Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL 2016

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought id start a new topic for this year. Lots of new teams for division 1 (thursday) and division 2 (tuesday)

Blaze 2-1 RIchmond
Metropolitan 4-0 Westside

How'd bingers fare versus campo ??
It was 2-0 for the army nice well contested game to open the season. I think the rrsl is going in the right direction. Who on earth wants to play on the weekends in the summer? What's the take on the yellow balls?

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals actually bought about 12 of these balls for winter season and they seem to hold up well and not really any complaints on the quality of ball, although id like to blame it for a couple of my passes from last night! Glad that campo is going to be competitive it seems the league has turned a corner after a couple seasons, with 5 teams which was really shocking. How many times do you really want to play the same teams right? It was unfortunate that quest dropped out but all the same there are no easy games anymore and it only helps the league grow when teams aren't dropping out because they are getting shelled 8-0.. Not sure why tanoa dropped down either apparently sweeney was saying they looked extremely strong. Maybe they will bounce back and play on thursday again next year. Lots of big games coming up, best time of the year and altogether the funnest footy season for most of us. Who really wants to practice anymore?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
A very nice league. Much appreciated the way and the people who organize it. I highly recommend it to other teams.

Fire it UP

Feb 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Graduates 2 South Delta 1. Nice fast paced game was a tight game all night. Apparently I felt the need to gift a back pass for the winner with 10 to play!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Blaze rally to win RASA Summer League opener

DELTA OPTIMIST
MAY 4, 2016 12:00 AM

RASA Summer League kicked off another season last week with Division One rivals Delta Blaze and Richmond FC "A" squaring off.
The first half was very close with both sides getting chances to take the lead, but it was Richmond who struck first just before the interval on a header by Theo Lorenz.
In the second half,Delta pressed hard for the equalizer and almost tied it when Brad Caldwell broke free in the penalty area, only to see his shot hit the cross bar.
Richmond pushed back hard to extend its lead but Blaze held them off.
It wasn't until 10 minutes before full time when Jimmy Millar struck a low hard drive from just outside the penalty area which foiled Richmond's goalkeeper.
It seemed destined to be 1-1 result when a cross into the Richmond penalty area caused a scramble. Brad Caldwell fell to the ground only to find the ball drop to his side and he hooked in the winning goal.

In Division Two action, defending champions Rino's Originals opened their schedule against Richmond FC's "B" team.
After 20 minutes, Richmond took the lead on a penalty as Mike Revell buried the 12-yard shot into the bottom left corner. Minutes later, Rino found themselves down 2-0 after Andre Riminac fired Richmond further ahead.
In the second half Rino's, pressed to get back into the game and, after 20 minutes, Arturo Sulburan worked his way through Richmond's defence and scored on a low shot to the corner of the net.
Both sides had opportunities to score again but Revell provided some insurance when he fired a shot over the 'keeper to cap a 3-1 win.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond FC 2-2 Campo Atletico
1 red card each, but it was 10 Campo players vs 9 for RFC as injuries depleted the Richmond bench to the point of having no one left to play. Seems like they're hurting a bit for numbers at the moment.

Rino's Tigers 3 - 0 Westside FC
A dominant first half saw the young Tigers lads take a 3-0 lead. 1st goal was a screamer from range, 2nd was a pk, and the 3rd was a beautiful free kick that cleared the wall and dipped inside the near post.

Looking forward to next week's match with Campo so we can try a new tactic of making a substitute every time the ball goes out of play. It's okay because it's part of the rules of the league, and allows us to strategically control the pace of the game.

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta blaze 1-0 Bingers, hard fought game we only had 12 players fit and available which made it tough on us, but we battled hard got a scramble goal in the box and hung on for the win. Good game regardless sweeney did a nice job in the middle. Bingers is always a tough game for us, we rode a bit of luck but didn't give them much in the way for clear cut chances. A much better start for us then last season so we will take it, looking forward to next week versus metropolitan.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know... guys...there is an old saying: "do not poke the sleeping lion"pokingsleepinglions.jpg

I have not brought the persona of Soccer Coach mainly out of respect for the person who is organizing the league. He is a real gentlemen, and we are really appreciative of the work that he does. The guys are enjoying the Thursday games. There is good quality of teams and players. I do highly recommend to other teams to join this league. We also play in the Multicultural League, but there is something to be said about the convenience of the Thursday Night games in the summer and also of the quality of play. So far also the refereeing has been quite experienced.

As for the games, I will no do game reports, but I will point out from time to time if I see ommission of something relevant. So far this is some of the things that have been not mentioned:

a) In both games, Campo has dominated possession and dictated the games. We are please with this because Campo team is a mixed of our Div 2, Div 3, and CAT team as we are still struggling with injuries.

Bingers was against their backs for most of the game. They essentially scored on counter-attacks due to build up mistakes. Granted that they have superb finishers and their goal keeper did a fantastic job. Perhaps one of the better goal keepers that I have seen from Division 1 VMSL.

Richmond barely touched the ball in the entire game. It would not be an exaggeration to state that they had no more than 15% possession. We exhausted them so much from all the chasing that they started to drop from the field one by one. Our players missed a penalty and two open nets. However, they went up 2-0 from a free kick and a missed clearance that gave the ball to the forward.

One of our players got a red card. No arguments with the referee on this one. It was really immature on the part of our player as he criticized the referee in three occasions for silly issues. My apologies to the referee for this one.

We went down to 10 men, but actually this helped our guys as they woke up and pressed harder with one man down, and we finally scored a goal. When our guys caught their defense out of position, and the ball was just cleared by the defender, our player was going to throw in the ball to have a 3 v 1 on them, but the defender who could not get the ball proceeded to grab our player. Red card for them. He walked exhausted from the field. Perhaps this is what he wanted because with the heat they were barely moving. We made it 2-2 with a corner, and then we started to notice that their numbers would dwindle. Our guys pressed but the post and their keeper (very good one) kept the goals from happening.

To be honest, I was expecting a bit of harder games from Bingers and Richmond. Do not take me wrong, they are good teams and have very good players. I just thought that we would be the ones defending and not the other way around.

As for Rinos, I really do not understand what is the obsession over the years with Campo/Campobasso. We are smaller club; there is no need to feel threatened. I really do not know the Rino' guys or who they are. I only have chatted with Blaise, and ironically I like very much they way his team plays. His team and the Burnaby Athletic teams are the two teams which I enjoy to watch from the local scene. Despite their losses in Premier, I think that he is doing the right thing for those players, and they played very well.

Thus, it is nice to have this unexpected opportunity to play them. I always have said that his team and Burnaby Athletic play much better soccer than Campo, so I really do not understand where all this antagonism and dislike from some of the Rinos posters come from.

Is it a bit of the Trump complex of fearing the recently arrived?

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently richmond started with 8 players? which be the reason you enjoyed possession of that amount. The fact they finished with 8 players might also be an issue so I'm not really sure you should be talking about a teams ability with that many players for quite a large chunk of the game. Possession for the sake of position isn't an entirely positive stat, if teams can be effective without possession with good countering well i can think of two teams Leicester and Athletico Madrid who excelled this year using this type of play. One style of play to the other is a matter of personal opinion Don't think anyone is being bias with you concerning match reports at all, but if you'd like to think that go ahead.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for Rinos, I really do not understand what is the obsession over the years with Campo/Campobasso. We are smaller club; there is no need to feel threatened. I really do not know the Rino' guys or who they are.

Soccer Coach said:
I rather have to play Mundiovocat. If we have to play Rinos, then we would have no option that to play everything for a win. If we would lose to Rinos directly, then we would have to hear about it for years to end.

Weren't you the one who showed up at our game last weekend?
I'm pretty sure the obsession is yours.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently richmond started with 8 players? which be the reason you enjoyed possession of that amount. The fact they finished with 8 players might also be an issue so I'm not really sure you should be talking about a teams ability with that many players for quite a large chunk of the game. Possession for the sake of position isn't an entirely positive stat, if teams can be effective without possession with good countering well i can think of two teams Leicester and Athletico Madrid who excelled this year using this type of play. One style of play to the other is a matter of personal opinion Don't think anyone is being bias with you concerning match reports at all, but if you'd like to think that go ahead.
No. They started with 10 players, and then the 11th player joined in the 5th minute. Then more players arrived from their team, but we exhaust them so much that they started to drop like flies towards the end. I grant it. It is not fun to play when you do not have the ball and the other team is having all the fun with the ball.

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not trying to call you a liar but I've heard from 3/4 people that richmond started and ended with 8. So someone somewhere can not count. Not that it's a big deal, a little embellishment to help out a game report isn't out of the norm.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts