Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Promotion and Relegation.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Dude, I have not been on top of my TTP game the last few weeks.

We will take our time and decide whether to go up or not, because we DESERVED IT (the option).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow JTL you really have a hard-on for us Rangers and that Premier spot.

Isn't it time you guys joined yet another club? :wa:

Have to admit I snickered at this. Not a full-on guffaw, but a snicker. OK, maybe a chuckle.

Every dog has his day, and Bollocks just made a funny. Leave on a high note Steve.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will take our time and decide whether to go up or not, because we DESERVED IT (the option).

See this is where you are COMPLETELY wrong. You don't have any right for an option - by playing in the game your team/club committed to the fact that the winner would play in premier and the loser in div 1.

If the G'ers weren't fully committed to moving up you SHOULD have declined playing in any promotion/relegation game. Any other top 5 team in Div 1 would have given their left nut to be in a one-game playoff to have the chance to play premier.

There is no doubt the G'ers would be a welcome addition to the premier division as you would only strengthen the division but the waffling that is going on only makes BOTH your CLUB and the LEAGUE look bush

My two-bits

4ST OUT!!!:bronco:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league should force your hand and if not start over in Div. 3.
Jack:
How do you feel about starting in the lower division next year in Masters? ;)
And earning your right to compete with the Elite?
Back to PoCo is it?
Like we didn't see that one coming eh Cloughie? :D

Forrest:
What's BUSH is not coimg out to watch your team get beat into submission on the weekend when promising me to collectively drown our sorrows while we moan about our knees.
Amongst other things.
Talk about being cowardly and selfish...

And Swamp Donkey:
The High Priests met last night and as much they thoroughly enjoyed your dig at one of the top ranking lieutenants they wanted to remind you he's very much onside and very passionate of his club. He's an easy sell and wants to help where he can.

I am and continue to be,
Rangersforever

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forrest:
What's BUSH is not coimg out to watch your team get beat into submission on the weekend when promising me to collectively drown our sorrows while we moan about our knees.
Amongst other things.
Talk about being cowardly and selfish...

RF - I had to work Saturday otherwise would've been there. Sounds like I didn't miss much from a Delta perspective :rolleyes:

Like how you skirt the point I made - silence speaks volumes :D

4ST OUT!!!:bronco::bronco:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger,

For 5 years now I've been waiting for a chance to kick Kenny in an epic battle of the Island Dwellers (in other words, the forgotten men of outside mid). You have to be fist fcuking me that I have to kick all of the bottom dwellers for one more year to get my shot.

Oh well. At least the LUFC Athletics and New Dewds can renew a somewhat...erm...controversial tie from this season in div. 1.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack:
How do you feel about starting in the lower division next year in Masters? ;)
And earning your right to compete with the Elite?
Back to PoCo is it?
Like we didn't see that one coming eh Cloughie? :D

I would be very surprised if the league put us in the bottom tier. If that was the case I don't think we would go to Master's as we are not in to blowing teams out on a weekly basis. We did that a few years ago in Div. 2 and it wasn't enjoyable. We want to compete with the top teams which I understand are very good and that is the only reason we would go to Master's.

Just for the record Bollocks, our team has only belonged to one club and that is Dewdney for the last 5 years. Prior to that all of the players were playing for different clubs scattered amongst the lower mainland.

JTL

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like how you skirt the point I made

Look, the only skirt around here is the one you were wearing Saturday. :D

Jack/Dude:
This web site is caled Takethepiss.com.
I, for the record, have no fcuking clue as to how they will set it up next year in the biggest league in the FVSL, the Masters division.
My humble opinion is both of your sides will make it even better.

But the minute that any of you tits :rolleyes: ;) go after my club and whine your little asses off, I'll for sure lay right fcuking into yer heid.

Cheers, :)
RF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger,

You know as well as I do that whenever we can get you to pull that 10' high picket fence out of your ass, it makes for better entertainment. If it takes JTL calling your club cowardly, chicken shite, and plain ugly, so be it. I think he also called their Treasurer a numpty. I'd never say such a thing.

~Settingthe09/10table.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's my take on the promotion to Premier. I hope the Rangers do take the spot, as I think it would be good for the club. I think they could hold their own in Premier, and it would give kids who either A) don't want to drive in to Vancouver every second weekend or B) aren't good enough to get minutes with the VMSL side, something to strive for within the club. There's a ton of youth in the club, and there has to be more than enough talent in the pipeline to fill a roster when a current Ranger decides to move on.

surreyu

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is the question: to promote or not to promote.

Due to work or family committments a lot of us just can't make two trainings a week and the game on the weekend, and when you have half your team only training once a week and 4 or 5 guys missing each game that equals a lossing season. Theres no doubt we have enough talent to compete with any premier team on the day, but over a season I think we would coming back down. We should definetly keep the spot for our club and anyone that wishes to play premier can. However, for us slightly out-of-shape, once a week training plumbers, I'm pretty happy in the first div.

Surreyu (Now with the Rangers)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Training,,whats that.? 2 times a week? wow . we stop training as soon as its time for our mittens.
We play friendlys every Wednesday night once it gets cold out. I find that if you make it fun you will get way more guys out in the rain and cold and it also attracts alot of the keeners who love to play. And the keeners or ballers are usually the better players.(not always though) 2 games a week is way more fun than 2 trainings a week. Especially with 5-7 guys showing up in the cold. What do you learn with 5-7 guys?
I never tell the guys if they have a game or not ( they always come expecting one)and when I feel we need to work on something I just have a session instead of a game and dont tell the guys. They are all there. Do they get pissed? I dont care cause they should be there anyways. Just so you know ,I dont pull that alot. Only when we lose to the Lions and such. LOL
Dont get me rong I do believe training is important. But training needs to either be on or off. If its on then you need real training and thats a min of 4hours 2-3 adays a week.
Cardio,Chalk talks ,meetings, basic drills, set plays. If your only going to get 2 hours once or twice a week,,,forget it and play games. use alot of subs and talk and learn as you go with everyone there. you get your cardio and can practice real game set plays and most of all ,,have fun.
What im trying to say is, if your haveing fun, Everything falls into place.
That includes Premier and down to div 3.
If a guy cant make games because of work,,it sucks but he is not the only guy or team with guys with that problem. the schedule is posted months before so ..Work it out.
Im exited for Surrey as they will be a great Premier addition. They will raise the bar in the FVSL for sure. And thats great.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0