FC 3.

To quote RangerForever after the match, "Boys, let's take the point and get the fcuk out of Dodge."

Could it be that GEU could make their first ever appearance in The Excellent Rankings after such a stunning result?:rolleyes:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Monkey said:
Could it be that GEU could make their first ever appearance in The Excellent Rankings after such a stunning result?:rolleyes:

Yes this result, staff advise, will definitely have an influence on both team's rankings.

Stay tuned early this upcoming week.

Good night.

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, well after GEU's result against those disfunctional lads from Surrey with the Powder Blue Kit...and the Mighty AllBlacks dismantling of Parched Arse, where you could hear a pin drop in the P.A. dressing room afterwards....:D ..you could say next week will be the "match of the week" between these two TITANIC Valley clubs down @ the Oval....Home of the Saturday Night Special.

Sir M, might even be worth a drive out in that SAAB..or whatever that thing is...for you and "The Staff" They really do deserve a night out....assuming you get past the Flamingo...as for afterwards, you may have to change your attire for a quick juant down to Gabby's...they don't take kindly to your type down there but we might be able to sneak you in after a quick stop at the Stampede Feed and Tack for some new boots....they have a really nice pair of A$$less Chaps I been lookin at...

TLF

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two Left Feet,

Thank you for your gracious invitation. I regrettably must inform you that staff do not drive Swedish vehicles: the Swedes are known for discount furniture, tennis players, and blonde twins. The Germans, however, are known for winning World Cups, engineering precision, robust women, a desire to take over the world, and of course high performance roadsters with tires that cost $491 each.

And, staff, do not "do" the "Flamingo" (although staff note a pink/orange blend it must be said is quite an interesting colour), but are not entirely sure of the reference to:

"Gabi's"
"feed and tack"
" boots"

and finally,

"chaps" (although some staff are aware of some sort of cheaper version of the Lauren line which may be the basis of the final reference. To be fair, though, staff members do not seem entirely sure of this assumption).

Best of luck to you and your side TLF.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess GEU should be ranked equally to the Rangeers - the latter bunch of whom appear to be on a major downward slide leading into the Cup. I am sure Shuey's incident was overdone - with those long legs how can you possibly control them ... and we all know he is not the type of player to try a mule kick....... maybe the goose step ... but not a mule kick.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir m I took in a North Shore Road Runners Game on Saturday at Ridgeway Annex. They steam rolled over the strikers 2 bagel. Both goals by C. Brolly on some nice build up from the midfield, which I believe was a Russell, related to the Russell with West Van? Anyways another win like that i would think the Road Runners may crack your Top 20 rankings?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you chant "all day long" over and over whilst nipping at your unbreakable bottle of Captain Morgan all game there Antifan?

Are you still with Nordic by the way?

What is up with their 4 bagel loss to an unranked side?

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[What is up with their 4 bagel loss to an unranked side?

/QUOTE]

Vikings were full value for the win. Except the wanker at center back, in the stylish 3 sizes too small shirt(I know Sir M, appreciates fashion).

As for us, we did well to not default the game! Really hurting right now, and we can use the rest!

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir m I am still signed with Nordic....our loss on the weekend, what can I say? Ted B. Had Tyler and Biggs in the line up since I am still nursing a bit of an injury. So I spent the day on the sidelines with the skank. I will be back for cup play and will enjoy rolling over your West Van lot "All Day Long!"

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Antifan,

I feel a little slighted, as the Skank came down to Ambleside and was watching our game on Sunday. She felt 'someone' was moving into her turf and she had to reclaim the parking lot.:p

Had to change up the avatar and include the Dancing Bear, since he will be on the Bear Cubs flight to PS in May.

Sir M, I know you have been cracking the whip with staff, but when might we expect an updated ranking list? I would hate to think that you would be away from your computer for more than 5 minutes pinting at some pub on a Monday night, when people are on the edge of their seats wanting to see where they are ranked. Maybe a certain player on WVFC is helping you write the rankings, in between his book report that has caused him to miss some games.:eek:

I know Cside is waiting to see if they have fallen out of the top 20 with their unfortunate result this past weekend.

JAGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0