Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just want to congrats to the NC Blues. They definetly took it to us yesterday and were well deserving of the win and to be in the finals. It is obvious that they are not a div.4 team and i was not a part of all that "div.4 crap talk" before the game. Like mentioned before, new teams have to start in div.4 and if they stay together they can move up the divisions very quickly in the next few years.

Now i just want to mention one thing to all the Nomads hypster haters out there (i feel like the goddam Canucks in the nhl, hated by every other team haha). Nomads played like shite yesterday and were in no way deserving to win. Prob one of the worst 3 games we played all year. Couldnt string any passes together, hardly any shots or chances for that matter. Was that just a bad game by us? Maybe. Was it a product of NC Blues frustrating us with their possesion, pace and style of play. More likely. However with all of that said, remember one thing. They could not score in a full 90 min game. As bad as we played and as good as the blues played, it was 0-0 at fulltime. And in extratime it took my own players ass to score on me to break the deadlock, not the blues. Once we scored on ourselves, our heads went down and they scored another one quickly.

My point is while they were deserving of it in prob every facet of the game, it still took luck to beat us. If that game went to pks, anybodys game. Just couldnt hold off any longer. You have to be good to be hated, making semis this year, finals last year, and semis the year before that (losing to the red devils) proves that we are a good team, so continue to hate please, its a nice compliment.

Good luck to the Blues in the finals. I wish you all the best and hope you win. That way we can say we lost to the pres winners in 3 straight years

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point is while they were deserving of it in prob every facet of the game, it still took luck to beat us. If that game went to pks, anybodys game. Just couldnt hold off any longer. You have to be good to be hated, making semis this year, finals last year, and semis the year before that (losing to the red devils) proves that we are a good team, so continue to hate please, its a nice compliment.

Were your 7 league losses due to bad luck as well? Or how about the 41 goals you let in in 15 games? By the looks of your year you Nominds are a very average division 2 team.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@ outkast: We had nothing to play for in league and had starters resting during that stretch, including HA not playing some of those games. I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but a lack of depth and quality in defense has been our undoing up to this point. Yesterday was the first time I truly felt we didn't do enough to produce chances and create anything.

Full credit to NC Blues. Good Quality side that played very well defensively, had a very good work rate and were a bunch of good young fit guys.

Could make up a million excuses... not going to bother. Better team won on the day.

Inter Stolo was a similar game to me...although Stolo nicked one early, then the tides changed 100% AJ tried to do too much himself after that and the fullbacks for Inter were pretty average cheaply giving away possession. Inter had similar issues as us, although their issue, imho, was that they were really pressing too much. When MB10 got on the ball he was in a double team or got it with no time/space.

I think I'm going to pick Stolo in the final, for 2 reasons: 1- Their finishing, while poor against Inter, is better than NC Blues and 2- They're used to grass, and if weather permits this game will be played on grass: Advantage Stolo.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were your 7 league losses due to bad luck as well? Or how about the 41 goals you let in in 15 games? By the looks of your year you Nominds are a very average division 2 team.

as JBN said, massive injuries all season long, especially right before xmas. After i injured my knee in the 2nd Marga game, along with all the other piles of injuries we lost 2 straight before xmas by a combined total of 14-0. take away those two results and the GA looks a lot better. Don't be fooled by stats. Come out and watch and judge for yourself next time.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, now 3 nomads have made 3 semi-classy posts I will say one last thing about our game with NC.

The NC Blues were VERY VERY lucky to not have at least one, but probably 2 sending offs in the first half. The official was calling it perfectly and issued four or five yellows (One of which would have been red if I was the official) but then put his book away till late in the second half when he issued us two yellows for dissent/time wasting (in a 0-0 draw but I digress...)

I'm not saying the official caused us to lose etc- we did that ourselves. He was equally poor/good for both teams, he was just very inconsistent. They persistently went to ground sliding and such and hacked in the first half and he stopped it, but then it was like he didn't want to affect the outcome, but he was very inconsistent imho.

Game might have been different if they're down one or two men. I'd hate to see what Strength & Honour and Paul's ankles/Calves looked like yesterday.

If they play that physical against Stolo and the ref lets a lot of it go the Stolo players will implode and take bookings for berating officials.

The only D4 stuff that I saw from NC Blues was their tackling, anytime a ball was shown and then pulled back they came right through, they're obviously used to playing against a lower standard of talent. That is a compliment for them (The Blues) for you D4-Pride-Defenders. ;)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get fcuking real, i was watching the game....
Paul was flopping every chance he got. They didn't really foul you guys at all, they just played hard and some of those yellows were a little harsh to be honest. But since we're talking about missed calls, how about the handball in the box that the linesman on our side gave and was over turned by the ref. That was as clear as day. I wasn't gonna say anything but the disgrace your guys showed after the game yelling and whining at the ref was disgraceful. If you wanna yell at anyone, yell at yourselves. Why can't you guys just accept that the Blues completely outplayed you guys?

