Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Regional Tier 3 League

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why should a tier 2 mean BCSA dropped the ball? This BC league is meant to be third tier. Exactly how it's being marketed. The issue may be who signs up for the tier 2 and thus not sign up for tier 3 but maybe not. It was meant to be a third tier, not tier 2.

Dropping the ball, as @Regs stated, but demanding all sorts of stipulations that turned away potential members, and by failing to adjust and execute to the mandate. I agree with your next post on focus of each division, 100%. I'd love to see that.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dropping the ball, as @Regs stated, but demanding all sorts of stipulations that turned away potential members, and by failing to adjust and execute to the mandate. I agree with your next post on focus of each division, 100%. I'd love to see that.

gotcha, yep. makes sense.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are we still relying on the university players?
They have enough of a hard time fitting in as top players in the Valley??
All leagues around the world use there local players. Deplete the shite out of the VMSL and FVSL and VISL premiere teams of there players. This is where we keep making mistakes. Local players that have the desire to play. For this league to work that is where the players need to come from.
Let amateur soccer finally really be amateur. Ontario is doing it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are we still relying on the university players?
They have enough of a hard time fitting in as top players in the Valley??
All leagues around the world use there local players. Deplete the shite out of the VMSL and FVSL and VISL premiere teams of there players. This is where we keep making mistakes. Local players that have the desire to play. For this league to work that is where the players need to come from.
Let amateur soccer finally really be amateur. Ontario is doing it.

This.

Also, here is the reality: only a small sampling of guys coming out of Uni are actually ready to play in even the VMSL or FVSL Premier divisions. I assume same applies to the VISL and their top-down divisions. Most most uni players coming out in the Lower Mainland are able to step in at the Div. 1 level or lower, TBH, and most don't advance past that. So, if ThiKu's post and Utah's here are implemented, the Tier II / III thing stands a chance, IF the Tier II is focused on the outright best players not playting CPL or higher. There is a very good pool of players right now, so..stands to reason it would indeed work if (massive IF) the politics and nitpicking don't get in the way.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bump - Starts May 2022

Surprised this hasn't come up yet. Presented last week. 7 mens, 7 womens per 'franchise' to start. Run by BC Soccer.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't find any news on this. Will Langley FC have a franchise? Too soon?

Is it just me or with more than a year to go, 7 seems like a really low/odd number of teams?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is why no one wishes you a happy birthday anymore...

I didn’t catch why they settled on that particular number, I can only assume it’s from early doors interest?? there is no club franchises from what I understand. This will be independent ownership and money. Standards based. “Stadium” style complex, location, investment strategy etc. Billed as semi professional with hopes of “selling” player contracts in the mix.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering CPL teams can barely sell their players, good luck with that idea for a lower quality regional league.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
May just be the overall creepy vibe, @Regs . "The Move" hasn't aged well. You need to stop doing that in public.

This will definitely change the landscape of the big three Amateur Premier leagues as we know it. Question is, how much?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
May just be the overall creepy vibe, @Regs . "The Move" hasn't aged well. You need to stop doing that in public.

This will definitely change the landscape of the big three Amateur Premier leagues as we know it. Question is, how much?
Why? It’s run May to August to avoid conflict.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Except clashing with Provincials... or would these clubs actually work with the winter teams to avoid conflicts unlike a certain USL2 team?
Why couldn't the locals league adjust their schedules to move Provincials up? So many turf fields now, I'd think with maybe a couple fewer games and the availability of pitches, you should be able to have everything done and dusted by April 15th, no?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why couldn't the locals league adjust their schedules to move Provincials up? So many turf fields now, I'd think with maybe a couple fewer games and the availability of pitches, you should be able to have everything done and dusted by April 15th, no?

No.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0