Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League Results 2002/03

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point, Blakie....

Manchester United vs FC Basel (1-1)
0-1 (Christian Gimenez 14)
1-1 (Gary Neville 53)

Basel beat Deportivo La Coruna 1 - 0 also, who happen to be leading Real Madrid right now, who happened to stuff your beloved Man. United. So I think you should think before you type, especially, if you're trying to use that sort of argument. FC Basel is a good team and their performance in the Champions League proved it. Don't kid yourself.

If Celtic ever went to the EPL, they would hold their own AND more. More money would mean better players and they are obviously the best supported team in Britain and of course, the world.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cream puff

Is Sven your uncle or something? Relax don't take the huff. Celtic would survive bacause they are good enough to play in that league.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We shall not, we shall not be moved.....

We're on our way to Seville,

We shall not be moved.......

To get back on topic, COME ON, HEARTS! :rolleyes: (Fcukers will fold the tent for their cnuting blue nose brothers)

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parky, your point about if Celtic were to buy players, then yes it is possible, but my arguement was with the team they have now! As for United being big spenders I wouldn't necessarily agree. They splashed out on 3 players, but most of their talent is through the system so do your homework. They have the money to spend like the Spaniards and Italians who leave themselves bankrupt, but United choose to keep most of it in the vault. This debate could go on for hours on end so lets hope they join the EPL one day just so I can win some money to support my drinking habit! Cheers...

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buying players and being able to keep young players that come up through the system are two different things there Blakie. You want me to believe that if Beckham or Giggs came up through say West Ham's system they would still be there. Come on. Keeping your good young players and then adding 3 stars a year is a luxury not many teams have. Use some comon sense and tell me again United are not big spenders. Fcuk what is Spice boy's salary and Keano's!! Together are probably pretty close to some teams whole salary in the Epl.

Clearly United are not big spenders!!:rolleyes:

Parkhead

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
steph123 read your posts before you hit reply! They're just not worthy. And check your typing before you start correcting others. Arts and crafts day tomorrow?

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool beat Stutgart in 1992. Sporting Lisbon beat Stutgart in 1965. Sporting Lisbon beat Porto 4-1 in 1997. Therefore, Celtic will win the UEFA Cup. Obviously.

By the way, Stutgart beat Burnley in the 1958 Fair's Cup. Celtic would surely be competitive in the EPL.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fabien Barthez
David Beckham

Laurent Blanc
Wes Brown

Nicky Butt
Roy Carroll

Luke Chadwick
Rio Ferdinand

Diego Forlan
Quinton Fortune

Ryan Giggs
Roy Keane

David May
Gary Neville

Phil Neville
John O'Shea

Ricardo
Paul Scholes

Mikael Silvestre
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Juan Veron

How many players have come through their system in this list. I honestly don't know but I will guess the following didn't: Van Nistelrooy, Veron, Ole Gunner, Ricardo, Roy Keane, Diego Forlan, Ferdinand, Blanc, Barthez, Mikael Silvestre, Quinton Fortune......That is not a bad looking team and it appears to be more than your big 3......

:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool beat Stutgart in 1992. Sporting Lisbon beat Stutgart in 1965. Sporting Lisbon beat Porto 4-1 in 1997. Therefore, Celtic will win the UEFA Cup.

That was exactly my point, Bucky. We're on the same page again. Kind of scary, actually. BTW, please mail the $10 you owe me. Thanks. If you can, you can send Fasty's golf clubs too. He was asking about them when I was in Scotland. Cheers.

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now I know you're not telling the truth, Bucky...

1958 London XI 2 FC Barcelona 2 45466
FC Barcelona 6 London XI 0 62000

Stuttgart and Burnley didn't even meet that year.....:rolleyes:

I will NEVER trust you again after that blatant lie.....

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but my arguement was with the team they have now!

Why didn't you say so?

Celtic's current side would finish in the top 5 in the EPL.

The Sky TV revenue combined with Martin O'Neill's stewardship and Celtic's status as the biggest club in the world would ensure that the Hoops would stroll to the EPL title.

Nae bother.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now you're talking wages as opposed to transfers. Big difference that. They payed nothing for either. I believe they snapped Giggs from the Man City youth system and Becks was a shocking player in the beginning, who cost nothing again. He even spent time with Preston for fcuk sakes. United pay him what they do simply because he worth that and United will always make money from him by having him there. This is a totally different equation Parky.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$10, no problem. Send me your address. Or should I make a donation in your name to your favorite charity? I believe it's called, "Peace in N. Ireland by those that really, really, really don't want peace because otherwise they really wouldn't have anything to talk Movement" (PIBTTRRRWPBOTRWHATTM)? Please confirm.

Golf clubs we're pawned off so Bean Bag could super size his lunch. Life is just not fair.

On the same wavelength,

Buckfast

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky, if all games were testimonials then maybe.. Shamrock what I meant by system was- if you were to look at your list of players you will find they bought most of them "apart from three" on the cheap, according to todays prices! That being my point. Many of todays United players were never even heard of until United groomed them. Teams like Barca and Lazio go for the already established players and leave themselves thin financially and I fealt that was where Parky was trying to make comparisons.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Flake, Once again you are spot on. If the nurse lets you on the computer today, check this one for spelling errors.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go on then, explain to us all why Celtic would win fcuk all if they were in the EPL.

But do it in the Scottish Premier News thread or start a new one.

A moderator could probably sort this out if they weren't so busy moderating chat rooms.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After today's result, Dunfermline 2 Kilmarnock 2, I doubt very much that Hearts will field a full-strength squad versus the Rangers tomorrow.

Hearts have a virtual lock on third place and the Uefa Cup spot that goes with it. As such, they will not risk using three of their top players who would face suspension at the beginning of next year if they receive one more yellow card.

Hearts will pull a Killie and roll-over for Rangers.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Rangers on the 4-0 win against Hearts. It was a pretty boring game with Hearts showing little or no interest in the result.

Parkhead
canseeintothefutureyouknow

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0