Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Promotion and Relegation.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Training,,whats that.? 2 times a week? wow . we stop training as soon as its time for our mittens.
We play friendlys every Wednesday night once it gets cold out. I find that if you make it fun you will get way more guys out in the rain and cold and it also attracts alot of the keeners who love to play. And the keeners or ballers are usually the better players.(not always though) 2 games a week is way more fun than 2 trainings a week. Especially with 5-7 guys showing up in the cold. What do you learn with 5-7 guys?
I never tell the guys if they have a game or not ( they always come expecting one)and when I feel we need to work on something I just have a session instead of a game and dont tell the guys. They are all there. Do they get pissed? I dont care cause they should be there anyways. Just so you know ,I dont pull that alot. Only when we lose to the Lions and such. LOL
Dont get me rong I do believe training is important. But training needs to either be on or off. If its on then you need real training and thats a min of 4hours 2-3 adays a week.
Cardio,Chalk talks ,meetings, basic drills, set plays. If your only going to get 2 hours once or twice a week,,,forget it and play games. use alot of subs and talk and learn as you go with everyone there. you get your cardio and can practice real game set plays and most of all ,,have fun.
What im trying to say is, if your haveing fun, Everything falls into place.
That includes Premier and down to div 3.
If a guy cant make games because of work,,it sucks but he is not the only guy or team with guys with that problem. the schedule is posted months before so ..Work it out.
Im exited for Surrey as they will be a great Premier addition. They will raise the bar in the FVSL for sure. And thats great.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is IS21 also hoping those that can't make the prem team play for his team?

Not really, but it would make for some interesting roster decisions :D Our team is a group of friends that decided to make a team, and we've moved from D3 to D1, so most of our focus has been on just playing together. Now having the taste of D1 and liking the competitiveness, it looks like we might be having a different take on next year, especially if we (the club) decide to have a Premier squad.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's my take on the promotion to Premier. I hope the Rangers do take the spot, as I think it would be good for the club. I think they could hold their own in Premier, and it would give kids who either A) don't want to drive in to Vancouver every second weekend or B) aren't good enough to get minutes with the VMSL side, something to strive for within the club. There's a ton of youth in the club, and there has to be more than enough talent in the pipeline to fill a roster when a current Ranger decides to move on.

Well said.
And I agree.

startstretchingthe#7jersey,

Z

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve Reed's old youth Metro team that won all those Provincials championships would be a nice fit (age ~23 now).

A bunch of them play for Foden with SU in the VMSL now however.

Plus there's our relegated SFC team from VMSL Div. 1 (all youth).

Then there's us "young" Rangers.

There's lots of talent through the SFC pipeline ... but enough to sustain Premier teams in both leagues? That's the question.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have to ask yourselves: if you'd had a place to promote these players to, they may not be in Foden's system now. You know?

You have a big pipeline, but only a short run of pipe. When 10" transitions down to one 5", the flow has nowhere to go.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
if there is any club that can field 2 premier teams and have a full pipeline system, it's the rangers. they are everywere.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally if I were the Rangers I wouldn't go up as you may be challenged every week and who wants that.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any truth to the rumor that DMU Prem, now div 1 is merging with Rangers?
heard it from a DMU player last week at soccer.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So my truth that they relied on some of their Masters to bring up their quality was true then?

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers = junk!!!!!

Unless I'm reading the FVSL website completely wrong which is a real distinct possibility as I'm a few pops in.....
My eyes tell me that the Rangers decided to forfeit their premier spot to stay in Div 1 as Aldergrove appears to be back in the premier division????
WTF - why did you clowns even play the promotion game then.
This is absolute crap - makes the G'ers look bush and more importantly reflects EXTREMELY poorly on the reputation of the league. Any other team in Div 1 would give their left nut to be in premier. Little wonder teams want to leave the FVSL and move to the superior VMSL league.

JUNK!!!!

4ST OUT!!!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HMMMM...wonder if it will happen again this next year?:rolleyes:

They should play co-ed only next year ...no chance of moving up that way.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0