Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 results from div. 1 B

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Xmas Party

Captain,

We should get together and have an exhibition game sometime just before Xmas. We could just give each other gifts all evening, like we each seem to have been doing all year in our respective groups.

It would make for an interesting game to watch me thinks;)

Daz:eek:

SashiLalu

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
reeling...

No, Sashi has not been earning his keep. on the field that is... (goal-less in 4 matches, not acceptable)

I missed two matches (Croatia and Norburn) and returned to an awful loss to Polska and then last week helped to contribute to our lowest moment yet in the lofty ranks of Div.1B. Having said that, we thoroughly deserved to lose. Olys were just too fit and fast and forced us up the middle where we turned over too many balls. The better side won... it's too bad they are such a bunch honourless twats... especially the crooked bandly-legged brothers up front and their pet-goon, that cro-magnon of a goalie.

So the army, weak at the knees, is hoping to be saved by the Christmas bell. Already there is talk of nails in coffins and the like. Not undeserved i might add. But there is fighting spirit in us yet. At least when we see the schedule affords us some games against some of the weaker sides in 1B. But if we don't win these upcoming games, we don't deserve to be in 1B.

-SL.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nov 29/30 predic's

Club I. 3-1 Van. Oly's (J.L. with the brace and Parks with a helper)

Lobbans 2-0 Norburn (a comfortable win for the boys)

Point Grey 2-2 Polska (just hoping)

Bring'hers 2-2 Bosna (single point will move Bingers from last to..)

Norvan 2-1 Croatia (once again-just hoping)

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans 0-0 Norburn

Would rather not talk about it except to say - tying Norburn is like having to watch Leeds vs Charlton at 7am. Just nasty!!!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Olys 2 Club I 1

I only managed to catch the second half.

Apparently two more brain farts caused the Oly's goals and to say the least, that doesn't surprise me.

Club I certainly took it to them in the second half but simply didn't get the bounces. Parkhead got Blakey's predicted helper but unfortunately the new Chaisson didn't bag the brace.

There are too many problems with the Hoops onfield performance to list. Can't win in Richmond for starters.

Oh well the winter break can't come fast enough.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Bingers!!

Well done to the purple army. 5-0 WOW!!! Seriously though, I always knew you had it in you! What I meant to say was, Sashi I always knew you had it in Boogie:eek: Well done ladies.......;)

SashiLalu

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Army 5 - Bosna 0

yeah, WOW, i guess...

i wish there was more to say, but the game was a bit one-sided. the score flattered Bosna, who i am sure were missing some of their better players. i sure hope so. but having a full lineup sure helped us. if we could get that kind of turnout on a regular basis we just might win a few more...

-SL.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still Strugglin

Things are not well in the Club I camp right now. We just can't get anything going. We continue to shoot ourselves in the foot with mental mistakes that always seem to end up in our net. On Saturday it was no different, As our midfielder tried to pass the ball across the back it went right on to an Olympics players foot and he was in alone with the goalie and made no mistake. Second was simply a lack of marking as the guy ran down the sideline cut in and shot the ball. Haltime we were down 2 and they way were playing deserved to be down by a lot more. Second half was completely different as we took it to them. Got one back on a peno, but we could not finish our dinner again in front of the net. The chances were there but lack of finish to say the least.

I never thought I would be wishing for the Christmas break. But this year I belive it is coming at the perfect time for our club.

Parkheadgettingmoreandmorefrustratedwitheachpassingweek

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of the cellar

I.B.,

Glad you missed me. Xmas shopping has really eaten up my ttp time.

One win and now we are 3 points out of 5th. Wow! Shocking to get such a blowout win with the shite we have been playing of late. Should make for a spirited scrimmage tonight.

Parkhead's frustration could last through the weekend if we get a full lineup out again.

Is the snotty Captain off his death bed? Looking forward to this weekends tilt with the Ires.

Boogienights

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is the snotty Captain off his death bed?

Never. I'll be snotty and on my death bed for the rest of the season until retirement. Then I'll just be snotty. Thanks for the concern though. I'll see you on the weekend, Boogie and company. You guys shouldn't have a problem beating us since our fcuking management cancelled training last night, despite the fields being open. Nice. Our women were out practicing at the same facility and there were no men to be seen. Sad really. But that is why we are fighting for our lives to avoid relegation. Not enough committment from enough of the players. BTW, where is the game this weekend? Is there an alternate field if that one happens to be closed?

Captainwhoistakingasickday

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Side B Lomas

Is Club I the Lomas of Div 1B??

Three in a row and counting.....

LeanRUFChasn'tlostsincemyinjury,veryinteresting:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean,

Quite possibly. We have giving wins away, so it wouldn't surprise me if continued our current streak. Hopefully, it won't but I wouldn't be surprised if it continues until the break. :(

BTW, I'm still waiting for my $50 you promised me for your tainted win in the Survivor pool. :D

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And you will be waiting a while

Ginger hasn't returned from the UK with my loot yet;) ;)

You guys better start keeping the ball out of your net or Parkheads frustration could send him over the edge!!! That can't be a pretty sight:eek:

LeanthinksthecaptainshouldbeconcentratingontheChampionshipnow

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

Our women were out practicing at the same facility and there were no men to be seen. Sad really.

Two reasons for that .... 1) commitment, even if some were in LALA land last night!and 2) our coach is dedicated to us and the importance of promotion to our womens side. Hard nose bastard!!!:D

Glasgow Ghirl
PS.... Lean, how's the leg pal? and I'm sure its just a fluke the boyz are winning now that you're injured ... cause god knows it's not skill!!!! Take care.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fluke eh???

GG...this was our plan all along. We were a little heavy in the back line department (too many defenders, no one to score and run up front). Heck, they even stuck my tall, slow ass up front (two goals mind you). With lean injuring himself, Jarvie in Hawaii or with the sniffles, and Will in the old country, I got to go back to a fullback position and restabilize the fort at the back ;) :p . Hence, no losses since Lean's mishap (sorry Lean :rolleyes: ) Anyways, RUFC could care less who's injured, AWOL, etc. As long as the wins keep rolling in, we're a happy bunch who still manage to bust the "odd" jig at the Dew once in a while...actually, still trying to break that habit.

Nomorelossesfortherestoftheseason,

Klaus

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Klaus,

I thought the wins were a result of someone taking one for the team.........................Lean vs DCR = Win........****er vs Lomas = Win........................who's next:rolleyes: Prove me wrong please with a win vs Wicks if yah don't mind!

Anyone care to comment on the the Polska team this year? They were CAT last year and seem to be doing quite well on there own this year.

Iwillbetapinganklesafterthisshout,

John

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll see you at training tonight Klaus

Ouch, I thought I was the "Gipper" for RUFC which has led to the motivation for going on the winning streak;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now Klaus go back to your own thread....and before you say anything about me being here, I'm on the IR which doesn't tie me to any division (its in the rules)

Back on topic, it could be a six way battle for relegation with a couple of interseting results. Who is it going to be that comes away from the pack and claims that spot for themselves?? Club I, are you up to the challenge??

LeanhasacrutchfroKlaustonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0