Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should Bertuzzi be scratched?

Should Bertuzzi get scratched for a couple of games?

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think two games in the press box could wake the big dummy up. Something needs to be done. He has turned in to Jarko Rutuu. He takes really stupid penalties and scores the odd goal.

Two games minimum in my opinion.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
He has turned in to Jarko Rutuu. He takes really stupid penalties and scores the odd goal.

Jarko does his job like no other....one of the best in the business for his position.
Does he take the odd penalty? Sure...but he defineatley draws more than he takes.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish he would turn into Ruutu. He has better hands around the net to score more than Ruutu and he'd have one hell of a drive to go with it. Also he might learn how to check and hit again. You are dissing Ruutu when you say that knob.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
you're all wrong.
benching bert would solve nothing, if anything he would never play here again, remember the last time bert was benched? he flipped out!
also, if the canucks are thinking of trading him, you dont want to bench him because his value will go down.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
D13 said:
you're all wrong.
benching bert would solve nothing, if anything he would never play here again, remember the last time bert was benched? he flipped out!
also, if the canucks are thinking of trading him, you dont want to bench him because his value will go down.

He has value....sure fooled me:eek:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I voted to scratch but its Hard to scratch him because he can still win a game for you, but maybe demote him to the fourth line and pull him off the powerplay. Then if he is having a good game increase his playing, he does have a very fragile ego, might lose him forever with a scratch.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The most action and effort that happened last game was him putting a bandaid on face. Put him the plummer line of Bert, Linden and Bieska. Now there's some talent

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After being at the game last night and watching Bertuzzi "play", now more than ever I think he needs to be scratched. Two games minimum. If you aren't going to trade him, sit him to light a fire under his ass. The guy is horrible. :mad:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and here I thought it was illegal to scratch your Bertuzzi in public! Go figure.

What might work for our favourite coaster is to bench him for the 2nd period of the next game, and give his spot to Cookie. Agreed with Bored; the guy sulks like my 8 year old after being told he can't have candy, so scratching him won't solve his problem.

Actually, since he's Italian, the best thing to do would be to fly his mom in and get her to slap him around until he's willing to take the game seriously again....:D

eh, Todd, 'samattaforyou?

Trece

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What did I miss last night?

I thought in the first period, Bert and the "#1 line" actually looked good... then I wasn't really paying attention and didn't see Bert on the top line (or at all for long stretches)... what happened?!?!?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps Morrison should pick it up a notch. He's been just as awful as Bert. I was shocked his name wasn't being thrown around much at the deadline.

Hard Ballz

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
First game I watched since hockey has been back after the olympics. Bertuzzi doesn't look like a 5 million dollar player out there. He doesn't have that fire in him anymore. I didn't see him hit anyone or use his size in any way positive. He just floats around.
But everytime the Sedins were out there they would be creating chances, hustling, getting shots off.
BENCH BERT, or show him a video of himself. Say,
"is that why we pay you the big bucks" " look at yourself "

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
D13 said:
vancouver "Fans" are such a joke, no wonder people dont like to play here.

Bertuzzi is the joke. He simply doesn't work hard enough/ busy enough with his feet/hit anyone, to help create his own chances or make a team cough up the puck for his teammates....+ when is he going to lose the "one hand on the stick" and try to push the defensemen out of the way? Not only does it not work, but what other player in the world tries it? Not to mention dumb penalties, brooding aloofness, and a smug sense that nothing is wrong with his approach to the game...if things weren't going well, wouldn't we all work harder??:confused:

lame

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bert always looks like he just found out his car was ripped off...I say bench him. he is capable of so much more but just doesn't seem interested.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a stupid thread theknob.
Hard Balls and D13 were the only two lads with a head on their shoulders... Mo has been invisable, but Bertuzzi is the "bigger star" so we hear nothing about it...The suposed "laid back west coast" hockey fans are the biggest wind ups of all time!!! How many of you tits love Bertuzzi when he scores a hatrick against Detroit or Hammers Jackman and McInnis through the boards??? Love ya when we are winning and hate your guts and want to kill your family when we're not...

Very common around the football grounds in Britain... "You only sing when you're winning!!!"

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0