Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Promotion and Relegation.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier

9 North Delta Lions 17 4 4 9 21 36 16
10 Delta Metro United 17 0 0 17 11 68 0

Division One # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS

1 Port Moody Gunners 15 11 4 0 41 10 37
2 Peace Arch Utd 17 9 3 5 32 27 30
3 SFC Rangers 14 8 5 1 26 9 29
4 TWU Titans 14 9 1 4 26 13 28

With the Gunners already promoted and getting there spot back in premier and dmu heading down, this leaves alot of important games left in div 1 to decide that all important 2nd place. With the mighty rangers having to play twu. Trinity with the easier scheduale but how will it unfold. Can the second place team beat the lions? Will the mighty rangers finally leave there div 1 ranks? or will the baby titans hit the top flight? Going to be some good games comming up which will make for an exciting end to the season for these div 1 teams.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't the Rangers won this division 2 years in a row 2000 and 2001 and denied promotion both times?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
it wont be twu who gets promotion thats for sure. We can still get promotion too dont forget with a lil help however, we need sfc rangers to lose and a few other results to go our way. funny how out of those 4 teams we have beaten 2 and tied 1, shows how inconsistant we have been. all that being said i think all of those 4 teams up there can beat the lions.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
after taking another look at the table i see that dewdney still have a good shot too, and we however have to play two very good teams in dynamo, and dewd. With no offence to aldergrove we should be able to beat them which would mean taking 9 points from those games and if sfc rangers lose once to anyone we will be teid for points, i don't know how this league works, is it head to head or goal difference? if head to head is the case we will be 2nd if goal diff is the issue they will get that playoff game.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
after taking another look at the table i see that dewdney still have a good shot too, and we however have to play two very good teams in dynamo, and dewd. With no offence to aldergrove we should be able to beat them which would mean taking 9 points from those games and if sfc rangers lose once to anyone we will be teid for points, i don't know how this league works, is it head to head or goal difference? if head to head is the case we will be 2nd if goal diff is the issue they will get that playoff game.

The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams.

2(e) In the event that a team defaults one of its games to the other team or teams, then the defaulting team will receive the lower position.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what has to happen? 2nd place plays the ND Lions? Is it one game or two (home & home)?

It would be an interesting dilemma for the Rangers. No doubt they've had a good season. I rate them higher than Trinity for sure. Rangers do have some current signings that would compete well up there, but also many that are on the back nine of their "careers" that would likely be just as content staying put.

If I were to speculate, my guess would be they are going after the spot, and if successful, they then at least have a pleasant dilemma on their hands, and the club option to place a team in Premier, and a half decent group to go in there with.

That's what seems to make sense, anyhow.

On a short series vs. Lions, I put my money on the Rangers.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe it says its to be a 2 game series but last year they (GEU and PM G) only played a 1 off at the cup finals.
Great game by the way.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont think the Rangers will move up if they win ,,
Dont get me wrong,I wish they would as I know they would do well.
They would make the Premier div that much stronger.
I have just heard its not what they want.
;(

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With two teams in the club...Strikers & 'Gers
Could we not have a premier team with call ups from the strikers?

Playing at that level is easy for one or two games, and I fancy ourselves against any team in the Valley for that stretch...but, over a 18 game season, you need to be fit, and need to have commitment.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes you could and I personaly hope you do as your club would really boost up the Premier Div.
Another thing I have noticed when playing premier, Its alot easyer to find new young players who want to join your club. Helps the good players in the area play better caliber closer to home. Strengthens the whole club. the more players/teams in the club means the older guys who are friends can still play together where they want.
I really hope the Rangers make some move as they all are great guys and have some great talent (still) and there are so many young great players in thier area who should be playing up and representing that area.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With two teams in the club...Strikers & 'Gers
Could we not have a premier team with call ups from the strikers?

Playing at that level is easy for one or two games, and I fancy ourselves against any team in the Valley for that stretch...but, over a 18 game season, you need to be fit, and need to have commitment.

That's why I figured you guys would be up for it this year, should it happen. We have some young guys that could no doubt play up for you and handle it, rookie7 for sure, #23 and #15 too.

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So i have a question that i'm sure some others have thought about.....in the event that Trinity gains a premier spot...does langlely nolonger have access to the trinity ringers after the CIS season concludes?

Also....in regards to the Lions potential playoff game...(i recently saw the Rangers take the piss out of the Wack for 90...despite losing) so i would give them the nod over ND. But with that said the lions looked okay the other night when they played Abby, had them 1-1 for a good portion of the game. So they could grind it out.

Rember last relegation game...the GEU team, everyone said the the Gunners would mop the floor with them, but they stayed up.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF happened to the lions. Gauler needs to whip the boys into shape. In this supposed playoff, i vote lions. but i'm biased having played for the lions for 12 years.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVcascade...I was thinking the same thing. I have no idea. On one hand you figure it's a natural fit. On the other, LFC3's team has been good all year round. I know a lot of the guys, but also don't know many of the new guys either. I don't think it was as in year's past w/ a bunch of guys sailing in after the CIS run was done. I suspect some of these guys are graduated players.

If you think about the demographic of Langley, a lot of the kids around here end up at either Trinity or FV University playing. If they want to continue to play competitive footy, and want to stay in the Langley area, it may very well be that there is enough good players for two Premier squads to draw from.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missionblues10,

I am completley biased to the lions. i know they may not be playing very good right now. but they could have dmu record and i would still vote lions. it's more to do with 11 years of loyalty than actual play.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe it says its to be a 2 game series but last year they (GEU and PM G) only played a 1 off at the cup finals.
Great game by the way.

From the FVSL site:
"9th Place team plays a 1 game playoff for Premier spot with 2nd Place in Division 1"

As for that Moody - GEU game last year, didn't Port Moody start the game with only 9 guys? I think they didn't even field a full squad for the playdown.

No wonder they lost to GEU Prem last year. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0