Inter accept the fact that we was outplayed by Stolo, who played hard but never dirty, and just never gave up running. They wanted it more than we did, and the Blues wanted it more than you guys did.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummmm, I don't remember reading anywhere that we said we weren't outplayed. In fact, I don't think there was one area that we were better then them. But to say they weren't fouls is stupid. They picked up 3 or 4 yellows in the first 5 minutes, and continued hacking all game. JBN also mentioned the ref was VERY inconsistent, missing that handball you mention. He said it was unintentional (which it was) but I still don't know how you don't call that a PK. He made up for it on their 2nd goal though, the ball was 2 feet out before the cross went in and apparently the linesman didn't see it either.

Hurricane09

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paul was flopping every chance he got. They didn't really foul you guys at all, they just played hard and some of those yellows were a little harsh to be honest. But since we're talking about missed calls, how about the handball in the box that the linesman on our side gave and was over turned by the ref. That was as clear as day. I wasn't gonna say anything but the disgrace your guys showed after the game yelling and whining at the ref was disgraceful. If you wanna yell at anyone, yell at yourselves. Why can't you guys just accept that the Blues completely outplayed you guys?

Inter accept the fact that we was outplayed by Stolo, who played hard but never dirty, and just never gave up running. They wanted it more than we did, and the Blues wanted it more than you guys did.

Notice there is no "But...." in their game recap. Inter is a classy side.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's talk about what matters the most here.

Pauly was the only man ( I'll you that term loosely ) on the field wearing gloves. All of us on the sidelines holding a cold beer thought that was kinda g_y.

JBN as a manager you should have been fined for not wearing matching Kits.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads gotta be the biggest cry babies in the fvsl. Infinite excuses for every loss from 5 different guys and then jbn will post a book about it( about anything for that matter)

Nomads = Inter on meth

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummmm, I don't remember reading anywhere that we said we weren't outplayed. In fact, I don't think there was one area that we were better then them. But to say they weren't fouls is stupid. They picked up 3 or 4 yellows in the first 5 minutes, and continued hacking all game. JBN also mentioned the ref was VERY inconsistent, missing that handball you mention. He said it was unintentional (which it was) but I still don't know how you don't call that a PK. He made up for it on their 2nd goal though, the ball was 2 feet out before the cross went in and apparently the linesman didn't see it either.
If we really want to get into fairness, you guys only beat us (celtic) because you got 5pks and he only gave us 4, talk about unfair, we would have crushed NC but just didn't get the chance. #robbed

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we really want to get into fairness, you guys only beat us (celtic) because you got 5pks and he only gave us 4, talk about unfair, we would have crushed NC but just didn't get the chance. #robbed

I was hoping you didn't mention that. Poopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

mb 10, your a total joke buddy. if you read (which apparently you can't), every nomad on here was singing the praises of that NC team, as will I. We lost that game the minute it started. When HA, JBN and IS said stuff like "outplayed" "undeserving" "outworked" "took it to us" etc etc. Doesn't scream moaning and whining to me. They played hard, and its true, I can still barely walk. but to say Paul was flopping around is just crap man. give your head a shake. I'm not sure why you have such a hate on for your fellow english bloke, but common, he took a 2 footer studs up through the back of the legs, in which the ref told me he was teetering on giving a straight red to that guy. and if you're a "classy" player, then I clearly don't know what that word means.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads are a joke, always have been here on TTP, its just that you guys make up 75% of the contribution. I can't believe Stolo is in the final tho. Quite a different match up than I think anyone predicted.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stolo in the final could be dangerous on the sidelines!Just saying!!!Ever been to there field ! It's fun!!!!

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads are a joke, always have been here on TTP, its just that you guys make up 75% of the contribution. I can't believe Stolo is in the final tho. Quite a different match up than I think anyone predicted.

Yeah i don't think anyone would of predicted Stolo vs Blues. But that's what it is and i'm gonna take the Blues simply cause i've seen them play twice now and besides being complete hacks they actually move the ball around and rarely hump it up field, you can see they're Metro ford/Pomo guys that were well coached. Stolo will match the Blues work rate and play some good stuff of their own but i think the Blues will have a mental advantage that most really young teams have and that's they'll give everything and feel like they can't lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0