Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Regional Tier 3 League

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't say it kicked off May 1, I just said it set to start in May 2022. They made a point (a few times) of saying it was not going to conflict with the Adult format. Take that anyway you wish.

I forgot about this post...is this something you know, @knvb ? Will BCL1 operate in alignment w/ allowing Adult Provincials to complete? It seems like the obvious answer that makes the most sense for all stakeholders, but we've seen too many decisions that work against too many stakeholder interests.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So now all the teams are known and on the surface, only Altitude FC is not really affiliated with a "known" entity (Faly FC aside).

3 "Pro" clubs
Whitecaps
TSS
Highlanders

3 Universities
Unity FC
Rivers FC
Varsity

Kinda want to say WTF was with the whole community aspect point and cutting out any current "clubs" from forming a team in this league.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
So now all the teams are known and on the surface, only Altitude FC is not really affiliated with a "known" entity (Faly FC aside).

3 "Pro" clubs
Whitecaps
TSS
Highlanders

3 Universities
Unity FC
Rivers FC
Varsity

Kinda want to say WTF was with the whole community aspect point and cutting out any current "clubs" from forming a team in this league.
$$$$

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the people in charge tried to create a league with a certain misguided set of ideals, including incredibly stupid naming conventions, but had to pivot when there weren't enough "investors" to create new teams to launch the league.

Why at that point reached out to University based teams as opposed to community ones... who knows.

SoccerDaD14

Jan 22, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Basically they have given us a summer USports league? how much interest will there be in this? Even the Usports fall league doesnt attract a lot of interest.......I understand that this will be semi-pro but that also excludes all NCAA players from participating. Is this the same for Ontario and Quebec leagues, are all the teams afffiliated with schools/academies.......Not what I was expecting.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Basically they have given us a summer USports league? how much interest will there be in this? Even the Usports fall league doesnt attract a lot of interest.......I understand that this will be semi-pro but that also excludes all NCAA players from participating. Is this the same for Ontario and Quebec leagues, are all the teams afffiliated with schools/academies.......Not what I was expecting.
I've said it for years.
Instead of starting a "New League", where new teams have to be formed & sponsors found with deep pockets, it would have made more sense to take the top league in BC, where the better teams are already established & slowly make changes to make the league "More Professional".
Introduce gradually, standards that have to be met by all teams, including playing venue's (Stadiums), training facilities, Marketing etc.
The progress might be slower, but it's been tried before & clubs have folded because of the massive expense from the beginning.
A gradual improvement would stand a better chance of survival imho.
That being said, I wish them every success & hope that this new league grows & prospers.

soccerstar

Aug 29, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've said it for years.
Instead of starting a "New League", where new teams have to be formed & sponsors found with deep pockets, it would have made more sense to take the top league in BC, where the better teams are already established & slowly make changes to make the league "More Professional".
Introduce gradually, standards that have to be met by all teams, including playing venue's (Stadiums), training facilities, Marketing etc.
The progress might be slower, but it's been tried before & clubs have folded because of the massive expense from the beginning.
That being said, I wish them every success & hope that this new league grows & prospers.
It makes more sense to start fresh with no baggage and old politics from existing leagues. My League My Terms My People. BC Soccer did smart move here to Bypass the current league and drain the swamp at their terms. Just my observation - doesn't mean I am liking it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've said it for years.
This makes perfect sense in theory, and in fact it's singing from the same song sheet I've been singing from.

The fatal flaw is in the leadership of the top 3 leagues, and if they don't want to work together, this dies on the vine before it starts.

The FVSL is going through a massive overhaul right now to (it appears) be in lock-step w/ the Tier 3 league. Meanwhile, one of their top clubs, Coastal, moves into the VMSL and is currently sitting 2nd. I see Abbotsford doing well at the top of the FVSL with games in hand, and wonder if they are even playing in the right league with their best interests in mind.

It's a shite show.

So, although I agree with you, @Jigsaw , holistically, the reality is @soccerstar is bang on. The baggage here is the problem. Not necessarily the infrastructure, and certainly not the talent w/ in the leagues.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think there would've been too much baggage.
The BC League could've approached the top 8 teams locally and offered them a spot.
FVSL or VMSL would not need to be in the loop. I am sure most top clubs would have given it a go if they were approached and a plan was in place.

SoccerDaD14

Jan 22, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least with the top league you know that they would have been bringing in the best players to try to make their teams stronger. With all the teams tied to Universities not sure they will expand from their fall rosters at school? Do these teams have financial backers outside of their University's. I understand they may not have any paid players involved......

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point on the paid players part?
I agree with the strong clubs having better players. Plus they would only need to make a few additions if any at all. The new teams like Fally, I see them needing to bring in 20 new players.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts