Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Leagues 2001/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Bobby Dazzler" of a Match

A cracker of a match with the right result in the end. 'Gers had 70% of the play and had the Bhoys on their heels the whole game. Henrik Larsson looked more like Reed Larsson. Not a factor at all in the game.

It would have been 3-0 if Big Amo could have won a head ball against Bobo Balde.

A few pints of Tennents will be hoisted this evening for the boys in blue. Simply the best....................

JR

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations

I pretty much concur with JAGS.

On the day, the better team won. Rangers wanted it more and fought harder for nearly every ball.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Rangers. They wanted the game more and deserved the game. Lovenkrands was a handful but Balde was the best Celt on the park. Other than that, the rest were shite. Rangers fully deserved the win and that is it. There is no excuse for the poor performance. The free kick was diabolical. Where the fcuk was the keeper? It was an average shot that he was out of position for. Once again, congratulations to Rangers. They deserved the match big time. The only good thing was I won a fcukin pool tourney........:)

Congrats lads on the victory. Full marks. Thompson and Larsson were fcuking shite, especially Thompson. Thanks for putting Lubo on the the field O'Neill, you fcuking bollocks........

Captain

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seconded!

BTW, what is the process on Footballer of the Year?
I assume one of the hoopsters will win it (ie. Larsson) but is there a finalization process?
When is it?
Or, has it been decided already?

Daftforever

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Already deciced I believe.

Writers POTY: Lambert (Celtic)

Players POTY: Amoruso (Rangers)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Jinky.

I had heard conflicting stuff on those two along with Larsson.
As usual, you know your shite better than I.

I know Amo had a good year and the rumour was he was a contender, but I'm surprised he got the nod from the players.

Again, like I said before, it's great to have Lambert back in the national side.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast Tonic Whine

Where's King Buckingham these days?

Nothing? Nothing on our amazing triumph over the Parkheedsters?

I know you're in hawk to the Captain man, but C'mon.......

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic humped Leeds Utd 4-1 yesterday in Garry Kelly's testimonial game while Motherwell drew with Chievo 1-1.

Celtic will be playing the English Champions Arsenal next in Tony Adams testimonial.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last seen

Buckfast was last seen last Saturday, leaving a suburban Ottawa bar with a bird under each arm... (not what you're thinking)... they were merely holding him up while his feet slithered along the pavement... I got the impression from the sourse that he is being held captive by two University students off campus...:eek: Apparently by all accounts, he is OK and being taken care of... The birds are known to the OPP, but they do not have sufficient evidence to get a warrent and search their residence... This could go on for a while, rumor has it they two hens are Celtic supporters and they didn't like Bucky's post match celebrations consisting of a rendition of Rod Stewart's "Do you think I'm sexy"!!! Bucky was soo slashed he was doing the dance, but was taking off the shirts of those around him... (hoop tops of course);)

Keeping you lot posted, Guinness

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way Jags,

I thought you did a great job in that Juicy Fruit commercial where dickens_cider smashes your guitar.

Good work fella.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nonsense....

......leaving a suburban Ottawa bar with a bird under each arm...

So he's into dwarfs now is he?

Rumour I heard was that Mrs. Buckfast wouldn't allow him to watch the Cup Final.

It's probably why the 'Gers won.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sassanach Football Association

So, the old firm is off to England.

Rumour is they're going straight to the EPL and not have to play in Division 1.
Rightly fcuking so I guess.
Div. 1 would have been denying the inevitable really.
Rumour is it could even be next year.
I doubt it, but that's some of the rumours.

I've addressed it before, but what do you guys think?

I've got mixed emotions about it.
Some people think it will hurt the national team program, but you only have to look at Ireland to toss that theory oot the windae.
As much as the criticism of the SPL being a two team league, I thought it was still pretty good.
If this goes through I would think there is no question what the best league in the world will be now.

Oh Flower of Scotland...........

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First Steps toward European Super League

If this does take place, I think it has its pros and cons, it won't be soon after that the top Clubs of Europe start serious talk of thier own Super League.
Teams like Man U, Juvi, Barca, Sporting, and Rangers with all the other rich and powerfull European clubs would want to play together where the big T.V. revenues would be and of coarse all the best players of the world.

It would almost be like Champions League, but all year round with each team playing each other, very high profile.

Sounds great, but the small clubs of the world would remain just that, with no TV money, which is a big issue in Scotland right now, and no big name players.

There would be pro futball, the big boys (ManU), and semi-pro futbal, small clubs (Livingston).

Big Debate on this issue

HOSfanciesRangersinEPL:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is this Celtic you talk of

Do they play in Portugal?

They wear green and white, not a very strong team.

I have heard they have a cracker Swedish guy up front.

HOSbleedsBlue

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's unique because there's never really been a situation like this in the past.

We're not talking about one league picking up teams from a defunct league (like when the NBA picked up struggling ABA teams) - the SPL wil still be going on, just without its top two draws. Obviously the immediate effects will be at the box office...The smaller sides relished the home dates against Gers and the Hoops, strictly for the increased attendance for those matches. And those are now gone.

North American professional sports are set up so entirely different that its hard to speculate what might happen based on what has been done in the past. Every major sport has one dominant league and several feeder leagues below it. The thought of the NHL picking up the two top AHL teams to add to the schedule is absurd. So there's not really much to say in that respect.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you Call Atlanta and Columbus

The ridiculas expansion in the NHL, is worse than what may happen in the EPL and SPL, at least the quality of the game will not be a factor like it is in the NHL.

Rangers and the other Big Club joining the EPL is part of the Rich getting richer and the poor clubs just trying to keep thier heeds above water.

Unless you are one of the big 16 clubs in Europe, your done for big trophies or big money. With lots of money to draw players and do the big transfers.

Just like in the NHL where small market clubs do not have the budgets for free agent signings, there are the select clubs that will always compete for Lord Stanley and the others will try and fail for the big upsets.

Salary Caps in European Leagues is not the answer, let the big clubs have thier league, and see what the fans support, one would hope that the smaller clubs still get support and survive.

HOSlikesNucksandGiantsasExample

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0