Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should Pakenham/G.Knights cup teams have a minimum games played rule?

Should players in the Cup have to play a minimum amount of games to be eligible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just wondering the sentiment out there for a games played rule to prevent teams from loading up come Cup time. Is there a reason there isn't one?

bench warmer

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont have a problem with it. a lot of premier teams rely on signing the college/university players once they are done their season, it makes the league more competitive.

and besides, say a player does his MCL or something the first game of the season, and by the time cup comes around he is just getting back into form - since he only played 1 game and didnt meet the games played requirement he isn't allowed to play?

bench warmer

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
as a player on the team I might get a little pissed if I lost my spot to a few ringers, but from a managers perspective if you think it will help you be successful then all the power to you.

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
you could always have a min. games played rule with a 1-3 man exception to the rule, i do think it would suck for a guy injured, legitimately new to the area etc.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thing is, how many players are just hanging around not playing at all come January? Very few I'd be guessing, so I don't think it's a huge deal. If players want to transfer for a chance at the cup, all the power to them.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Alderholes tears created a poll....hahahahahahahahahaha

No games played rule there is a transfer deadline. Quit crying everyone. Moving on is part of healing. So move the fcuk on.

dmm9

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
aldergrove get over it you arnt even one of the top 4 team from what ive seen stolo, gunners, lions, acbc are all better

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rule should stay the same as it always has been. There would be too many technicalities to work out. This isn't professional soccer, its div 2, but some ppl like to play pretend.

West Coast sure has alot to say to Aldergrove tho, considering you have cried week in / week out about the points you guys lost for playing illegal players. I also recall alot of whining about some sort of sandbagging? Whatever that is...

Lets just let the guys dig there own (alder)hole here. Its pretty obvious to everyone that this is a case of sour grapes.

I will not participate in this poll. Case CLOSED.

Apologies for the terrible Alderhole joke.

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
No games played rule there is a transfer deadline. Quit crying everyone. Moving on is part of healing. So move the fcuk on.

I know you're hardened to losing now, your on a team that does it every week.
Westcoast is the worst team in 2nd div, hope div 3 is fun next year.

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just wondering the general sentiment out there, i didn't get into specifics, and it looks pretty 50/50. Most of the guys piling on us are not leading there division, so eat a dik bitches, I need to take a big piss after this weekends game, isn't this the spot?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just wondering the general sentiment out there, i didn't get into specifics, and it looks pretty 50/50. Most of the guys piling on us are not leading there division, so eat a dik bitches, I need to take a big piss after this weekends game, isn't this the spot?
wow, someone really is BITTER....you went out of your way and made a poll which ended up making you look like a bigger bitch than you already are....man you guys are in first place and were undefeated since september....you lost to a CURRENT 7th place team by a score of 4-0....the only arguement you have is that you haven't played a competitive game in 2 months...but even then as a top team you should have been training intensely week in n week out so this type of occurance would not have happened...honestly man have fun in d1 but do not plan on staying for too long....

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rule should stay the same as it always has been. There would be too many technicalities to work out. This isn't professional soccer, its div 2, but some ppl like to play pretend.

West Coast sure has alot to say to Aldergrove tho, considering you have cried week in / week out about the points you guys lost for playing illegal players. I also recall alot of whining about some sort of sandbagging? Whatever that is...

Lets just let the guys dig there own (alder)hole here. Its pretty obvious to everyone that this is a case of sour grapes.

I will not participate in this poll. Case CLOSED.

Apologies for the terrible Alderhole joke.

That was alot of crying for a mistake I made. Not shedding tears over a team beating me. Every time I have lost a game I have never attacked the way a man runs his team.too bad there wasn't more Ghouse's out there, would be nice to have full support. And I never had a poll asking if points should be deducted or not. Sour grapes??? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

As for sandbagging it's no fluke since the transfer deadline you barely tied a game and barely won a game. Probably would have been a little closer division if that was the team you guys played with all year round. Remember you beat a shitty team like us 3-1 and 3-0 before the deadline. Imagine what the score would be now?? too bad we will never know.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know you're hardened to losing now, your on a team that does it every week.
Westcoast is the worst team in 2nd div, hope div 3 is fun next year.

Wherever we play next year it will a fun time.We are a fun group of guys. I would hate to be on a team with ZERO class. You lost to a good team then come on here and talk shite and cry. Honestly I said it last year, the funnest division to play in would have to be Div.2,thats why we want to stay up. Div.1 would be shite you play teams once and come cup time you have to play premier teams.

You won a division with not the toughest competition(no offense Nomadians.) but you should look where the teams in your division were at the end of last year. there is an archive. Fraser Valley Soccer League 2006-2007 Final Standings

There are 2 good Div.2 teams:WRU and LUFC Wolves.
There are 5 mid to lower level Div.2 teams: Royals, Caps,Titans,Bearcats,Coyotes(with Coyotes only staying in Div.2 because of the Pylons,which are a good team as the Nomads can tell you from their last cup game.)
And 2 Div.3 teams one that earned promotion: Nomads and one that didn't Guildford Utd.

All the luck to you next year I feel you will need it. We have not been the same team this year for alot of reasons and points being deducted hurt at the start of the year. But for a team in your position should hae done better then a 4-0 lose. When we were up in the standings last year we went into the third round and lost in shoot-outs and we didn't have a first round bye.

Ask Ghouse for some coaching and maybe you can do better in cup next year.

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow, someone really is BITTER....you went out of your way and made a poll which ended up making you look like a bigger bitch than you already are....man you guys are in first place and were undefeated since september....you lost to a CURRENT 7th place team by a score of 4-0....the only arguement you have is that you haven't played a competitive game in 2 months...but even then as a top team you should have been training intensely week in n week out so this type of occurance would not have happened...honestly man have fun in d1 but do not plan on staying for too long....
I don't need an argument or excuses, ACBC was better and deserving the win and i already said that. If i was that bitter, the poll would have been "should ACBC be allowed to add 8 players the week the cup starts" **** i asked a question, answer it or shut the fuk up.
I don't know why westcoast is such a dick, that's who i was talking to with the other comments.
And i allow myself a 24 hr bitchfest, i was stuck suspended on the sideline to watch our game, it didn't look better from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0