Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shaw Cable New Channel thread

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
October 8th - History HD channel 231

October 15th - TheScore HD channel 232

Awesome - Sunday morning feature EPL matches in glorious HD!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does this mean Shaw Direct (The artists formerly known as StarChoice) gets them too?

Also, will the Score HD be full screen a la Sportsnet or will we have to settle for 2nd tier HD?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I would imagine ShawDirect is getting them too.

No idea on the second question.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS what kind of webmaster/moderator/ administrator are you!? I thought you had all the answers? :D

I will get off my ass and call to find out. Thanks for the heads up though, I was wondering when we would get the Score HD since they always talk about it on the air on the normal station.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Well I would be shocked if TheScore HD was 2nd tier HD - it's been requested so much on a site I subscribe to and no one there has ever said that it is anything other than a full HD channel.

For History HD, something like 90% of the programming is true HD.

Allegedly.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will it be packaged with the other HD sports channels? Or are we going to pay separately again? I wish Shaw would just come out with a full HD package, make it easier on us. Wait, since I haven't looked into it, do they offer that yet?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
There are only 2 HD packages - basic HD which is free and the Plus package (or whatever it is called) which includes the rest (outside of HBO & superchannel HD channels).

If you already have the plus package, it isn't going to cost you a dime.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are only 2 HD packages - basic HD which is free and the Plus package (or whatever it is called) which includes the rest (outside of HBO & superchannel HD channels).

Excellent news. Does not matter who is playing now at 8 on Sundays. Must watch TV. Such a different experience, especially if the audio will be digitally transmitted as well.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
telus tv has offefed score HD for over a year but the premier games have been standard def.. Only good for ncaa / nba and wwe (the franchise will be excited) unless something has changed

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously? WTF?

These games are available with an HD feed, I'm sure of it - why wouldn't they pick this up?!?!?!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i hope things have changed. i forgot to tell u i got rid of telus about a year ago so my info maybe outdated. but originally the picture was stretched and not very sharp..

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
"from an insider:rolleyes:"

depends on who is brodcasting in england?

Most - if not all - Premiership matches last season were originated in HD and broadcast on Sky Sports HD.

This season the UK rights have changed slightly, and Setanta have rights to some matches now, and they don't currently have an HD outlet - so the non-Sky Sports matches MIGHT be SD 16:9 - not sure how this will pan out.

However it does mean that the bulk of the matches are being shot HD - so the source material may be available - if The Score can fund the backhaul (and additional rights payments.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When i was in T.O., my cousin's had the Score HD and not everything was broadcast in HD.... but ti's been a year, things may have changed.

On another note: I heard Telus has Satellite TV and they have teamed up with Bell. Has anyone tried this yet??? I will not even attempt to go to telus, until i hear they have turned it around finally. Hooking up with Bell Satellite could be the best thing they have done.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

On Shaw? Really? That's odd, cause I'm sure I have to pay for the sports channels and the HBO/Movie Central separately. Are the free ones 200 to 209? I just had an idea, maybe I'll call them :D

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcukit....Hd...1080p...only 300 channels...blah...blah...blah.

Bring back the turn dial black and white rabbit ears baby!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcukit....Hd...1080p...only 300 channels...blah...blah...blah.

Bring back the turn dial black and white rabbit ears baby!

move here! 14 inches woooooooooooo!

DHAKA, Bangladesh (Sept. 30) - Bangladesh on Wednesday rewarded a farmer who killed more than 83,000 rats and launched a monthlong campaign nationwide to kill millions more, to protect crops and reduce the need for food imports.
Mokhairul Islam, 40, won a first prize of a color television for killing some 83,450 rats in the past nine months in Gazipur district near the South Asian country's capital, Dhaka. He collected their tails for proof.
"I am so happy to get this honor," Islam told The Associated Press after receiving a 14-inch television and a certificate amid cheers at an official ceremony packed with 500 farmers and officials. "I had no idea that the government gives prizes for this."
Skip over this content

Pavel Rahman, AP
A prize winner at Bangladesh's rat killing award ceremony displays one one of his victims.
"This is an exciting moment. I will continue to kill them," he vowed.
Officials say the impoverished nation imports some 3 million tons of food annually, while the Ministry of Agriculture estimates that rodents annually destroy 1.5 million to 2 million tons of food.
"We can cut the import of food by at least half if we can succeed in this year's campaign," said Wais Kabir, executive chairman of the Bangladesh Agriculture Research Council.
He asked everyone, especially farmers, to take on the killing mission as a sport. The government has said it will train mainly farmers and students for this year's campaign.
"Killing rats is not that easy, it needs training," Kabir said.
Islam said he mainly used poison to kill the rats at his poultry farm, and that the cull has paid off as the rodents now scavenged less.
"Previously I needed 33 sacks of poultry feed per week, now I need less than 30," he said.
Fakhrul Haque Akanda, a farmer from northern Bangladesh and the second-prize winner, killed some 37,450 rats mostly with traps, some he invented.
"These bloody rats are my enemy, they destroy my gardens," Akanda said.
"Please pray for me so that I can continue my mission, and teach and motivate others to join me," he told the audience before taking his prize, also a television.
Last year, the U.N. World Food Program launched a monthslong food aid project in the country's southeast after a plague of rats devoured rice crops.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now if they could get TheScore to stop the ticker across the bottom during the games, i'd be ecstatic.
Wish you could turn it on or off as you desired. Sometimes it's great, other times it's just plain annoying and in the way.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has another new HD channel showing up soon - DIY HD which is apparently the digital channel Fine Living repackaged up.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0