Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 results from div. 1 B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska 2-2 Lobbans

Captain Shamrock
Polska 2-1 Lobbans (a cheap penalty will decide this tight match)
Altough they were awarded a penalty half way through the 1st half it was no cheap call. We literally mollested the guy in our own box! Easy call for the ref (Angelo). Near the closing of the 2nd half they were a man down after frustration got the better of their left half as he lashed out with a kick at one of ours. No other choice than an instant red! Polska came very close right at the end of the half with a laser that was tipped onto the bar and came staight down on the line. In the 2nd we were awarded a pk, which I failed to score off of, but fortunately the little brother was there to slot the juicy rebound. Their second goal was from a very unkind deflection which was remeniscent of Paul Parker for England vs Germany in the semi finals World Cup 90,-the one which looped over Shilton. The easiest call that wasn't given in the match was a handball not awarded to us in the box. There should've been no question, but the ref giving the old "he hadn't done it on purpose" excuse, let Polska of the hook!:mad: With the defenders arms spread as wide as possible as it made full contact with his arm he should've been punished!! Thanx Angelo? We then had a goal ruled offside which was another interesting call as our player crossed the ball from 6yrds off the goal line only to have our player meet it at the back post at about the 5 as he RAN ON to it!:confused: Thanx again Angelo?? Again another hand ball in their box could've easily been awarded as their defender fell on the ball and made clear contact with his arm. Our second goal came with about 15 left and from there they left the 3points on a platter as we pressed and came close right near the end, but perhaps just ran out of time. On a side note- Polska our an exceptional team and though we're happy with the point we still feel a little unlucky with a couple of missed PK calls and an unfortunate goal at the other end! Apart from the big forward and the coaches son who have absolutely no class full marks to the rest of Polska, Cheers-IB..

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One last thing in which I failed/forgot to mention, was that Polska pressed us harder than any other team especially in the opening 30. It's a shame we have to play on the same day as when Polska meet Croatia in 2 weeks. By the way Shamrock what up with the Ires camp? I thought there were possible new signings this year and with John up front your always capable of scoring. A little shocked at the Bosna result! Cheers!

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
good eye sash!

Thanks 4 that tid bit SL. I'm well aware of the typo's. It's partially due to 2 things. 1)- hadn't had my morning brew(tea) and, 2)- still thinking about my peno miss yesterday, which has left me in a bit of a zombie like state...! Promise to make less mistakes in the future, and congrats on your(not you're) win on the weekend. It had a few of us surprised, what about you? My predictions were a little off this weekend. I thought "David no pass Glass" would've done his thing, as well I was shocked at the Bosna vs Ires result.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector,

I was surprised too because I believe Bosna is the worst team we have played this year. As I mentioned, we are killing ourselves right now. Every mistake we are making is being punished and we are not capitalizing on our opportunities. Both of their goals in the first half were completely against the run of play. In the second half, we didn't leave their half and managed to score with about 20 minutes to go. We then missed two sitters in the next five minutes, only to have them score on a free kick(three yards from the end line about 3 yards outside the 18). I thought Club I Champ was off his line too far but perhaps he can comment on it. Either way, a very frustrating game to be a part of. If we can cut down our mental errors, we can compete with any team in the division(at least the teams I have seen). Let's see what this weekend brings......

Captain

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
early predictions for week 7

Norburned 0-5 Polska (nighty night)

Lobbans ?-? Van. Olympics (no comment)

Point Grey 1-2 Club Ire. (might check this 1 out. Come on Ires.)

Norvan 3-1 Bingers (or a complete blow out:D)

Croatia 9-0 Bosna (perhaps the biggest mismatch ever)

CoolGuy

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector

Luv the comments..

wuts ur prediction for the Polska / Croatia game?

