Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should Bertuzzi be scratched?

Should Bertuzzi get scratched for a couple of games?

• Total voters

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
... Mo has been invisable, but Bertuzzi is the "bigger star" so we hear nothing about it...The suposed "laid back west coast" hockey fans are the biggest wind ups of all time!!! How many of you tits love Bertuzzi when he scores a hatrick against Detroit or Hammers Jackman and McInnis through the boards??? Love ya when we are winning and hate your guts and want to kill your family when we're not...

Very common around the football grounds in Britain... "You only sing when you're winning!!!"

the Jackman/Mcinnes reference to a few years ago is fitting...being that was the last hit BIG bert has thrown....again, what a joke.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness=tit:p

Who's the bigger disappointment - the guy with less talent/potential who's having an off year, or the marquee player with more than his fair share of talent who alternates between floating and sulking?

Last time I checked, Bert was being paid a hell of a lot more than Mo to put the seats in the seats and the puck in the back of the net.

As for the attitude of your "fans," as with any sport, the players get backfrom their audiences what they put into the game. I'd be happy to make a fraction of what Bert gets paid so I could afford to take my kids to a game more than once a century. How does that make me (or any other dissatisfied Nuck fan) a wind up (or like you implied, a fair weather fan)? Like I've stated on here before, I was a Canuck fan when they were still in the PCHL.

Methinks you've been drinking the stale bong water again, JC...

Trece

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see both sides, yes it seems bert is playing disinterested, floating around and just simply not trying...Its fukcing frustrating as a fan to watch. On the other hand everybody loved him during the west coast express days when he was ripping it up. people have bad years we all play sports and know that, you lose confidence and things don't go your way. He has a lot going on,not trying to make excuses for the guy, but his personal life combined with his lack of confidence, combined with the constant bashing by the fans makes it tough to keep beleving in yourself. If this guy played one of your teams you would be sticking up for him not bashing him. How many people here bashed the "sister" line, year in and year out now everybody acts like they have loved them the whole time. trade Mo trade burt the sedins our the top line. Give your ****ing heads a shake. Vancouver fans are off and on the band wagon of players so fast. Its so effident nobody has a fukcing sniff about playing sports. maybe he does need to be benched to light a fire under his ass but to write him off as a player is ridiculous. You can't blame anybody for making big bucks and that never guarantees a big season.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the answer

Other than the dreadful spelling, I have to agree with bulljive... Trece verde is the typical Celtic fan-a-tic... Happy when players are scoring at paradise (what a joke that word is), but "he's a tub of goo" if goal scorers aren't scoring fcuking idiots!!! Bertuzzi is an amazing talant and is not playing up to his standards (he set a few years back), AGAIN, I'm not making excuses for the guy, he should be doing much much more, however the guy who was getting him the puck has stopped skating as well... Naslund has been mince most of the season... Auld is a hero one game and a goat the next... Baumgartner is the shits...
Fcuk me, come to think of it, trade them all for a used tether ball and Napoleon's moon boots!!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness:

Now I know for sure you've been in the bong water. Yes, I'm a Celtic fan. That's irrelevant to the Canucks, and hockey in general.

Please find in any of my statements on here where I've said that the problem with Bert can be solved by trading his arse out of town. Can't find it, can you?

Did I ever say the guy sucks? No, I said he's not playing to his potential and needs to realize that he can't continue to float and expect the top dollars to keep coming his way. The man needs to turn himself and his game around and get back to playing at the level that befits a franchise player.

Bulljive has proven his intelligence by the quality and well-thought-out nature of his many posts, not to mention his tenuous grasp on spelling and grammar, but you I gave a bit more credit to. It appears that was a mistake.

Yes, I'm frustrated with the Canuckleheads. Who isn't? Does that mean that I will stop supporting them? Of course not. Maybe you should both learn to read again:
Like I've stated on here before, I was a Canuck fan when they were still in the PCHL.
How can I make that any clearer? My opinion of you is now on about the same level as what I think of that nonsense-spouting blue-shirted pillow-biting Laffs fan (the Franchise) who also graces us on here with his presence.

Trece

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0