Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SARS

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this thing an overreaction, or shall we take as many precautions as possible?

I was just driving around the clean, smog free city they call Tainan, and EVERYONE is wearing a mask. Now, don't get me wrong, there is a lot to be caught out there,but, it's hard to take anyone seriously.

I walked into our local Tesco:rolleyes: and stumbled across two workers on their hands and knees scrubbing the hell out of the floor with a toothbrush. The Taiwanese aren't known for their cleanliness, so I just had to ask what the hell was up.

Well, in broken English it was explained to me like this:
"it's SAUCE because"
Translation
"because of SARS"

On a side note...

Mum sent me an email today telling me the latest. "Wash your hands".
"Thanks mum, I'll try to remember".:rolleyes:

Can someone please put some "North American" perspective on this one for me???:confused:

Thanks
+SCwholiveswaytooclosetoHongKong:(

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure I've got it right now.

Go on without me TTP, I'll only slow you down.

cough.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
did somebody sneeze?

For fcuk sakes, my boss left the office today because she heard a kid sneeze. My co-workers said that she was concerned that she would catch SARS :rolleyes:

Jinks, you obviously didn't catch it at work :eek:

+SarsC
:eek:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
?

Forgive my usual level of ignorance but what the fcuk is SARS?

I was in Tesco's at lunchtime until they asked me to leave and reminded me of my probationary agreement.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously Fasty?

Severe Accute Resipritory Syndrome. Very bad pnumonia.

Full of speeling errors and I don't care.

I will never leave you Jinky. Who will spot all the unneccesary posts? TTP needs you. Regs has the cure. He told me.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One case in England...

Fasty, maybe (mabye) you should have yourself checked out...:(

Up to 15 cases in Taiwan, no where near the amount of people that have passed away in Ontario...4 Deaths in British Columbia, all detected back from Hong Kong.

I didn't know that the Asian population was so high in the fine province of Ontario:rolleyes:

BTW Fasty, I guess the BBC has way more important things to talk about. I heard that something was going on in Iraq, but it's not quite clear as to what :eek:

+SC

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBC.....

Surprisingly enough your cute little ailment hasn't made any headlines in this pretty little isle on which I live and, as such, no one seems to be talking about it in any supermarkets. As they wander the aisles, for instance.

I do need to have myself checked out but SARS is the least of my worries.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Fasty, I told you I was cleared so I wasn't the one that passed it on to you;)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tell me you're getting reports now

I just got caught the BBC broadcast and for sure they mentioned your disease.:eek:

One more down in Canada, that's still way more in these parts!:(

BTW Jinky, I'm excited for you;)

+SC

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty...

what's the word over in your world these days? I hear no one should be heading over to Toronto anytime soon. Meanwhile, I'm going to purchase a flight to Hong Kong, for peanuts...:wa:

We went up to Taipei last weekend and EVERYONE everywhere was wearing a mask. I even have some photos of people wearing them at the Beastie Boys outdoor concert :rolleyes:

+SCfree

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
20 long days...

10 long days in quarentine before you leave Taiwan, and ten days house arrest or quarentine in Canada when you arrive. That's the latest.:rolleyes:

Here's the riddle: My friend just got back from traveling Asia and is headed home to Vancouver. In the last three months her passport has Taipei/Taiwan, Honk Kong, Viet Nam, Cambodia, Thailand, and Japan stamped on it.

She's a Brit but lives in Canada, and she'll be lading in the USA before Vancouver. She's filled out so much paperwork, had her temperature checked in every airport and bus station, she also had to walk around Thailand with a card saying "she has a possibility of being infected with SARS". Put it this way, she ain't getting in scot free.:(

(comments please, is this overdoing it, or right on with the extreme measures?)

By the way, all my students think that I am infected with SARS because I am Canadian. So much for the Taiwanese being tagged as street smart :rolleyes:

T=Power, you should check yourself in, didn't you go to Thailand during Chinese New Year?:confused: :eek:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm talking to myself, but I don't care...

More on the latest... A woman in China (just outside of Hong Kong) killed herself because she was afraid that she would contract SARS. Apparently there is a 1 in 4,220 chance of getting it in that area. That's the second suicide from a tall building with SARS being the reason.

A man in Taipei was recently fined $3000 Canadian because he refused to get his temperature taken just after a flight arrived from Hong Kong. In all seriousness, they've raised the fine to $10,000 Canadian, so no one will put up a fuss. I still think a few wealthy businessmen will refuse.

Onto local stuff (Taiwan), my boss is sticking everyone's ear with a thermometer:rolleyes: , at least now the children know that I really don't "have SARS because I come from Canada":p

I must apologize for spelling Quarantine incorrectly:eek:

+SCwhochatswithherself

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rational thought: none.

A woman in China (just outside of Hong Kong) killed herself because she was afraid that she would contract SARS.
Come to think of it, I have a feeling that I may get hit by a bus this afternoon . . . :rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
you can run but you can't hide

Keeps, I can only wish:rolleyes:

I couldn't even talk to the bank teller today, her mask threw me off as well as the gloves...

Looks like our school may shut down for two weeks 'til Taiwan gets clearance from WHO:mad:

I guess I'm getting an unexpected holiday:wa:

+SCwhoisasteady37.c:)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts