Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SARS

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sars.........

Had a pretty bad cold for a few days last week and went to london drugs to pick up a prescription. I was standing in a line of about six people and i started coughing. People parted like the red sea in front of me, i couldn't believe it, people are way too paranoid. Well anyways i said thanks and moved to the front of the line and got my prescription cough medicine and left!!:D :D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's happened to me at MacDonald's

Gong show, I can relate, but in this case I sat too close to another person's table and cleared my throat when doing so. When the sea parted, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the thought of me having SARS, but the thought of sitting next to a person of colour.

+SCwhofacesracismonadailybasis:(

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: it's happened to me at MacDonald's

Originally posted by sexualchocolate
Gong show, I can relate, but in this case I sat too close to another person's table and cleared my throat when doing so. When the sea parted, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the thought of me having SARS, but the thought of sitting next to a person of colour.

+SCwhofacesracismonadailybasis:(

People are so ignorant sometimes man.....brutal...:mad: :mad:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trust me, it's like that here...

On a side note, my immature boss freaked out b/c a kid had a 37.7 temp yesterday. She let out a shreek, moved as far away as possible from poor Irene, scared everyone in the building, and rushed to call the kid's mother. No one comforted the 7 year old, except me, you know, the one with SARS. Talk about ignorance:rolleyes:

If all goes as planned and with two weeks off, I may be hitting Bali or Thailand, a few months earlier than expected:wa:

+SCislovingsars:eek:

something new everyday:rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crap, that's funny...

I drove up to work today and couldn't believe my eyes, my fricken co-teachers (2) were wearing surgical masks. :rolleyes:

How the hell does one teach conversational English through a mask?:confused:

+SarsC:eek:

my temp was a cool 36.7 today :wa:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
new meaning of 'banking'

Not that anyone cares, but this is what happened in the last 24hours... My friend went to the bank in the city (in South West Taiwan four hours away from Taipei) and surprisingly felt a cool metal object being stuck in her ear. The security man at the bank didn't know how to communicate with her in English, so he just went ahead and stuck the thermometer in her ear:D

Situation II - They are handing out surgical masks in the movie theaters and all public transportation buses. Tonight we entered a mall (malls are 12 storey buildings here, go up rather than out) and they were taking everyone's temp along with handing out surgical masks. We three foreigners walked up and they waved us on through. Either they thought we didn't need to be checked or we weren't good enough to be protected from Sauce :rolleyes:

+Scisratherconfusedthesedays:eek:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear you T-Power

Yesterday morning (my Sunday morning) I had to make an inspirational speech in front of 300 high school students. I was paraded into the room, via a different door, but when I looked up I saw millions of masks facing me. I chuckled.

The funny thing, when I had asked the students if I was speaking too quickly many masks were shaking side to side and up and down. I really wish I had a camera to snap a shot of the dizzy sight... oh SARS:rolleyes:

+SCislookingforwardtogoingtoschooltonight:rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
more updates...

A dentist 40 minutes away from my city passed away from SARS the other day. They are not sure how many people may be affected, or how he contracted it.:mad: Pretty scary b/c a lot of people actually seem to go to the dentist here:(

On a side note, the noodle man down the street has SARS, and that is troublesome, considering the thousands of people that buy food from street venders:(

+SCinnoodlefreezone

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FA cup final, SARS style...

Last night we headed out to one of the best night spots around town. (Western II, the bar with a western decore, but specializes in Thai food:rolleyes: )

When we jumped in the cab we were handed masks to wear:rolleyes: . When we arrived to the pub we were handed moist hand-towels, and had our temperature taken.:rolleyes:

After the clearance (36.5 temp), we were allowed to enter the pub, only after we were sprayed down with this hand sanitizer mist crap:rolleyes: .

At least we know that we were in a somewhat healthy environment. Now, if only we could get some of those guys to wash their hands after going to the can:eek:

There's a shortage of masks in Taiwan and a VERY large back-up of surgical masks being held in customs up in Taipei. There's a rumor that the island may shut down completely.:(

+SCwhowasacool35.7today

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 more deaths (40 minutes away)

Total deaths: 51 and growing:(

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
spoke too soon...

disregard the above statement. I was misinformed. The death toll (within 18 hours last reported) has actually risen to 60.:(

There are people in quarantine 3 blocks away from my school and two known SARS cases in the immediate area.:(

I went to McDonald's for my regular Thursday cheeseburger and was stopped at the door. All but the front entrance doors were locked. Apparently you must pass the thermometer in order to order up some grease these days:mad:

I don't know what the next moves are around here, but it I guess it's better to be safe...

Off to the OR, I mean, school!

+SC'scoveredup

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crazy...

16 new suspected cases. 10 Students at the university are also suspected cases.:rolleyes:

I just finished playing hoops at the university and there were guys actually wearing masks on the court:( . The courts are outdoors and it's fricken 32 degrees.

I'm off to work to have my temperature taken, see 80 children in 5 hours, and then return home safely to my SARS free apartment (for now).

T-Power, yes all the foreigners are becoming concerned about this, especially since all of our parents are calling us with their concerns. I happen to know a few more masks and supplies are on the way from Vancouver General:)

+SC:(

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the sky is falling...

In a few days the death toll went up to 71. I'm sure with more on the way.

I'm hearing about 4 deaths in Toronto, just when they thought they had this thing under wraps. What the hell is going on?:confused:

They expect every family in Taiwan to have their own thermometers by Friday. Which means there is going to be a thermometer shortage:rolleyes: Actually it is manditory for people to have their temp taken twice a day. I am actually standing at 3 times a day. Thank god for the bank, the post office, my school, McDonald's and Tesco;)

What's next, mad cow disease?:(

+SC

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
death toll, up and up...

81 and counting:(

Fasty, watch out for that dry cough, it could be deadly!

+SCgoingtowashmyhandsnow

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in....

SARS has been linked to a popular candy....Plesae stay away from the BLUE M&M's, they have been linked to the ongoing problem!!!!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
disgraceful..........

I don't condone this kind of humour. I'm appalled at this, really I am.

Two SARS bugs leave the pub after a big night of drinking.

One turns to the other and says, "bloody hell, I could murder a Chinese."

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. And I thought "Ever hear the one where Fasty was two hours late because the escalator stopped?" was bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0