Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 results from div. 1 B

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREDICTION TIME

Lobbans vs Pt.Grey 4-1 Lobbans regain form after last weeks disaster
Norburn vs Club I 2-2 just seems to be a tie
Bosna vs Norvan 1-4 Who will show up? Norvan should win
Polska vs Van Oly's 2-3 Two similar teams
Croatia vs Pinger's THE HUMPS GET THUMPED! 6-0
The Ghost:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking brilliant......

Club Ireland 2 Norburn 0

The first shutout of the season for the lads in the Hoops. Probably because the Captain wasn't there but 3 points nonetheless. I can't say much else except beating Norburn on their turf field is a fcuking great result for the boys. Well done, lads. I'll wait for Club I Champ or Parkhead to come into Richmond so we can have some beers to celebrate a good day for the first teams of our men and women, and of course Celtic and Portsmouth.....

Captainwhoneedsacoupleofbeerstogowithhisantibiotics

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Club I.

Captain, antibiotics are for kids. Real men tough it out...it strengthens your immune system and makes you invincible, like me.:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know, CDK, that is why I'm on antibiotics. :) The blood in the flem is still a concern though.....:confused: I'm sure a few Budweiser will help get the flem back to normal. :rolleyes:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes

A much needed victory yesterday for us at Club I. After a terrible start to the season we have begun to turn things around. Too bad it took us to the half way point of the season but nontheless it is good to get a couple w's under our belts. Yesterday's match with Norburn was pretty even with us missing numerous chances in the first. With them having a lot of possion in the second but never created anything significant. I thought Walks did a good job in the middle of the park except for the blown offside call against us. Which at the time would have made it 2-0 a lot sooner than it took us to get the second. Even the Norburn defender said that was an interesting call, but we will take it. So I figure you owe me atleast a pint Walks.:rolleyes:

On to Croatia next week.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The field is okay. We don't have showers. We don't believe in them. We just like to share team cologne after the match(Brut), as we find it works better than the traditional shower. No, we don't have any shower facilities. There are showers around the corner at Sportstown and Saunas. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
this weeks pred's

Van. Olympics 2-1 Bosna SC (uneventful, though Oly's for the win)

Club I 2-2 Croatia (Club I on a roll, almost get the 3pts)

Point Grey 1-3 Norburn (Glass can't make it for lack of bus funds)

Clingers 0-4 Polska (this could be a drubbing)

Norvan 1-3 Lobbans (should have everyone back for this one)

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Vcr Oly's vs Bosna 3-1 still have no respect for Bosna
Club I vs Croatia 2-1 Club I surprises
Pt. Grey vs Norburn 3-2 It's on grass
Pinger's vs Polska 1-1 ?
Norvan vs Lobbans 1-3 Lobbans find the net

By the way where are the Subway boy's?
The Ghost

:D

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nightmare At King George

Croatia 7 Club I 3

This scoreline flatters Croatia.

Three complete ****ups by myself resulting in a 3-nil lead at half.

I didn't watch much of the second half, I was busy counting how many pints I let through my hands at that point.:rolleyes:

Goals coming one after another it seemed like in the second half. We would pull one back, and next thing you know, a quick goal off the restart just killing any momentum we had created.

The others will fill you all in.

CIC

CICwhoapologizestotheladstoday,myheadwasn'tinit:(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it was all about angles. :) At the end of the day, Parkhead left with some 22 year old bird. I can't deny it but she had a great set of knockers. I'm not sure how he did it but he did. Apparently she was blind.........

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dreaming....

It was definetly about angles yesterday at King George and we as a club did not have any of them covered. Yes three goals in the first half were complete mistakes. CIC .... happens too bad but we were still in the game in the second half and found other ways to shoot ourselves in the foot. It was truly a bizarre game yesterday with ten goals being scored and there probably could have been a few more. Crotia took advantage of our mistakes and took the three points. Simple as that really.

Parkhead ilovethosedreamsandhopeihaveanotheronesoon ;)

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cro vs club i

...and the three goals you guys scored weren't from mistakes on our part??? gimme a break!! i hate to break this to you, but the reason most goals are scored, is because someone on the opposite team makes a mistake. true, your goalie should have had atleast two of the first three, but it's a team game.
if we played again next week, i think the game would have have been a lot closer, but that's the way it goes. fcuk...if our whole team wasn't sloshed against polska we would still be undefeated. tough shite...we were, and we lost. no excuses.

full marks to club i though. good team, good soccer, and good guys....so...good luck the rest of the way!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and the three goals you guys scored weren't from mistakes on our part???

Of course not, Darkmeat. Two of our goals were world class build-ups and we scored on a free-kick. ;) When you spot a team three goals like we did, it is an almost impossible road back. I think our keeper will admit that he should have saved all three goals but the second one was definitely a nice gift from one of our full-backs. It was a pretty clean game and the ref did a good job. No excuses on this end. We were beat by a better team on the day but we certainly didn't help our cause. Good luck the rest of the way, gentlemen. We'll see if we can do you a favour next week and try and take some points off of Polska, if the game goes.

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a pretty clean game and the ref did a good job. No excuses on this end. We were beat by a better team on the day

Darkmeat this is exactly what I thought about the game!! I guess in my earlier post it did not come across that way. Good luck the rest of the way.

On to Polska next week. On Sunday though, Fcuk do I hate playing on Sunday's.:eek:

Parkhead

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
if games are on

Van Olympics 2-1 Bigterds (this could be the final nail)

Norburn 1-2 Norvan (tight at times and boring as hell at others)

Bosna 1-3 Lobbans (better line up=better results)

Polska 1-1 Club I. (just how I see it!)

Croatia 4-2 Point Grey (P.G. may put a scare in, but otherwise a routine 3pts for Croatia)

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREDICTION TIME(Snowfall WARNING)

Van Oly's vs Pinger's 3-1
Norvan vs Norburn 3-0 Cake Walk
Bosna vs Lobbans 1-4 Offence comes alive
Polska vs Club I 3-1
Croatia vs Pt.Grey 6-1 Croatia scores 4 in second half

The Ghost:D

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bosna 0-3 Lobbans

Lobbans very good for the win. Bosna had a peno which was saved and 2 goal mouth scrambles which could've resulted in goals, but Lobbans still having some major problems infront of goal. Could've/Should've was the same old story, but we pulled out the win so no worries. Realistically, the score was flattering for Bosna. Mauriscio(sp) is by no means the top referee in VMSL, though he did do okay. Just saying he could've done better. Can't believe he asked myself "did we want to play the game because they(Bosna) wanted the game cancelled due to a player or two missing". They had more players than we had! That was a first!! I'd take Rene or a couple others over him any day.:( The new formation was looking good today. :cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska 2 Club Ireland 0

Overall, we played a decent match today. We had a few good chances at half-time and apparently their coach gave them a tongue lashing which would have made Mike Keenan proud. :) The second half was pretty much the same. The donkey ref gave them a penalty, which I thought was VERY weak. Our keeper almost saved it. We then had several chances as they were content to sit back and look for a long lump up the field for a counter attack. Their second goal came on what else......a giveaway by us. We still took it at them but we could have played another 2 hours and not scored a goal. Disappointing result but a good effort from the boys in the Hoops today. On to the Olympics next week.....

It was nice to chat with a few of the Lobbans boys after the match. Cheers, lads.

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0