Wuts ur opinion that Div 1B being much tighter and harder than Div1A

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CG, my prediction for the Polska vs Croatia game in week 8 would be that it could go either way. Though if I had to pick a winner I'd take Croatia simply with discipline being the deciding factor! As for which side, "A" or "B" being the more difficult? I'd say AFC will win A quite comfortably whereas in B, you've got 2 or 3 teams that could win the division. I'd prefer to be in the B side, but if you took away AFC then perhaps I'd prefer to be in the A side. What are your views on the 2 sides, and who's your money riding on between Polska and Croatia?

CoolGuy

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who the heck is AFC? Never really heard of them.
Polska / Croatia, no comment, too tough to call. Depends on who plays and who cant I guess

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions week 7

Norburn vs White boots White boots win 5 nill
Lobbans vs Oly's ?
Pt. Grey vs Ires Tie written alll over it 2-2
Norvan vs Doogies crew 3-0 only because Pingers will frustrate
Crotia vs Bosna 5-1 lots of red cards
The Ghost:D

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia will stroll through this division. I thought they might lose a game or two in the first 5 weeks because they were missing some important players....they won't lose a game now.

:cool:

Sep 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norburn0-3 Polska

Point Grey 1-2 Club Ire.
(gut check time for men in green)

Norvan 5-0 Dingdongs
(Back down to earth for dingers)

Croatia 0-1 Bosna (Abandoned)
(lack of love & discipline here causes massive brawl, Bosna awarded points & Croatia deducted 3 points......oh wouldn't that just take the cake)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
People, people, people,

Croatians and Bosnians get on well. Their players have played with our players in the past and many of the older Bosnians still play with Croatia in the Over 50's team. In the mid-90's a Bosnian was coaching Croatia and I'm sure Bronco will tell you he was best coach he's ever had, or one of them anyway.

Sure there are a couple of regions in Bosnia where Croats and Bosniacs fought each other for a short time and hatred in those regions still run deep today but, I don't see any thing getting out of hand this weekend.

8-0 for the Croats.

Goals,

Tommy Babic 10'
Johnny Sulentic 20'
Johnny Sulentic 28'
Tommy Babic 46'
Johnny Sulentic 50'
Tommy Babic 55'
Johnny Pashalidis (sp) 62'
Dario "square head" Kuna 70'

Note: After the 8th goal is scored, Croatia will just knock the ball around the back for the rest of the game.

It'll be the cleanest game Croatia will play all season. :cool:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norburn 1-1 Polska

1st half was all Norburn, who capitalised on a lucky bounce which left their striker free at the top of the box with noone around to slot home. Good finish from 18 out! Polska came out strong in the second and got their equalizer which came from a great pass that left for an easy finish in close. Rene did an exceptional job in the middle even though Polska will feel a little hard done when he ruled a goal away due to a push on the Norburn keeper. Although Norburn's keeper went down on his own, he was kept down by a Polska player. A gutsy, but good call by the ref! Polska also hit some woodwork halfway through the second, but over all a fair result as both teams pressed for the winner. And more important a great result for the top teams:cool: Polska, who have only managed 3 points from their last 3 games will be hungry to get back on track when they meet Croatia next week. A big weekend coming up :D

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREDICTION TIME

Bosna vs Pt.Grey 1-3 Pt.Grey moves up from the bottom

Club I vs Norvan 1-2 Sorry Club I, I do hope you win

Van Oly vs Norburn 3-2 It's on grass Greeks get the adv

Pinger's vs Lobbans ?

Polska vs Croatia 2-2 Crappy field doubt they will play

The Ghost:D

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bosna 2-0 Point Grey (PG sinking ship-JUMP!!)

Club I. 1-0 Norvan (Shamrock, sort it!)

Van. Oly's 1-2 Norburn (Norburn impressed last week)

Bignerds ?-? Lobbans

Polska 1-4 Croatia (terrible def. + 1 suspect keeper = 0 pts.)

IB:cool:

Sep 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I - 2vs Norvan 1 (Shamshocker????)

Van Oly - 2 vs Norburn 3 (Norbuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrnnn I hope)

dingdong's vs Lobbans

Polska vs Croatia (tie or polska win & thats it)

Bosna - 6 Pt Grey - 6
(Hear the high rollers from the westside don't even practice???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts