Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Refs

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flavor country

He smokes those damn things in Surrey's changeroom after he lines one of our games. I go home smelling like a fcuking ash tray. I hope he does the Surrey/Peg game this weekend I'll send him over to see Slappy.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top man

Those cubans aren't that bad??? Mr. Bell hangs out beside the door and besides the rancid stank coming from the Fags others puff on are much worse!!! Give the man a break, he walks up and down the sidelines at least twice a half, don't you think he earns a few pints and a cuban???
BTW, Stew that was on fire, nice post mate!!!;)

Guinnesshappywhenhesee'soldalecbeforeamatch!!!:D :D

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who assigns the refs for the Premier games in the VMSL??? Whoever it is, is a fcuking moron. Why would you assign a ref to a game which the team is the same race as him??? Friday night we had Branco as a ref vs Metro Ford.. I guess he was scared or discouraged to call anything on Metro Ford because he is a pork chop also. I guess that peno he gave us vs the Croats was still in his mind. He had a fcuking horrible game, so bad that i would have much preferred to have mauricio as a ref. Wouldnt it be easier for refs and the co-ordinator to have a ref of different race ref the game???

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm a white Canadian male... Who can I ref then?:mad:

Ref beater, you've come a long way in your posting, using capitals and punctuation, albeit not always correctly, and withholding the swearing.

Don't make the mistake of playing the 'race' card here. Treat the refs with a little respect. It's fair to make some comment on the performance of the ref but be careful.

I believe Joe Macintyre schedules the refs and, to his credit he doesn't let 'race' affect his judgement. Nor would Mr. Branco let 'race' be an issue in any game he was reffing.

That being said, on a weekend where there are 7 premier games in a day, are there really 7 refs who can do the job?!? Let alone 14 linesmen.

Pity the Div 1...2...3 ers who get the rest of bucket;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nor would Mr. Branco let 'race' be an issue in any game he was reffing.
Of course he wouldn't. How could he when he blows his frickin' whistle every 30 seconds, slowing the game down to a snail's pace? Right Jose? :D

~TBexpectingascathingemailinabout3hours :rolleyes:

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
English or Irish?

Jinky,

Considering most of the players represent England in the Nation's Cup every summer I would say...Irish?

If anyone has a problem with Mr Branco it would be MF. His last game he officiated involving the Wolves was against Peg earlier this year where he ejected 3 of us out of the game - including yours truly! Their are a few players on the team who have made it a vow never to speak to the man again as long as they play competitive football. Remember that classic Regs? Greatest save I have ever made!

As for the racial connections, and in defense of ref's in the province, I doubt any of them really care for this league or any team that they would want to advantage one team over the other to meet their desired outcome.

Me thinks some of us are taking this league, their team and themselves a wee bit too seriously.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ethnic refs

Well said Jonesy... however a strong case could be made toward the volitile nature of some of the "Ethnic" referees that always seem to be in question??? Take Maritzio and Branco (just for shits and giggles), they both love to run the show and be "Thee man in charge"!!! one could speculate why this is the case, I figure it must be one of three things or a bad combination of each...
1) little man's syndrom (yes that means down there)
2) never made it past youth soccer because of their lack of ability
3) couldn't pass the physical for the RCMP so this became their back up badge

whatever way you want to slice it, some of these individuals like to make it a personal vendeta against you every time you claim offside, ball out of touch or a foul... Isn't it supposed to be the referee's responsibility to make sure the game is carried out within the rules of fair play, however I guess when the "Badge" was handed over to the likes of Mr. Branco and Mr. Maritzio they were also given bright flashy cards (for showing power), a mirror and comb (for pre-game/half time/post-game), and a pair of speedo's (to keep stuckup their arse each and every match)...

BTW, this is not a dig or a generalization at all ethnic people... It is merely a statement (part fun mostly truth) at certain individuals that have a wee temper and like to release their sexual frustration on lads just trying to play the beautiful game!!!

Guinnesshasseenthesetwospazwaytoomanytimes!!!:eek: :eek:

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guiness you really are a tool..........What the fukc does Branco's and Maurizio's race have anything to do with how they ref:

Generallizing can be dangerous.............The fact that they have little man syndrome, or never became a cop, or were shitty players has nothing to do with their race. Why this race thing with refs is a big topic is beyond my belief.

What should be of topic is how the CSA should improve the quality of officials....................... regardless of race.

Sandman

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, this is not a dig or a generalization at all ethnic people... It is merely a statement (part fun mostly truth) at certain individuals that have a wee temper and like to release their sexual frustration on lads just trying to play the beautiful game!!!

Sure Guinness, sure. By the way, the meeting is in Fort Langley tonight. Pretty exciting cuz we get the new robes tonight. Can't wait!:eek:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where race is concerned, I find that the human refs are the worst.

This is not a dig or a generalization at all humans... It is merely a statement (part fun mostly truth) at certain individuals that have a wee temper and like to release their sexual frustration on lads.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are missing the point I was trying to bring up. I remember a game at Adanac, when we were playing the Croats and Inter was playing Peg on the other field right beside us. We had Branco (pork chop) as a ref and they had Nick (wop) as theres. Why wouldnt the league have the refs switch games so theres no conflict of 1 favouring the same race. For example Branco gave us a pk on a shite call and CDK Bronco and all the others were making the excuse because he was a pork chop, and I think there was a shite pk called in the inter-peg game too. So why not save the conflicts and dont assign refs to games of there same race.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So why not save the conflicts and dont assign refs to games of there same race?
You don't get it, do you?

To 'save the conflicts' would be to dignify the attitudes of those who think that race makes a difference.

It doesn't, 'nuff said. :mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Race...

Ref beater,

Race refers to either being Caucasian, Asian, Negro, Native, etc…. not Italian or Croatian.

If you're trying to make a case, at least get it right!

I agree that maybe the ethnic backgrounds should be considered, but more for the Ref's benefit, as they will surely get criticism not matter what the result. It’s a no-win situation for them. Ref beater...are you sure this isn't just your imagination?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relax

Why does everyone get sooo uptight when you mention the words "ethnic" or "race"... I never use race (because I'm not fast over 40 metres), but the ethnic term can be used a little more loosely... com'om were all adults here, nothing in my post was directed at Chinese/East Indian/Jewish or the like (especially not Greeks)!!! I was only tapping into what the few posts previous were getting at!!! Maritzio and Branco are freaks!!! there I said it... not because Branco is Portuguese and Maritzio is from "Who the fcuk cares", but because their temperature boils over before their socks fall down... they are out of hand with their card flashing and eye balling!!! Coming from an Irish/British background I know a thing or two about tempers, but fcuk these two are an example of the Incredible Hulk after someone taps his shoulder!!! Time Bombs!!!:mad: I guess the next bastard that calls me a drunk for being Irish is an ignorant cnut and I will report them to the Guarda!!! Multiculturism sure has people uneasy about what is a bigot and what is a statement involving someone with a different background??? Why???:confused:

Guinnessisalovernotafighter;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0