Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rumors Going on with Teams In The FVSL

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it the Razorbacks are leaving AlouetteUnited next season & are going on there own . ( Possibly taking a couple of other teams from other clubs with them .

Heard also GEU is joining forces with Alouette United ! (Watch out GEU those Head guys in ALU are a bunch of used car saleman!!!
(BackStabbers)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joining forces?

You wish.

Without being a part of Alouette or GEU how do you plan on getting any fields for games or practices?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope

Razor that is definately a piss take. No offence but the majority of GEU are 30 years old myself included and the last thing our club wants to do is start over right now.You guys are gonna need some size if you want to make a go at premier along with more experience.A good example is the top three teams thus far(Pau,Poco,GEU).Maybe Langley or Peg want to join forces with you?:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Piss taking aside, why would Langley want to join forces with them? Langley has a solid foundation and plan in place now.

How much of a "rumor" is it, when the source is the freaking coach?:rolleyes:

Going independent is dumb. Why would you do that? In fact, why would you choose to drop out of Premier last year? Finally, will the club release the rights to the team to you?

Just when I think ALU has done some good things and are living up to some promise, they go and pull another bone-headed move. Why Razor? Why do you play me like this?;)

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN rumour

From the Brown Soccer Banter thread...

Originally posted by Gurps
Things have been quiet around here...so I thought I would mention an interesting rumour that has been swirrling around Scott Road
Word on the street is that GN is attempting to move into Div 1 VMSL?
Any comments?

Anybody from GN care to comment.

Why would GN go to the VSML 1st div. :confused:
Chances of qualifying for the Provincials are greatly reduced going through VSML div 1

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
How much of a "rumor" is it, when the source is the freaking coach?:rolleyes:

Dude believe me it's a piss take.Razor will try anything once(including Gary.C):eek: . If this was to ever happen it would be a disaster and Every GEU player on the team knows that and saw what went on with last years team.Razor I heard a rumour that you guys were kicked out for lets just say being high? And are now desperately trying anything to get a club name to play under? Can anyone confirm I know razor won't.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really?

That's funny. He's making it sound like he's leaving for political reasons, but it is really because they can't be discreet around kids.

Say it with me: bag-of-ham-mers.

All that aside, it will be very interesting to see what happens with the FVSL next year, as far as structure goes. I'm the first to cheerlead the league for it's strengths, and it's players. Having said that, too many guys are going over to the "other" league, and now, it seems teams are too.

If the GN rumor is true, that would be another blow to the league. Personally, I don't see that making sense, but whatever. I've heard some unconfirmed rumblings that SFC has decided to drop its FVSL program altogether, but then, I'm out of the loop there.

So, I put this question out there: What does the FVSL need to do this summer to turn the ship around, and make the Premiership a stronger league?

I think it would be a shame to see more teams leave or fold. The FVSL has a lot to offer players, including the best facilities and fields possibly in the country. What has to happen here? Does the FVSL need to somehow try and lure a couple of the stronger teams over from the VMSL? Could that be done?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alouette problems

It sounds to me like they have been asked to leave instead of asking to leave.
Hope they don't think the league is going to give them a Premeir spot again.
Then again it is the FVSL, anything is possible.

For aguments sake, what would happen if GN went to the VMSL?

Who would fill their spot? What clubs do not have already have a premeir team?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see it happening, myself. If that community wants to get as many teams as possible in the Provincials, they should stay in the Valley. Of course, I've said that before.

They leave? I don't know who comes in to take their spot. Already, the league will be looking to add two more teams to Premier. While they're at it, they'll probably ditch the Cat league.

Here's who I see them possibly putting up there:

ALU
ND Lions
Whaley Storm

Scary. I don't think the Lions are ready. Alouette probably isn't ready. Whaley, as the team is configured now, surely isn't ready (but I know some players will be attracted back to the team who left over the summer because of the problems, if this team gets a premier spot).

I personally think it would be best for the league to plead with the Rangers to keep their core of U-35 players together while the rest of the teams goes over-35, and hand them a spot. This could keep SFC in the league. The players the Rangers will have available for this are quality, for sure. Again, who knows (not me, anyhow)?

On top of this, I think the league should make a strong pitch to one of the better 1st div VMSL teams to move over...maybe one of the teams whom just missed promotion. Probably pie in the sky.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting point you bring up Dude.

I don't know what the make up of the Rangers is in terms of players over 35 (for next year) and players under 35.
What are the under 35 players going to do if the Rangers make the jump to Seniors Tour (might be called Champions tour now? ;) ).

Are the young 'uns going to stay with Surrey City FC as a club, or are they going to jump ship to some other Fraser Valley team that plays a more sexy brand of football and has a chance of winning the league (ie Delta or PAU)?

just wondering

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN Div 1?

I'm not sure where these rumours started from......i haven't heard anyone mention it seriously.....personally i wouldn't want to go to the vmsl just yet b/c i've seen a few div 1 games and the fields they play on are brutal...plus no linesmen...thats kinda dumb i think.....however that being said its still possible that some members of our team are pushing for the move....we just haven't discussed it as a team yet.........cheers

Raiguyisofftomexicoforspringbreak-olasenorita

Drano

Jan 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by girth
Dude believe me it's a piss take.Razor will try anything once(including Gary.C):eek: . If this was to ever happen it would be a disaster and Every GEU player on the team knows that and saw what went on with last years team.Razor I heard a rumour that you guys were kicked out for lets just say being high? And are now desperately trying anything to get a club name to play under? Can anyone confirm I know razor won't.

Funny.....kicked out for being high.........I can confirm that that is not true....

As far as the future of the Razorbacks is concerned, a little birdie told me that the entire Alouette United Soccer Club is disbanding from the youth to the mens programs. Youth programs are to be handed over to the clubs in the district (Poco, Pitt Meadows, GEU, Mission) and the mens was reportadly to be given to GEU to control.

Perhaps everything Razor says isn't coming out his ass...;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are the young 'uns going to stay with Surrey City FC as a club, or are they going to jump ship to some other Fraser Valley team that plays a more sexy brand of football and has a chance of winning the league (ie Delta or PAU)?

I'm probably the wrong guy to ask. But, if I were to speculate (and this would be the very first time I've ever done that:eek: ), I would think that the current premier team would, in effect, break up. Some may play in Vancouver as part of the future Peg / Cat system. A couple my find their way back to a Langley team, one or two may go back with the Storm. No idea at this point. I think it all depends on weather or not somebody wants to take over the Premier program, and keep the team in the Valley.

As for the youth side, it is very strong...

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN status

I hope for the leagues sake GN stays put. They are a young side with lots of talent. The FVSL needs teams like this to stay and be the next generation of teams; replacing the old farts of Poco, GEU and PAU. I have been impressed by GN and hope they stay.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
As for the youth side, it is very strong...

Best part of our side actually.
We'd be nothing without them.
I don't know what's happening next year guys.
Dude is not at all off on any of his comments.
All points have been discussed.
I would like SFC to remain a part of the FVSL.
We have great facilities and some history I guess.
I always felt it was a shame when Surrey United left the Valley.
(Although many would argue they haven't, they just changed their name to PAU) ;)

Time will tell.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours

I hope SFC don't leave, Come on Coach, and Ranger don't let it happen. Same with GN, with Indo and Kahlsa already in, you need a FVSL premier team for young local lads to strive for and develop in. I hope Langley stick around too, not a bad first year, plus there is loads of good langley boys floating around within your own lower div teams. You just need someone at the helm who can pull it together.As for PAU, now that we have ligitimized our club, we won't feel the pressure to win next year and can bring in some of our good young cat players. We have two or three in particular that will be regulars next season.:D

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
stick around

I'd have to agree with cainy, there is alot of good players in Langley playing at the lesser div's. As well, there are alot in the valley already playing for prem. teams. I don't know all the political jumbo going on, but Langley could have a good club if everyone came together. This year was a step in the right direction as far as exposure goes. Langley hasn't had a premier side for awhile. Hopefully the younger guys strive for it. We have one of the youngest cat teams, without them contributing and learning as they did, we couldn't have even competed this year at all. This year was a learning experience and we'll be back and improved next year.

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BIG George

In my previous post I failed to mention big George. He plays with the div 3 or 4 Clones who won their division. Lets just say George brings the average age on our team up quite a bit, but he plays at 10 bells every Sunday morning and then drags his ass to our game and 99% of the time plays a full ninety. Hats off to you George! I might add he is tied in the leading goal scoring department and he plays on the backline. But George you are a pretty big target!

Rigger15

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With regards to AU Razor's issue's I think it is time to set the record straight. First Alouette United is in the process of cleaning up the mess of not having all the other 4 youth clubs in the district support the select program. There has been a number of proposals put forth which include the hiring of coaches for the select teams. A step that would improve the level and quality of players being brought through the program and district. Most Clubs are pissed off that they are not able to field Gold teams and therefore coaches are holding back their better players in fact at the expense of future player development. Secondly, Alouette United is still paying off debts brought into the club by AU Razor and his inabliilty to pay his creditors (just ask Brad at SoccerCity). The men want everything and are willing to give nothing back expecting the youth players to pay for the men. What a joke!!! Finally, AU Razor has been asked to leave the Club as he and his excuse for a coach are nothing more than an embarsement to soccer. For God sake AU retire the boots and keep to doing what you do best, bull shitting and driving the quality players away!!!

The Club has spoken!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0