Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Leagues 2001/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's winding you up.

He knows that both teams are onto "a" double.

Celtic however, are onto "the" double.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Hoops thrashed Dunfermline 5 - 0 while resting Larsson and Sutton and oh my goodness, The Govan Chapter 8 select were beaten 2 - 1 by European powerhouses Livingstone!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 against 10?

I'm concerned about this.

I am a great fan of the Scottish Premier League.
However, it appers inevitable the Old Firm will one day soon be playing in a more lucrative league.
No doubt in England.

The game is all about money now and this decision has everything to do with it and the SPL TV contract.
I don't blame the other clubs.
I watched the Dundee St. Johnstone match a bit last night, AND, was stating how nice the flow of the game was.
I'm serious.

I wish the other clubs well on this decision and hope they can make a go of keeping the SPL intact.
But, I don't know if I fancy their chances.

Are we going down the same road as Wales and coming to the point where we will integrate and disappear into the English system, or would it be a good thing for ALL Scottish clubs (not just the Old Firm) to just merge and get it on?

Yours to ponder, RF.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flop!

In advance of Sunday!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Old Firm

Rangers 1 Celtic 1

3 red cards in the dying minutes.
1 for the Huns 2 for the Hoopsters.

Apparently we were ALL OVER YOU FCUKING TWATS. :mad:

That is all.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems like the SPL is a two team league...literally.

Tuesday, April 23, 2002
Gang of Ten to submit resignations
By Roddy Thomson

Scottish football's gang war erupted again as chief Gang of Ten agitator John Yorkston responded to Brian Quinn's broadside by revealing that resignations from the SPL will be formally submitted on Wednesday.
The Dunfermline chairman avoided targeting Celtic plc counterpart Quinn directly - preferring to accuse Parkhead chief executive Ian McLeod of naivety in his handling of the saga over TV income.

Quinn warned that Rangers and Celtic are willing to cut their noses off to spite their faces by refusing to sign up to any SPL deal that does not see them collect closer to the 80 per cent of TV revenues they believe they are due.

But Yorkston hit back in typically colourful language - also introducing his slogan for a post-Old Firm Scottish league.

The Fifers' chief said: 'We will all put our resignations in; we will all word them the same, make sure they comply and all go in together. The future is bright - but it's not orange, and it isn't green.'

Lawyers for the Ten will come up with a uniform wording for their en-masse resignation, with Partick Thistle now firmly in the fold having taken St Johnstone's place.

Yorkston, however, also admitted the real purpose of their plans, stating: 'I think (the Old Firm) will have to come back into the fold; there is nowhere else for them to go.'

The East End Park figurehead realises that the two sides are miles apart in their respective valuations of suitable TV percentages, but added: 'I think the 80-per-cent thing might even change - if you look at what we want to do.

'It is the same model as they have in the Premiership. The pair of them are quite happy to get down there and accept the rules. It is 50 per cent as an equal split of TV money, 25 per cent dependent on your league position and the other 25 per cent based on TV appearances.

'They would get more under that because naturally they would finish nearer the top of the league and they will be on the television more. It probably still would work out at about 40 per cent between them.

'Bear in mind the Old Firm were the first to complain about the lack of competition, yet they want to make it even worse by taking 80 per cent of the money.'

If Quinn escaped personal attack, McLeod bore the brunt of it when Yorkston added: 'I honestly don't think that McLeod at Celtic has done his homework. I don't think they read the papers before they came to the meeting.

'They came back on Tuesday and said that maybe if we accepted this other deal it would work. How can you try to promote something which the previous week he said was a non-starter?

'How the hell do you try to sell something that has got somebody kicking the feet away from you all the time? That is what they have been doing.'

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SPL footballer of the year

CDK: you're really a closet Scot aren't ye?

Hey, seeing as my last "dominating" post got nothing from the legends Capitano and Jinks, maybe this will.

Apparently the Hartson red was rubbish.:eek:

Who's up for footballer of the year?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently the Hartson red was rubbish

RF,

I read that he grabbed Ricksen by the throat with both hands. If that is the case, then I would say he deserved it. Otherwise, I have no comment. I definitely have to say the Rangers have the advantage going into the Final. They will have all their players back and Celtic might have to do without Lambert now. Either way, I am sure it will be cracker game.

Does anyone know time the game starts?

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At Tynecastle, a Celtic side showing 10 changes still proved too strong for Hearts whose hopes of grabbing the final UEFA Cup place ended with Livingston's earlier triumph.

Canadian-born Lynch, making his first start of the season, put Celtic in front in the 11th minute but the Edinburgh side pulled level when Ricardo Fuller sprung the offside trap and fired home from 20 yards.

Four minutes from the end of frenetic first half, 19-year-old Lynch pounced from close range to restore the champions' lead.

Maloney, also 19, made it 3-1 shortly after the break and grabbed his second with 25 minutes to go as Celtic's second-string outfit began to run riot.

Celtic, who face Rangers in next Saturday's Scottish Cup final at Hampden Park, have won 32 and drawn four of their 37 league games this season.

Bucky,

The bet is off. I would like my money before Saturday so I can enjoy the game that much more. Celtic have too many injury concerns at this point in time, so I see the double-or-nothing bet beingMOOT .

Captainwhoiswaitingforanoffthehandleresponsefrombluenosebucky ;)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In winning that game today, Celtic have achieved "The Ton". They have become the first 'Senior' League side ever to record 100 points in a season.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Want ad

Wanted:

Tin pea whistle flute with matching marching drum wanted for rent on saturday morning.
Due to a shortage, green and white toilet paper also needed.

Please PM Rangerforever with any correspondence or inquiries.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HULLO,HULLO, the silence is deafening...
HULLO,HULLO, the silence is deafening...
Up to yer knees in blah, blah, blah,
Surrender or you'll die......
This fcuking silence is deafening.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

Is everything okay at home? You appear to be on edge. You should just relax and accept the fact that a depleted Celtic side will beat Rangers. And if Rangers win, then at least Celtic can use injuries as an excuse. It is a no lose situation, unless you're Bucky. I can't lose money and Celtic can't be expected to beat power house Rangers with 3 solid starters unavailable. Either way, I will be downing a few $3.50 Tenants, to celebrate the win or another birth in the Champions League. ! :p

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 Rangers in Scottish FA Cup final.

Time for some Ranger supporters to rub it in on TTP Celtic supporters... that's if there are any on TTP :rolleyes:

~TB.

PS. Captain, congrats on covering your bets :D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glory, glory, glory......

One word:

Lovenkrands. :)

Busting at the seams with it almost hurting,
RF

Pass the champagne, the pie, and the mushy peas baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0