Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Refereeing question please ?

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What geordie also failed to mention was that he sent the player who was sent off back into the game, because he didn't think you could give a sending off to a player at his level. Even though thay are ID'd and carded. Someone needs to learn the rules before raising a flap about it online

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What geordie also failed to mention was that he sent the player who was sent off back into the game, because he didn't think you could give a sending off to a player at his level. Even though thay are ID'd and carded. Someone needs to learn the rules before raising a flap about it online

I,ve never mentioned any names of teams or players involved. I have never experienced or witnessed a 10 yr old getting sent off. The ref normally asks the coach to substitute problem players.
This was not a dirty or rough game but it was spoiled by the referee and the mum incident. Refs need to show some common sense and judge the situation and not act on the emotions of parents.
The referee didn,t issue any yellow cards beforehand and he didn,t even flash a red card to dismiss the player.I have heard that only certain level refs are allowed to send players off and a card must be shown so technically i didn,t class that as a sending off which is why i sent the player back on.

The matters laid to rest now but it was certainly a learning experience for my players.
Good luck in the final.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gordie all you need is three people to sighn a patition that ref showed no cards. And all of it is gone through the window. No ref with any respect for kids will send a ten year old off. There must be more to parent or some one saying things that pissed ref off. Ref must pull out the card before any one is sent off. If he/she does not show the card, than they are not fallowing the Fifa rules. Some clbs chairs add their on twis to it. Only way to solve that is to protest make sure you send a cheque with it. I think it is $100.00 to protest. Do not give in or you and your team is going to be picked on. Change your team name for next season and wash the paper trail.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly.

When in doubt, protest a U-11 game reffed by a 12 year old. That will surely fix all the misdeeds.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It really does not mater what age the ref is. He or she must fallow the Fifa rules. If they do not than they need more inclass help. People pay to play in any league.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, but the age does have bearing.

How much "classroom" can you give the kids? At some point, you need to give them real experiences to learn from, hopefully w/ out crazy soccer moms of undetermined hotness who come running out onto the pitch threatening a 10 year old.

You need to have a high level of tollerance for allowing the young refs to learn.

And, you're an idiot.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I,ve never mentioned any names of teams or players involved. I have never experienced or witnessed a 10 yr old getting sent off. The ref normally asks the coach to substitute problem players.
This was not a dirty or rough game but it was spoiled by the referee and the mum incident. Refs need to show some common sense and judge the situation and not act on the emotions of parents.
The referee didn,t issue any yellow cards beforehand and he didn,t even flash a red card to dismiss the player.I have heard that only certain level refs are allowed to send players off and a card must be shown so technically i didn,t class that as a sending off which is why i sent the player back on.

The matters laid to rest now but it was certainly a learning experience for my players.
Good luck in the final.

:eek::confused:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rest it is. Soccer here will never grow. From age 11 till age 17 is only time of development. We have so many senior people that could do a wonderfull job as refs and as AR's. Kids do not want to be there. they do not even dress as AR or refs. It runes look of soccer. Just look at Hockey and you will see why soccer will not grow.
Pay people charge more and do a proper job.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rest it is. Soccer here will never grow. From age 11 till age 17 is only time of development. We have so many senior people that could do a wonderfull job as refs and as AR's. Kids do not want to be there. they do not even dress as AR or refs. It runes look of soccer. Just look at Hockey and you will see why soccer will not grow.
Pay people charge more and do a proper job.

OK, most of that made no sense. What a psychotic mum and a clueless coach have to do w/ helping develop the players, I have no idea.

Will comment on the hockey, though...

Shockingly, you get 13-15 year old refs officiating the Atom level (which this is the equivalent of). The difference is sometimes you do get some senior level officials out on the ice w/ the refs giving them instruction. Usually in tourneys or playoff games, and this is something that- if BCSA had the manpower and resources- should be looked into.

I will also say that these young hockey refs take more than their share of abuse from idiot parents, too.

Still, has nothing to do w/ a nutcase mom (hockey has PLENTY of those), and idiot coaches who actually would consider protesting a U-11 result due to a debatable call.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good luck in the final.

This matter is laid to rest now.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, we are still waiting for a picture of the mother. Please post before we put this thing to rest.

And, if there was any form of "discipline" on her, please elaborate.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose if you apply the letter of the law, technically it is violent conduct. Common sense probably should prevail I would argue.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, Letter of the law.:rolleyes: Yet, if you go with that excuse - and yes it is an excuse for bad refereeing - then all games would be abandoned for lack of players on the pitch. LotL is a fcuking cop out for defending the stupid actions of some bad referees.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0