Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2004/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very well said, Jinky. It looks a lot like our conversation sounded last night. :D I don't see the Celts going for both of the French midfielders. Financially I just don't think that will be feasible. My only concern is that the players are going to short-term answers. Perhaps that might be good, I'm not sure. Both midfielders are 31(Juninho and Coridon). I believe Hemdani is a little bit younger. I would still love to see Yakin in the Hoops. He is young and has a lot of talent, despite being a bit volatile. Either way, we will win the league this year but the next two weeks will be huge in terms of our CL progression. Right now, we still are not good enough to get out of the group stages. At least we don't have to play and lose a preliminary match. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good start for the currant buns....... :D Can you see a happy Hun? Nooooooooo Nooooooooo.......You know the rest boys.........

Aberdeen 0-0 Rangers

Miller praise for Aberdeen
McLeish bemoans quality
Rangers' rebuilt side suffered a frustrating start to the season as they were held to a draw at Pittodrie.
Croatia international striker Dado Prso fired in a couple of dangerous headers, while Peter Lovenkrands sent a lob just over the bar early on.

Aberdeen rarely threatened in attack, their star man being teenager Zander Diamond in defence.

And Lovenkrands missed two late chances, heading against the bar then having a drive cleared off the line.

Aberdeen had handed debuts to three summer signings - Scott Severin, Derek Adams and former England Under-21 international Noel Whelan - but striker Steven Craig was on the bench.

Rangers' debutants were Jean-Alain Boumsong, Alex Rae, Gregory Vignal and the new strike partnership of Prso and Nacho Novo, with Marvin Andrews being the one made to wait.

Early possession was shared, but Rangers were the more dangerous.

And Lovenkrands should have done better than lob the ball over goalkeeper David Preece and the bar after breaking clear behind the Dons defence.

Prso had his first chance after 11 minutes but headed straight at Preece from 10 yards following a corner.

It took the visitors another 20 minutes to create another chance, Prso's head again providing the danger following a Rae cross and forcing Preece to touch the ball over the bar.

Preece allowed a Vignal cross to slip from his grasp before grabbing it before it squirmed over the goalline.

Aberdeen's first shot on target came in first-half stoppage time, a hitch-kick from Severin flying 18 yards straight into the arms of Stefan Klos.

Rangers winger Chris Burke only lasted a couple of minutes of the second half before fainting and being replaced with Shota Arveladze.

An Arveladze ball across the face of the Dons goal almost provided the opening goal but just evaded Novo at the back post.

Vignal's cross set up Lovenkrands unmarked in front of goal, but the Dane's header powered against the face of the bar and flew clear.

Lovenkrands was also unlucky to see his low shot on the turn cleared off the line by Phil McGuire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen: Preece, Hart, Diamond, Anderson, McGuire, McNaughton, Severin, Heikkinen, Clark, Whelan, Adams.
Subs: Esson, Tosh, Craig, Morrison, Tiernan, Stewart.

Rangers: Klos, Ricksen, Boumsong, Khizanishvili, Vignal, Burke, Alex Rae, Hughes, Lovenkrands, Novo, Prso.
Subs: Graeme Smith, Arveladze, Malcolm, Vanoli, Hutton, Andrews, McCormack.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's your read on Chris Burke?

Well, RF, he might be struggling with fitness issues right now, after fainting today in the game. I hope he is doing okay because that sort of stuff is scary with what has happened over the last few years. Too many players have died in that time during matches. :(

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers winger Chris Burke only lasted a couple of minutes of the second half before fainting and being replaced with Shota Arveladze.

Poor wee laddy. It must have been the heat, Aberdeen is cooking at this time of the year. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, wee Burkie suffered from dehydration. A lot of professional athletes do this all the time. :rolleyes: At least big Eck blamed him for being fair haired......Fanfcukingtastic stuff.......

Hail Hail

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't let the door hit you in the ass..........

Paauwe urges Ricksen to quit Gers

Feyenoord captain Patrick Paauwe has urged Fernando Ricksen to leave Rangers to resurrect his international career with Holland.

The 28-year-old has already voiced his desire to play in Italy or Spain when his contract ends next year and was the subject of a bid by Fulham last season

Feyenoord boss Ruud Gullit also admitted he was keeping an eye on Ricksen for a possible move in the future.

But Paauwe, who is a close friend of the Ibrox defender after playing together at Fortuna Sittard, insists Ricksen must move on to impress new Dutch boss, Marco van Basten.

Thank fcuk for small mercies. Now Clueless Alex will be forced to start Hutton at right back. BTW Alex, send Loverkrands with him.

C'mon the Well.

Buckfast.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 2

Family Club Motherwell 0

Goals from MOTM Jackie McNamara and Chris Sutton were enough to secure victory for the Champions.

The league should be wrapped up by the end of August.

Rangers will be in tough this Tuesday versus CSKA Moscow. They have injuries to three key players and are facing a team which is already 17 games into their season and who spent 14 million pounds to strengthen their squad for the CL.

"Please don't take my Ricksen away!" :p

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Going into the first Auld Firm game of the season next week, Celtic regained the league lead today with a 3 - 1 win over Caley Thistle.

I guess it's a good thing when your team can still win games playing this poorly.

On a funnier note, look to Rangers to cash in on their Bosman defender and saviour Jean Alain Boumsong. Apparently Newcastle want him to replace Woodgate. Rangers will have no choice but to sell him. Probably after the CL qualifier and Celtic game.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently the SPL (aka Celtic Supporters Club) had passed a new rule during the summer. Should make tactics for MOaN a wee bit easier only playing against 10 men week in, week out.

Lennon is a quality fella ain't he?

BTW - nice to see Juninho is gagging to come to Sellick.

Buckfast

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah the Rangers paranoia. You certainly wear it better than us. The only people who actually believe that pish are the headcases that post on Follow Follow. This is the same SPL that forced Celtic to play Rangers less than 60 hours after a Euro tie.
The sending off last week was so justified that even Jim Jeffries agreed it was the right call. Yes, that's right smilin' Jim Jeffries. The moanin' faced git who when asked for a comment after Celtic gubbed one of his sides 6 - 0, replied that they shouldn't have lost because the first goal was offside.
That's the same Jim Jeffries who can't praise Rangers enough everytime he has a microphone shoved in his face.

As for the Jaunjo - Lennon incident today, did you see it? Or are you as I expect simply taking the word of the Follow Follow muppets. The same arseholes who thought Lennon deserved death threats for daring to accept the captaincy of Northern Ireland whilst being a Papist? Yeah, they're a very reliable source of information. And indeed he is a quality fella. I'm glad he plays for the hoops. He's a smart player who reads the game well and who rarely gets caught doing stupid things.

BTW - nice to see Juninho is gagging to come to Sellick.

Like I've said before, I'll believe it when I see him wearing the hoops. However the word is that he is simply finalizing a payout with 'Boro and that he will be availiable to help batter Rangers next week. Sleep tight wee man.

BTW - nice to see Boumsong is gagging to leave Rangers.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 for the good guys
Alan Thompson in the 85th minute makes this Sunday so Eassssssyyyyyyy.
Great start for the hoops and now the Rangers are well on their way to another runner up season. :eek:

Magic

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barca's Saviola to join Monaco on loan

MADRID, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Barcelona's Argentine forward Javier Saviola will play on loan at French Ligue 1 side Monaco this season, the Spanish club announced on their website.

Thank fcuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0