Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2010 / 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccernet.com said:
Nigel de Jong has been dropped from the Netherlands squad for two upcoming Euro 2012 qualifiers, with Oranje boss Bert van Marwijk claiming he had "no option" after the Manchester City midfielder's "wild and unnecessary" leg-breaking challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa.

De Jong has been roundly criticised for the tackle, during his side's 2-1 victory over Newcastle on Sunday, which has left Frenchman Ben Arfa with a broken tibia and fibula, and he has developed a reputation for his uncompromising approach to marshalling the midfield.

Last season, he risked ending the World Cup hopes of Bolton's USA midfielder Stuart Holden after breaking his leg, while he launched into a chest-high challenge on Xabi Alonso during the World Cup final.

Van Marwijk himself appeared unimpressed with the clash with Ben Arfa, telling Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad: "I've seen the pictures back. It was a wild and unnecessary offence. He went in much too hard.

"It is unfortunate, especially since he does not need to do it. The funny thing is that the referee did not even show a yellow card for it. Apparently, there are other standards. But I have a problem with the way Nigel needlessly looks to push the limit. I am going to speak to him.''

Van Marwijk revealed on Monday that he had left De Jong out of the Netherlands squad for the upcoming Euro 2012 qualifiers against Moldova and Sweden.

"I just told the players," Van Marwijk said. "I told them that I saw no other option. In the future I will agree with Nigel to talk. Now I want the staff and the players to concentrate on the next two important qualifiers."

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hatem Ben Arfa was off to a flyer with the Magpies and that dirty cnut tackles him like that. Was amazed to have seen him wave to the supporters as he was stretchered off, most players have their heads in their hands in utter disbelief, hopefully hes back sooner then later.

On the bright side, Liverpool are crap :) Reading the BBC, Liverpool's prospective new owner has vowed to clear the club's debts when it takes over. Hicks and Gillett value the club at 600 million, apparently the prospective new owner has tabled a 300 million bid.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even with new owners you Liverfools still wont win anything!

The new owners (should it all go through) have done great things at the Boston Red Sox but you have to be skeptical about more Americans!

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sure, de jong's challenge on Alonso was awful. However, there was nothing in this last one. Hard with an unfortunate result. The Henry one was way worse without the result. de jong has had 3 note worthy challenges make headlines in a brief period. I could put together a entire dvd on the "best of Paul Scholes" and they would be far worse than de jong. Scholes is not a dirty cnut either (though he plays for man u so maybe he is) but he is a dreadful tackler.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I concur...Ya he's had a few horror challenges but I think he HAS shaped up, the cleats to the chest tackle...please. He let up when he realized what was happening. Was more of a message than a malicious act. :rolleyes:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
United would be foolish to sell Rooney to another english club. Sell him abroad and you won't have to play against him or hear about him unless its champions league or what not. Send to to Madrid and Bring back Benzema. I would love to see Rooney stay but his future at Old Trafford looks bleek.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gutting news for United fans ....... not sure wtf is going on with Wazza but it looks as if he's on his way out of Old Trafford.

Interesting though on the potential suitors for his signature - With his price tag (I'd say a minimum of 60 - 80 million pounds), only 4 or 5 clubs can afford him : Chelsea, City, Barcelona, Real Madrid and maybe AC Milan.

Fergie's interview on Sky Sports :

SkySports Video Player (v09)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's hard too say but I actually feel bad for united. I can't see Chelsea wanting him and he said he won't move away so where else is there? Only man city, and tbh I really hate what that clubs done with thier money. If Rooney moves to man city it'll be the worst move he could possibly make for himself. He is an idiot for ruining his relationship with a club that loves him and actually made him the player he is today.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really hate what that clubs done with thier money... He is an idiot for ruining his relationship with a club that loves him and actually made him the player he is today.

Chelsea did exactly the same years ago, but now the hatred has shifted on to Man City, everyone seems to have forgotten Chelsea were the first club to start spending silly money.

And although Man U do a great job of developing players, I really don't think they've made him the player he is today, I don't think they have done a good job developing Rooney's game at all. He seems less passionate than he did when he was younger.

I hope he's not dumb enough to go to Man City, he will probably go abroad IF he does leave. I think Man U will struggle big time without him too.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And although Man U do a great job of developing players, I really don't think they've made him the player he is today, I don't think they have done a good job developing Rooney's game at all. He seems less passionate than he did when he was younger.

Mikey, he's 10 times the player now than he was when he originally joined United as a 18 year old. Yes, his passion was greater when he was younger but if you remember, he was very reckless. Ferguson has channelled his aggression in the right places and is an accomplished international now. He has developed under Ferguson and United and they should and will take the credit for making him the player that he is today.

Just in case you forgot, he scored 34 goals last year and won Player of the Year awards across the board even though he was injured from March onwards. Let's be honest here, he developed pretty fcuking well wearing a United shirt.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 times? Put the pipe down :D

He has under-achieved at International level.

No, I haven't forgotten his 34 goals, I had him in my fantasy team all year, and still sticking by him this year too - he's one my favorite players of all time.

He banged the goals in sure. Did he play the same role he usually plays though that year? No. That year he was the main striker and goal scorer.

Man U feed the best finisher non-stop, hence Ronaldo scoring 42 the year before from midfield. After C.Ronaldo left Rooney had to step up - Fergie told him he needed to be the goal scorer. OK, so UTD worked on Rooney's heading - they could claim they made his heading what it is today - sure.

As soon as Ronaldo left, Rooney blossomed. Who knows what he would be like now if he stayed at Everton or went elsewhere? Maybe staying at Everton as the main man may have pushed him to work harder, and achieve more? Who knows, maybe having an injury free period may help him get some form back.

All I know is you only occasionally see glimpses of his magic these days, which is such a shame because he is so fcuking talented. He seems to make so many mistakes these days.

And, he was always going to calm down as he aged, that's inevitable.

Fergie has a way of pissing off his best players - some might say getting the WORST out of them.

Who do you support by the way? :rolleyes:

Real Madrid are going to love signing him. :cool:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For fcuk sakes :rolleyes:

United have improved his heading ??!! Really ??!! Mate, this isn't fcuking FVSL Divison 2 shite training once a week .........

Agreed he's under-achieved at International Level but he's still only 24 years old.

So, what you're saying is that he's finished at 24 because you only see glimpses of his magic these days ??!! For fcuk sakes, at the end of last season he was touted as the one player to lead England to the World Cup. Not only did he have a shocking World Cup but every other that put on a Three Lions shirt in the summer did the same.

Every player goes through a bad period and this unfortunately is Wayne's ....... I expect him to regain his form whether it be with United this year or with someone else.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
United have improved his heading ??!! Really ??!! Mate, this isn't fcuking FVSL Divison 2 shite training once a week .........

Erm, exactly??? They train everyday which means they actually improve. Are you trying to say Div 2 players training once a week progress more than pro's who train every day? Sorry I don't understand the above if not.

The stats are there, he hardly scored headed goals, then last year, BOOM headers galore. So MU can have that one, well done, they made him the heading player he is today. That's about it.

Manchester United Striker Wayne Rooney: Recent Headed Goals Reflect Intensive Work In Training - first google result :D

So, what you're saying is that he's finished at 24 because you only see glimpses of his magic these days ??!!

Wow, your words don't taste too good in my mouth. I don't remember saying that once?

I think he still has a lot to give, I just hope he comes out of this rough patch sooner rather than later, for England's sake.

He had the potential to light up the WC (on the back of his EPL form) but the whole team were dog shite, it takes more than one player to win a game.

I'm sure he will regain his form at Real Madrid. As long as there are some old hookers readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0