Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2010 / 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classic ......

Soccernet.com said:
...... Rooney was carried out of training on Tuesday as the storm over his future raged. And Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Rooney will now be out of action until the middle of next month ..... But after he made a brief appearance against West Brom on Saturday, a training ground tackle from Paul Scholes has put him on the sidelines.

Cute :rolleyes:

Attachments

• SAF & Rooney.jpg
    SAF & Rooney.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 352

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the gang of balaclava clad hoodlums that showed up at his door threatening to kill him must have helped him make up his mind. In fact, 5 years ago, they did the same thing to Rio Ferdinand. After watching the Two Escobars, I'm not sure of anything in the soccer world!

Angry Mob Threatens Wayne Rooney At His Home: Report

Good for you Wayne. Now go score some goals. Lots of them! :mad:

I guess that means United will spend big money in the January transfer window?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
15 to go...

Liverpool 2
Chelski 0

---

Can't believe the Hargreaves situation.... a bit tragic.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 points out of a CL spot, it's within reach for sure with only a third of the season done now. Hopefully the new Yanks don't fcuk it up :)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea 32 shots. Birmingham 3 shots.

Final Score. 1-0 Birmingham

You just never know on the day. Crazy

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Fox Sports World Canada is gone from Bell Expressvu.

I won't miss Bobby McMahon.

Or Michelle Lissell. What is that all about?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posted in another thread a month or so ago... can't remember which one though... of topic but Bell is also getting rid of HDNet

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tevez's wants to quit football.

Carlos Tevez says he will only continue his career in Europe for "three or four years" as he has grown tired of the money swamping professional football.

GettyImages
Carlos Tevez has often expressed his dissatisfaction during his time at Manchester City
Tevez often cuts an unhappy figure and 12 months ago said he would consider retiring from professional football if Argentina won the World Cup finals as he wanted to spend more time with his family.

He returned from South Africa to captain Manchester City this season but it appears that football's financial focus, and a lack of respect from young players emerging from the ranks, has once again led the striker to ponder his future in the game.

"I don't want to play anymore," Tevez told TyC Sports. "I'm tired of football, but also tired of people who work in football. I don't want to play anymore, and I'm talking seriously.

"Football is only about money, and I don't like it. There are so many agents with really young footballers ... it's awful, as these young players are not interesting in winning titles, they only want money. The young players think that they have won something in football because they have two cell phones and a house. Today, there are many bad people in the football business, and you have to fight with them all the time. I'm tired of that too.

"Today, the young players have no education at all, and I don't want to listen to them. When I played in Boca, when [Martin] Palermo or [Juan Roman] Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don't want a young player to tell me 'why did you do that?' in the dressing-room. I would punch him, as I have won 13 titles in my career.

"I'm going to play football for three or four years in Europe, then I will quit. I would play for Boca again only if my father asks me to do it, but I don't want to play in Argentina again. If you ask me, I would love to have my old life back in my neighbourhood of Fuerte Apache as I don't like my way of life today."

Interesting take on things, as much as I can't stand Man City, and Tevez, i do see his point.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always liked Tevez.

It's interesting because even here at the amateur level it seems the same... the young players don't want to put in the time to establish themselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0